Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fuel Surcharge Refund

Go down 
+2
JJ2sail
NYC PD
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Fuel Surcharge Refund Empty
PostSubject: Fuel Surcharge Refund   Fuel Surcharge Refund Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 10:36 am

It looks like RCI is refunding the fuel surcharge:

http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1117173&highlight=

I should recieve a $70 OBC on my next cruise and $15 from my Majesty cruise on Feb 1. Unfortunately it looks like another nightmare for travel agents to me.
Back to top Go down
NYC PD
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
NYC PD

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Surcharge Refund   Fuel Surcharge Refund Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 12:30 pm

Thanks for sharing that information! Very interesting!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kingofqueens71

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Surcharge Refund   Fuel Surcharge Refund Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 12:49 pm

Barb,

We just roll with the punches Wink
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Surcharge Refund   Fuel Surcharge Refund Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 1:15 pm

Great news! Thanks for the info!
Back to top Go down
txwildflower2002
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
txwildflower2002

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Surcharge Refund   Fuel Surcharge Refund Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 3:55 pm

I have a cruise booked on the serenade in Dec and they haven't credited to my account. I guess it will be an OBC.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Surcharge Refund   Fuel Surcharge Refund Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 6:20 pm

txwildflower2002 wrote:
I have a cruise booked on the serenade in Dec and they haven't credited to my account. I guess it will be an OBC.

No, they should just deduct it off the price of your final payment........you should be able to tell under MY CRUISES on www.rccl.com

Did you book directly or thru a TA? I have a couple of fall cruises and the new totals reflect the surcharge being removed..
Back to top Go down
txwildflower2002
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
txwildflower2002

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Surcharge Refund   Fuel Surcharge Refund Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 8:23 pm

Online TA. I have only paid the deposit though. Maybe it will be deducted before final payment (hope so!). I can't seem to add my cruises to the Rccl website. I email C & A and they just emailed how to do it online.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Surcharge Refund   Fuel Surcharge Refund Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 8:35 pm

Then I'm sure the surcharge has been taken off.................email your TA and ask....always help to get something in writing...
Back to top Go down
luv2cruz
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Surcharge Refund   Fuel Surcharge Refund Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 12:54 pm

txwildflower2002 wrote:
I have a cruise booked on the serenade in Dec
and they haven't credited to my account. I guess it will be an
OBC.

It is an onboard credit. We are sailing Brilliance this weekend and just checked on-brd credits.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Surcharge Refund   Fuel Surcharge Refund Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 2:06 pm

If you have not hit final payment date, your balance will be adjusted before final payment. But it needs to be manually adjusted, which might explain why it isn't appearing yet.

If you are after final payment, then it will appear as an OBC onboard the ship.
Back to top Go down
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
Charter Member
Charter Member
Cruise Virgin Vinnie

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Surcharge Refund   Fuel Surcharge Refund Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 2:47 pm

Is the fuel surcharge now included in all bookings?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Surcharge Refund   Fuel Surcharge Refund Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 3:18 pm

It's included in all bookings made after the surcharge was implemented last Fall.
Back to top Go down
thecoop

thecoop

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Surcharge Refund   Fuel Surcharge Refund Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 3:49 pm

I am so glad we booked on September, now we get some money back for a change. I see that all classes are filled except for inside rooms for the cruise we are taking in September from Baltimore. Our room price has gone up 249 each since we booked it, so it never hurts to book early. Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Surcharge Refund   Fuel Surcharge Refund Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 4:39 pm

it definitely is good to book early - and in the unusual circumstance where prices drop later, often you can get your fare adjusted (it ultimately depends on the cruise line).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Surcharge Refund   Fuel Surcharge Refund Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fuel Surcharge Refund
Page 1 of 1