Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+10
cruiseforme
nancyk2sea
Exairgoddess1
GrmyCRS
cruisenfever
JJ2sail
jillybabes
frudutx
critterchick
vlscruiser
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 5:15 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
critterchick wrote:
cruiseforme wrote:
Jean........that's a ridiculous flight!....Course the gov't does that with military coming home for leave too.....guess they all need a good ta!!

Is Reyno still a fill in concierge or has he been given a concierge job yet??

I keep thinking that a year ago I was still on the Radiance....I wish I were this year......oh well............I'll keep on dreaming......

Only 480 days til we embark on the Oasis....mmmmmmmm

jul Smile

Jul, I assume he's going back as a Purser & maybe will fill in? But they wanted a Spanish-speaking Concierge for the SA itineraries. I read that it's Juan Diego, which to me is a complete slap at Reyno. We had Juan Diego on Serenade and he was pleasant enough, but overmatched. It didn't help that he was overrun by D/D+ and didn't have so much as a bartender to help him. And he was good to me. But others were incensed at little things that he did or didn't do. Anyhoo. I told Reyno to call Delta and see if they'd change him to some more direct flights. We'll see!
Jean, it really isn't a slap to Reyno. Having sailed around SA................A Spanish/Portuguese speaking Concierge is a necessity. You MUST speak the language to be able to deal with and tell people that they can not use the CL unless they are eligible. Knowing how good Reyno was on our Alaska cruise and how firm he was to a certain you know who...........if he doesn't speak the language..........he will be overrun. I think that Reyno will be much safer in Guest Relations or in an area where more of the English language is spoken. If you have never sailed an itinerary around SA.............all I can say is that it is much different than other itinerary. I think that Sheila will agree with me.

Since I will have the pleasure of meeting Juan Diego in a few days...............I'll have to ascess the situation and report back.

I have to agree with Patti that the passengers on the SA itineraries are a different breed. We had two venues both attended by Spanish Portugese speaking ladies who had a heck of a time guarding the perimeter. I'm hoping that the Radiance will not attract the same hords since it's going back to San Diego. Speaking the language will be very important and since Juan Diego has had several more years of experience, I'm sure he'll do well. Reyno should have his own ship and I hope it happens soon for him. I am however a little biased because Juan Diego is a friend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 5:28 pm

Happy Birthday Chris Party I'll hoist one for you tonight. Hope you have a lovely evening.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 5:50 pm

Finally, after 1.5 days of working on the system I have my cameras and dvr working and taping........now I should be able to watch the store from my laptop whereever I am........It has been a long process but it's finally done.

I hate being so technologically illiterate!! My nephew makes it look so easy sometimes....maybe I should go back to school!!

Chris.....glad u'v got ur bday off........that's pretty good!! Sorry Martha has to have surgery on her hand...hopefully all will go well

back to work now.........have tons to do since I've been not on project all day.

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
jillybabes
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 7:44 pm

HappyBirthday Chris, I celebrated your birthday with a Margarita at dinner....

Phil: Good to see you posting come on in and visit anytime...

Hey to everyone else...Sheila: what did you think of the outcome of BB???
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 9:21 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Chris--do hope you had a great day.
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 9:23 pm

Kathy--you can add Mar 15, 2010, joining Sheila and Bob to our cruise list.

Thanks for keeping the list, nice to see where everyone is going.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 12:17 am

will do Nancy.........are you doing the b2b too??

Sept
25th - Jean(2)--Island Princess Pacific-- Panama Canal
26th--Patti--Radiance--Hawaii
26th--Jean--Monarch--BajaMexico

Oct
10th--Jean/Ginny--Monarch--BajaMexico

Nov
8th--Diane/Jill--Liberty-- E. Carib
9th--Jean/Marilyn--Vision--Mexican Riveria(with DirtGirl)
22nd--Nancy--Voyager--Med
29th --Barb/Nancy--Voyager-- Barcelona TA

Dec
14th--Jen--Vision--Mexican Riveria
15th--Kathy--Navigator--WCarib
18th--Jean--AzamaraJourney--Panal Canal

January
11th-Diane/Marilyn--Voyager-WCarib
18th--Marilyn/Diane-Voyager-WCarib
30th--Jul--Jewel-Panama Canal

Feb
1st--Sheila-Independence-WCarib
5th--Kathy-Navigator-WCarib

8th--Susan--Adventure-SoCarib

April
19th--Jean/Marilyn/Ginny--Mariner--Mexican Riveria
26th--Patti/Sheila/Nancy--Radiance--SoAmerica to San Diego

May
16th--Jean--AzamaraBest of Italy

Jun
8th--Barb--Monarch--Bahamas
21st--Jen/Ginny--Mariner--Mexican Riveria

Aug
30th--Ginny--Mariner--Mexican Riveria

Sept
2nd--Patti/GinnyRae--Jewel--TA
6th--Marilyn--Mariner--Mexican Riveria
14th--Patti--Jewel--NewEngland/Canada
24th/28th(b2b)--Susan--Enchantment--WCarib

Oct
4th--Kathy--Freedom--ECarib
4th--Jean--Radiance--Mexico
9th--Jean--Radiance--Mexico
25th--Jill/Diane--GoldenPrincess--Hawaii

Nov
16th--Jean--Radiance--Mexico
20th--Nancy--Solstice--Med
23th--Barb-- Independence--England & PARIS TA
30th--Nancy--Solstice--TA

Dec
7th---Chris & Martha--Grandeur--ECarib
26th--Jean--SapphirePrincess--MexicanRiveria

Jan
9th--Jul--Oasis--ECarib
16th--Jul--Oasis--ECarib

Feb
26th--Sheila--Rhapsody--Australia(b2b)

March
15th--Sheila/Nancy--Rhapsody--Australia/New Zealand(b2b)

April
12th--Sheila--Rhapsody--Sydney to Hawaii

Sept
25th--Susan--Oasis--ECarib

Oct
9th--Jill/Diane--Oasis--ECarib
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 2:07 am

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Paul210Kathy, is that you & Dennis in the middle?

Yall are on the main page right now

Hope everyone is good...happy belated b'day Chris
Back to top Go down
TwitchOR
Charter Member
Charter Member
TwitchOR

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:12 am

Hi to everyone,

Thanks very much for all your good wishes for my cruise. I'm really looking forward to 19 days of good food and good company. Patti and Jim and June called on Wednesday from San Diego and everyone is doing well and in cruise mode.

I don't have any more cruises booked Sad but I'll have to find one during the winter to get away from the rain and cold. So I may be joining some of you! bounce bounce

Hope everyone is doing well, and all your families, too.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:25 am

Morning all....

Jean....good to hear from you...

Hope everyone has a good day!

jul Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:31 am

Nice to hear from you Jean. Have a great cruise and give June a hug for us. We played Progressive Trivia on Jewel and could have used you and June. It was the most entertaining version yet as the cruise director did it and made it very funny.

Jill, We had BB tvo'd so we ran through them quickly while we were unpacking and doing laundry. I'm glad that Dan won. He really did play well. I'm surprised that Jerry made it as far as he did though and wished he'd gotten the consolation prize.

As for DWTS I really wanted Cloris out instead of Ted.

Getting ready to go up to PA to stay with the GK's for the weekend. I'll check in from there.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:39 am

Sheila.....have a fun weekend with the gk's....

I watched the first dwts and then gave up....Cloris's mouth is a little tooo much....Susan L can't dance at all.....most of them are just blahhhhh....I usually get drawn in by somebody that is just awesome (Stacy Kiebler, Anton, Mario, Kristi Y) and can't wait to watch....this year I didn't even watch the next two...

Guess I'll have some free nights now to scrapbook or something!!

Maybe I need to take up BB or AR or something....haven't watched any of those yet.

jul Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 12:10 pm

Morning all......

Been up and out (walking) already..was only 63 earlier....good walking weather......

Yup Barb.thats us.........we're celebrities,huh?? Embarassed I have an informal pic of the group too.........I always prefer the white backgrounds to the formal ones....

I thought I was the ONLY one who wants Cloris to go.............its embarassing..........thing is shows like that are popularity shows..........the ones with the biggest fan base stays.........

Click on it to make it bigger..

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 2847151550042692775S200x200Q85
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 1:00 pm

Morning everyone!

Nice picture Kathy!

Hi Jean2! Our December Vision has really good prices! Hint hint!

Cirque was awesome last night!

Jul, the Dueling Pianos are in the Kuhanaville party bar, and boy do they like to party! The bartenders all put on a bar flair show every hour, very loud rowdy bunch. The dueling piano's were two guys, and they were really into big boobs and short skirts, but we had a good time anyway.

I can't believe our week is almost over, we head home on Saturday. Sad Sad

Looking forward to seeing Chris and Martha tonight.

Jul do you know if there are any scrapbook stores near by?
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 1:58 pm

Jen......nope sure don't but tropicalscrapbooking.com carries some Las Vegas stuff!!!

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 2:16 pm

Morning everyone and afternooon to those on the right coast. Another beautiful day here..............just waiting for a couple more folks to arrive then we are off the the MALL!!

I talked with Jean2 yesterday and told her to post more that we missed her....................I see that she did post.

Have a great day everyone and will try to post while on the cruise. Wish you were all here.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 3:01 pm

Kathy great pictures!

Jean2, Marilyn & Bob and John and I are doing a B2B on Voyager in January. Rumor has it Galveston will be back in action long before then. Cool

Of course there's also the Golden Princess to Hawaii with Jill & Dave and John & I.

Just some options.

d
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 3:10 pm

Good Morning Ladies,

Jean #2 good to hear from you! Patti enjoy the mall land and the weather. sunny

Jen sounds like you are going to need a few days to rest up when you get home. Laughing

You'll have a great day.
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 3:48 pm

Patti--have a great cruise, sounds like you are having lots of fun already.

Jen--hello to Chris and Martha, found a great picture of the two of them I will have to forward.

Sheila--have fun the next few days,

Kathy--great pictures, looks like you are enjoying yourselves. We are only doing the March part of the Aust. cruise then the tour but not the b2b

Later--
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 4:51 pm

Sheila(or maybe Nancy,you know)---as I correct this list,let me ask you..........you are doing the B2B on RH,right??? Then you hop on it to Hawaii...........what are you doing for those 10 days inbetween(Apr2-12th??)......staying on RH or doing a land tour??

Good to hear from you Patti........we miss you on here..........sounds like you are having fun,,though.........

Sept
25th - Jean(2)--Island Princess Pacific-- Panama Canal
26th--Patti--Radiance--Hawaii
26th--Jean--Monarch--BajaMexico

Oct
10th--Jean/Ginny--Monarch--BajaMexico

Nov
8th--Diane/Jill--Liberty-- E. Carib
9th--Jean/Marilyn--Vision--Mexican Riveria(with DirtGirl)
22nd--Nancy--Voyager--Med
29th --Barb/Nancy--Voyager-- Barcelona TA

Dec
14th--Jen--Vision--Mexican Riveria
15th--Kathy--Navigator--WCarib
18th--Jean--AzamaraJourney--Panal Canal

January
11th-Diane/Marilyn--Voyager-WCarib
18th--Marilyn/Diane-Voyager-WCarib
30th--Jul--Jewel-Panama Canal

Feb
1st--Sheila-Independence-WCarib
5th--Kathy-Navigator-WCarib

8th--Susan--Adventure-SoCarib

April
19th--Jean/Marilyn/Ginny--Mariner--Mexican Riveria
26th--Patti/Sheila/Nancy--Radiance--SoAmerica to San Diego

May
16th--Jean--AzamaraBest of Italy

Jun
8th--Barb--Monarch--Bahamas
21st--Jen/Ginny--Mariner--Mexican Riveria

Aug
30th--Ginny--Mariner--Mexican Riveria

Sept
2nd--Patti/GinnyRae--Jewel--TA
6th--Marilyn--Mariner--Mexican Riveria
14th--Patti--Jewel--NewEngland/Canada
24th/28th(b2b)--Susan--Enchantment--WCarib

Oct
4th--Kathy--Freedom--ECarib
4th--Jean--Radiance--Mexico
9th--Jean--Radiance--Mexico
25th--Jill/Diane--GoldenPrincess--Hawaii

Nov
16th--Jean--Radiance--Mexico
20th--Nancy--Solstice--Med
23th--Barb-- Independence--England & PARIS TA
30th--Nancy--Solstice--TA

Dec
7th---Chris & Martha--Grandeur--ECarib
26th--Jean--SapphirePrincess--MexicanRiveria

Jan
9th--Jul--Oasis--ECarib
16th--Jul--Oasis--ECarib

Feb
26th--Sheila--Rhapsody--Australia(b2b)

March
15th--Sheila/Nancy--Rhapsody--Australia/New Zealand

April
12th--Sheila--Rhapsody--Sydney to Hawaii

Sept
25th--Susan--Oasis--ECarib

Oct
9th--Jill/Diane--Oasis--ECarib
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 5:29 pm

frudutx wrote:
Kathy great pictures!

Jean2, Marilyn & Bob and John and I are doing a B2B on Voyager in January. Rumor has it Galveston will be back in action long before then. Cool

Of course there's also the Golden Princess to Hawaii with Jill & Dave and John & I.

Just some options.

d

or the Oasis 10-9-10!!!!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 5:45 pm

jillybabes wrote:
frudutx wrote:
Kathy great pictures!

Just some options.

d

or the Oasis 10-9-10!!!!

Or the Jewel 1/30/09.....or Oasis 1/9/10 and 1/16/10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 6:47 pm

It is so fun to see who you all are... It will take me a long time of "lurking" to get to know you folks. Knowing one of you might be on EVERY CRUISE there is going (what a list you have!) perhaps we will run into at least one of you. I'll keep lurking if you don't mind. hide
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 8:31 pm

Feel free to lurk.......we have several lurkers....

My goal is to be on that list a whole lot more!!!!

Jean.........Bon Voyage yet one more time!!! Have a great cruise.

Patti......hope u had a good time in Cali and have fun on the R

to the rest of ya....dead tired and ready for some wine...I'm pouring AGAIN!!!!
Anyone?????

jul Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 8:35 pm

Why don't you lurk on over to our chat tonight...8pm eastern and talk to me about what you know Celebrity Solstice Valentines/Presidents day 2010....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next