Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Genesis pre-planning

Go down 
+3
Former Cruise Critic
Green Irish Eyes
Tommy Bahamas
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Genesis pre-planning Empty
PostSubject: Genesis pre-planning   Genesis pre-planning Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 7:48 pm

While I was in Ft Lauderdale last week for the cruise3sixty convention, I had a chance to talk to a couple of the sales managers for area hotels. They are all eager to work with pre-cruise groups, but of course we cannot set up anything without dates from RCCL. Cool Each hotel has a limit as to how many rooms can be set aside for groups, so depending on our group size and the hotel limitations we may have to use more than one hotel.

I also spoke with a local bus company (that can provide transportation to group events). At the very least I'm thinking they will be the way to go for transportation to the cruise terminal the morning of the cruise ... otherwise we'll overwhelm the hotels (the ones that offer shuttles that is) or go nuts trying to arrange for a multitude of taxi cabs.

I also spoke with someone at the Seminole Hard Rock which works with groups of 25 or larger ... they'll provide free transportation to their property and give everyone a gaming voucher, in return you need to spend about 4 hours on property (of course they hope you are spending that time gambling). Laughing

As for finding out anything about the cruise itself ... noting, nada, zip ... maybe late May or early June they'll start releasing tidbits of information ... they won't even commit at this point to whether or not group space will be available (although it's been available on previous inaugural cruises, they are qualifying themselves by saying "Genesis is different...." "Genesis is unique....")
Back to top Go down
Tommy Bahamas
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2007-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Genesis pre-planning   Genesis pre-planning Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 11:31 am

We're all patiently waiting!! Thanks for the great report!!
Back to top Go down
Green Irish Eyes
Charter Member
Charter Member
Green Irish Eyes

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Genesis pre-planning   Genesis pre-planning Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 1:30 pm

Thanks for the update!
Back to top Go down
Former Cruise Critic
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Former Cruise Critic

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Genesis pre-planning   Genesis pre-planning Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 4:04 pm

Did anyone ever follow up with pre-cruise activities like that ferry boat and dinner idea? Any other suggestion for the night before boarding?
Back to top Go down
Kevin T
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Kevin T

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Genesis pre-planning   Genesis pre-planning Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 4:37 pm

Former Cruise Critic wrote:
Did anyone ever follow up with pre-cruise activities like that ferry boat and dinner idea? Any other suggestion for the night before boarding?

That paddle boat seemed to have very mixed reviews and I think the idea kind of fizzled out. It was good in theory! If anyone plans on arriving TWO days in advance, I'd like to suggest a day trip to the Miami Zoo or maybe one of the those swamp boat tours. Any other suggestions?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Genesis pre-planning   Genesis pre-planning Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 4:57 pm

Karl,

Without specific dates it's difficult to do much follow up - the various vendors cannot really commit to availability or pricing until we can tell them exact dates for when we want to do anything.
Back to top Go down
Anna Banana
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Anna Banana

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Genesis pre-planning   Genesis pre-planning Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 4:14 pm

Are the hotels bracing for spectators along with those of us who will actually be sailing?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Genesis pre-planning   Genesis pre-planning Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 4:57 pm

Anna,

I'm not sure if the hotels have yet realized exactly how HUGE this is going to be. Wink
Back to top Go down
ShoeBeeDoBeDo
Charter Member
Charter Member
ShoeBeeDoBeDo

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Genesis pre-planning   Genesis pre-planning Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 4:34 pm

Are you still accepting pre-booking reservations for Genesis?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Genesis pre-planning   Genesis pre-planning Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 6:43 pm

Yes, we are still accepting the prebooking reservations....
Back to top Go down
Leisure Suit Larry
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Leisure Suit Larry

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Genesis pre-planning   Genesis pre-planning Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 4:39 pm

I'd like to suggest doing something at Las Olas Riverfront... There are restaurants, movies and a few shops.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genesis pre-planning   Genesis pre-planning Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Genesis pre-planning
Page 1 of 1