Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RCL suspends fuel supplement

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

RCL suspends fuel supplement Empty
PostSubject: RCL suspends fuel supplement   RCL suspends fuel supplement Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 7:24 pm

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentPage.do?pagename=fuel_supplement

Quote :
-- Guests with existing bookings for sailings that depart on or after January 1, 2009, and who are now paid in full, will have the supplement automatically refunded to them in the form of an onboard credit during their sailing.
-- Guests with existing bookings for sailings that depart on or after January 1, 2009, and who are not yet paid in full, will have the supplement automatically removed from their outstanding balance.

Susan, so does this mean the fuel surcharge comes off our bookings on Oasis? Sounds like it, Yippee.

PS I did read they can re-add the fuel if oil goes back over $65 a barrell, they covered themselves much more so than Carnival did when they suspended the fuel surcharge. Oh well, it sounds good, but it may not mean much. On the other hand after a bunch of time goes by with some not having the fuel and some having it, RCL might not be so quick to re-add it to already booked cruises after the last time?

Last edited by flowers on Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
RCCL Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
RCCL Fan

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: RCL suspends fuel supplement   RCL suspends fuel supplement Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 7:32 pm

That would be great!
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: RCL suspends fuel supplement   RCL suspends fuel supplement Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 10:30 pm

Fuel...I thought that Oasis was nuclear! Doesn't it have it's own zip code???
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: RCL suspends fuel supplement   RCL suspends fuel supplement Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 12:16 am

OK now I am confused (doesn't take much Laughing )

I thought I had to wait till 12/18 to get my fuel surcharges for my 2/09 cruise sent to OBC. I guess that's not the case now?

And I just checked my Oasis ressies. The fuel charge is still there. Question
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RCL suspends fuel supplement   RCL suspends fuel supplement Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 12:22 am

Nevermind. Embarassed

It would help if I read the entire press release. So it looks like after THIS Monday, they will be taking the fuel surcharges off of our Oasis reservations. Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RCL suspends fuel supplement   RCL suspends fuel supplement Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 12:34 am

yes Monday they'll start removing the fuel supplements, but don't expect it to be instantly done. I'm guessing they'll start with January ressies and work their way through 2009. It'll be removed before final payment though. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RCL suspends fuel supplement   RCL suspends fuel supplement Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 4:30 pm

Ivanova wrote:
yes Monday they'll start removing the fuel supplements, but don't expect it to be instantly done. I'm guessing they'll start with January ressies and work their way through 2009. It'll be removed before final payment though. Wink

Ya know, it would be nice if RCL allowed us to book excursions or "special additions" without paying in advanced for them all. I would like to get the cabin decorated for my daughter's bday. It would be nice to use the OBC for it. Or book an extra shore excursion and use the OBC, but that's not possible right. Question

I have to put it all on credit card before we go. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RCL suspends fuel supplement   RCL suspends fuel supplement Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RCL suspends fuel supplement
Page 1 of 1