Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant?

Go down 
+5
MadHattener
Eddie's Wife
JeanMarie
AmbianceTraveler
Down The Shore Guy
9 posters

4th of July Cruises - Select A Restaurant
American - The Water Club
4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant? Vote_lcap2%4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant? Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
American - Bryant Park Grill
4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant? Vote_lcap23%4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant? Vote_rcap
 23% [ 10 ]
Asian - Shun Lee West
4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant? Vote_lcap5%4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant? Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Italian - Il Mulino
4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant? Vote_lcap12%4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant? Vote_rcap
 12% [ 5 ]
Italian - Umberto's
4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant? Vote_lcap0%4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Turkish - Dervish
4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant? Vote_lcap16%4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant? Vote_rcap
 16% [ 7 ]
Steakhouse - Bobby Van's Steakhouse
4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant? Vote_lcap30%4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant? Vote_rcap
 30% [ 13 ]
Seafood - City Lobster & Crab Company
4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant? Vote_lcap0%4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Russian - Firebird
4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant? Vote_lcap5%4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant? Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Other
4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant? Vote_lcap7%4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant? Vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 43

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Down The Shore Guy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Down The Shore Guy

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-08-12

4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant? Empty
PostSubject: 4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant?   4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 5:48 pm

Time to start thinking about where we'd like to eat! Select the restaurant of your choice or select Other and give us your suggestion!
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant?   4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 6:46 pm

I'm voting for turkish because I love trying new foods and that would be new!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant?   4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 3:24 pm

Ok, I'm game - I'll vote Dervish (the Turkish restaurant) as well
Back to top Go down
JeanMarie
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
JeanMarie

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant?   4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 6:28 pm

Wow now this is tough, we LOVE Italian but, always like to try new things. I selected Il Mulino but we'd probably be very willing to try the Turkish restaurant.
Back to top Go down
Eddie's Wife
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Eddie's Wife

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant?   4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 11:46 am

Would anyone like to try The View? The food is good but, it's the unique feature of being New York's only revolving restaurant.

(Don't get worried when the link takes you into the Marriott hotel, it's located within the hotel. Menus are located on the lower right hand corner in a box - in pdf form.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant?   4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 4:32 pm

Giving this a ThreadBump
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant?   4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 3:09 pm

Is all of the above an option?!? Seriously they are all excellent choices, any of them would be fine with me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant?   4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:06 am

Giving this a bump since it's fallen to the bottom of the page.  This way anyone who is new can see the choices.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant?   4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:09 am

Thanks Nick! Don't know how I missed this post!! Any of the restaurants are fine with me. Kind of leaning towards Dervish though, Turkish sounds good at the moment!!
Back to top Go down
MadHattener
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
MadHattener

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant?   4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:53 am

I just want to point out that Dervish would probably be the most affordable and it's very close to Broadway.
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant?   4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 3:29 pm

Just a note that a few of the restaurants are very close in vote so if you haven't voted yet please do!
Back to top Go down
Lab Lover
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Lab Lover

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant?   4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 6:13 pm

This is a tough choice!! Any of them would be great. Normally, I'd vote for one of the Italian restaurants BUT since we're aiming for a show afterwards, I'll vote for Bobby Van's... Can't go wrong with a steakhouse, there is usually something for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Murray S
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Murray S

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2007-09-20

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant?   4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 2:05 pm

I would agree with the Steakhouse logic, not everyone might be willing to try Turkish or other ethnic foods, even though, I personally enjoy them... I think we'll have more success if we go more mainstream.
Back to top Go down
Dee
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Dee

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-12-20

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant?   4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 9:57 am

Looks like a real horse race for restaurant selection for the 4th!!
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant?   4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 5:35 pm

Gosh, I would have liked to see at least a 10 point difference to make the final call but for now I guess it's going to be Bobby Van's!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant?   4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 6:49 pm

I'm assuming we'll be having dinner at the Bobby Van's on W. 50th... Here's the link for anyone who wants to see pricing and the menu:

http://bobbyvans.com/rest_experience.php?r=5
Back to top Go down
Josh
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Josh

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant?   4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 4:22 pm

I'm just coming over to say hi, I'm Josh and my wife is Pia, we'll be joining you for the 4th of July sailing. You seem like a fun bunch! Bobby Van's is GREAT choice! Excellent steaks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant?   4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 4:26 pm

Welcome Hi Josh, welcome! Always glad to have more people joining us. And yes Bobby Van's does have great steaks plus it puts us in the heart of the theater district, I think it was a GREAT choice too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant?   4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4th of July Cruisers - Which Restaurant?
Page 1 of 1