Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christmas on EOS

Go down 
+75
cruiseforme
TwitchOR
jillybabes
cruisenfever
bjjost
Single Dad
Westchester Cruiser
Leanna N
Katherine O
misseddie
Charlie Tuna
Cruising Rays
Kenny's CoWorker
Hopeful Henry
Down The Shore Guy
skyking
NDJollyMon
Lisa D
flowers
Pet Vet Assistant
Lilly
Joe A
Nancy R
lishka
Cruise Karma
Yellow Labs Rule
NYC Cruiser
atbcat
Loyal Caribbean
J Kelly
Kim T
Krazy 4 Kruises
Miriam R
D D'Angelo
Colorado Gal
Gerri
Qbert
First Timer
SundayInThePark
Kenny
GaryD
Cruiser Brooke
Ascot Scott
I Cruise Do You Cruise
Archie
Just Me
The Really Odd Couple
Former Cruise Critic
BB
Diamond Dave
Mary B
OU812
Murray S
Sweet Home Chicago
Cold Weather Cruiser
Dr Demento
Tommy Bahamas
diaz loves 2 cruise
Andrew
NYC Teacher
Long Island Mom
Brian of Boston
Big Red Robyn
Da Bronx Bombers Fan
ShoeBeeDoBeDo
Dr Donna
Admin
Ajani
AlwaysReadyToCruise
Boca Brats
Cruising Guy
Leisure Suit Larry
Not A Pain In The Aft
Giovani
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
79 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
atbcat
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
atbcat

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Christmas on EOS - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 4:31 pm

Hi Robyn,

My girls will be 8 and 5 at the time of sailing. Looks like you have a little girl too, so they can all hang out! :-)

- Marilyn
Back to top Go down
http://www.allthebestcruisesandtours.com
Big Red Robyn
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Big Red Robyn

Number of posts : 408
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 4:42 pm

Hi Michele and Marilyn,

My girls will be 10 and 12 at the time of sailing. So glad to have other Moms with kids in the same basic age range going along Very Happy

Looks like this is going to fun, fun, fun cruise!

Robyn
Back to top Go down
atbcat
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
atbcat

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 4:43 pm

Yep. I agree. :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.allthebestcruisesandtours.com

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 5:03 pm

Marilyn, so glad to see we didn't scare you away affraid yet lol!
Back to top Go down
Ajani
Charter Member
Charter Member
Ajani

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 6:07 pm

crusinmama06 wrote:
Awww I am feeling the love already!

And Ron...

Christmas on EOS - Page 13 ShutupHL

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Michele, nice to put a face with the email - did you get everything accomplished with Facebook and MySpace? And, if I can be of help, I will be home next week and off for a few weeks following. Hoping I can join you guys for this sailing!
Back to top Go down
http://rcclprojectgenesis.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 7:25 pm

Marilyn and Robyn - my girls will be 10 and 6 on this sailing (they are 4 and 8 now). Seems so far away. Talking about my "babies" being 10 and 6. Shocked

Ajani - yep I think we have FB and MS figured out. Thanks!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ajani
Charter Member
Charter Member
Ajani

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 7:46 pm

Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
http://rcclprojectgenesis.blogspot.com/
Kim T
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Kim T

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 8:31 pm

Wow, you guys have been talking up a storm. I had 10 pages to read! lol!
Robyn, I'm impressed that you got your kids school schedule already. I've been crying and whining and my kid's school won't give it up yet for 2010. Even so, we're still going to book, I figure our kids are still in the grades and if they have to miss a day or two they won't be missing anything at all - you know how elementary school is before they holidays. They aren't going to be learning anything.

Guessing this is going to be a sizable group when all it is said and done!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 9:45 pm

Anyone going to have any older kids on the ship? My girls will be 18 and 21 at the sailing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 9:55 pm

Kim, I don't have a school schedule yet either. I know a few days out of school won't make or break them. We are allowed 7 days for a "Family Vacation"
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 10:13 pm

Oh no! Ron had kids! What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 11:21 am

NDJollyMon wrote:

No, more like the kids had Ron. Laughing

The girls are gorgeous and they look like their mama!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 11:25 am

Hi everyone...looks like I will be joining you. Luckily I won 2 cabins...so the kids come along. My kids will be 17, 15, 5, and 3 at the time we sail. I have never being to NYC before. I hope my kids school schedule gives them enough time off. Will be hard with a senior and a sophmore to miss much school. I am so excited...still cant believe it. I havent read all 21 pages yet....but correct me if I'm wrong...the older boys want to know...it's a southern carribean itinerary and we wont know the ship unitl aprill 09?

Penny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 11:25 am

NDJollyMon wrote:

relax, they are only mine through love not blood. Though the youngest does burp, pass gas, and is kinda furry like me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 11:34 am

mnmomof4 wrote:
Hi everyone...looks like I will be joining you. Luckily I won 2 cabins...so the kids come along. My kids will be 17, 15, 5, and 3 at the time we sail. I have never being to NYC before. I hope my kids school schedule gives them enough time off. Will be hard with a senior and a sophmore to miss much school. I am so excited...still cant believe it. I havent read all 21 pages yet....but correct me if I'm wrong...the older boys want to know...it's a southern carribean itinerary and we wont know the ship unitl aprill 09?

Penny

We are assuming it is Southern Carib. Let's hope it doesn't change to a Canadian cruise or something. Laughing But EOS is Southern Carib for 2008 and 2009...so just keep your fingers crossed for 2010.

Yes, the initerary will be released in April.

Welcome to you and the kids! Generally the kids may miss a day or two of school before the sailing and a day after. I'll have my kids on ships for the next 2 Christmas sailings and that's what they will be missing. About 3 school days total.

That's awesome that it will be your first time in NYC. Christmas is a great time to be there. A little busy...lol...but beautiful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 11:41 am

Thanks for the info Michele. We are only allowed to miss 5 classes per term or we dont get the credit. If you miss 7 during the school year...you get a truance referal to the county attorney. We might not be flying in too early before the cruise. They still havent released the 2009-10 school scedule....might take us a while to get the 2010-11 schedule. This is a little overwhelming to me right now. You are all picking out dinner already.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 12:13 pm

5 classes or 5 days?

Yes, I know it's overwhelming. I felt that way when I won the Cunard cruise. So much to take in all at once.

I looked at it this way...I prepared for a fight with the school because how many other kids in the school district would be going to a real volcano over Christmas or treking through the jungle to see a waterfall? On the Southern Carib itinerary, there are so many natural wonders that the average person will never see in a lifetime...our kids are lucky enough to see it now. Wink

Christmas is on a Saturday in 2010. Let's say they miss school on 12/20, 21 and 22? Usually the kids are out by the 23rd right (we hope Laughing ). Then the cruise is over and returning to port by Sunday 1/2. The kids can be back in school on time by the next morning, Monday the 1/3.

So 3 days missed - total? The school can fight me for those 3 days. Jedi
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 12:23 pm

Penny...I'm so glad you won! Congrats!

Your kids will learn more on those cruise days than they will in a month of school! Nothing like lifetime experience as a teacher! File a waiver, get a letter from the mayor...the governor...whoever you need on your side! YOU'RE GOING CRUISING!!!!

The beauty of winning this cruise...you don't really need to plan a thing. It's all being done for you...and there's plenty of time to prepare and research. By the time you get onboard...you will know many good friends you can rely on and meet up with from Cruise Freeks!
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
Charter Member
Charter Member
Cruise Virgin Vinnie

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 12:40 pm

Welcome winners!! HappyHappyJoyJoy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 12:41 pm

FANTASTIC pictures............that should help get people to sign up quicker! Nice shots of Rockafeller Center's Ice Rink. HolidayTree
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 12:50 pm

Thinking about joining us Lucky?
Back to top Go down
Da Bronx Bombers Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Da Bronx Bombers Fan

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 1:02 pm

Welcome Welcome Winners! Us locals will be happy to answer all your NYC questions!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 2:09 pm

Michele, they can only miss 5 days...so I should be ok with school. This year we have off from friday the 19...hoping they will continue 2 weeks off at xmas. My kids are use to traveling a lot...but we had to cut back in middle school and high school. My 13 year old was on the computer before school trying to figure out where we are going and stuff. He was the one before our carnival cruise in oct.....would quiz me every morning on the deck plans. He will have everthing memorized before we leave...he is so excited. We have never cruise RCCL, only disney, carnival, and princess next month

Thanks Pete...we are all looking forward to it. We will have lots ot time to plan our excursions..which will be a problem with the varied ages of the kids....teenagers and 3 and 5 year olds.

I still cant believe I won...I really never win anything Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 2:40 pm

Well you won this time Very Happy And, this is going to be a GREAT cruise - something wonderful is taking place during this sailing but, I'm sworn to secrecy for now.

So where is everyone? Ron? Pete? Michele? Tina? Am I the only one goofing off today?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 2:49 pm

Nick,

When can you reveal what you are sworn to secrecy about? I love surprises. Are you bringing family members? If so what are there ages? Wondering if there will be teens to hang out with my boys
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christmas on EOS
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next