Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christmas 2009 Hotel, How many rooms?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Christmas 2009 Hotel, How many rooms? Empty
PostSubject: Christmas 2009 Hotel, How many rooms?   Christmas 2009 Hotel, How many rooms? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 6:29 pm

I am currently in talks with the Library Hotel and they do accept groups however, they limit their size to 15-20 rooms. I need to know if it will be necessary to either split the group or if the Library will fit everyone.

So if you are planning on using the group hotel for your pre-cruise stay please post how many rooms you will need and for how many nights.

I realize that as the group grows this may change. The Library does have equally unique sister properties with similar amenities that could be used as "over flow" if needed. I just think that these hotels include so much more amenity wise compared to typical hotels in the area. Their sister property, Hotel Casablanca, is close by and convienent to Radio City and I think would make a good choice for a secondary property. http://www.casablancahotel.com/

Thanks everyone!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009 Hotel, How many rooms?   Christmas 2009 Hotel, How many rooms? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 6:39 pm

I'll just add something as a local - if you're looking for the more "touristy" stuff such as visiting Times Square, going to Toys R Us, the Virgin Megastore, etc then the Casablanca would be a great choice. If you're looking for a more "local" or quiet New York City experience, then select The Library, either way, you can't go wrong both are great boutique hotels!
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009 Hotel, How many rooms?   Christmas 2009 Hotel, How many rooms? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 12:55 pm

As always Marina, your local knowledge and tips are greatly appreciated!
For us, it would be a good idea to keep the girls far away from the Toys R Us!!
Back to top Go down
Andy The Sailor Man
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Andy The Sailor Man

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009 Hotel, How many rooms?   Christmas 2009 Hotel, How many rooms? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 9:09 pm

Nina, for us, it would be two rooms - one for myself and my wife and one for our "kids" (who will be 21 and 22).
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009 Hotel, How many rooms?   Christmas 2009 Hotel, How many rooms? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 4:29 pm

Andy, are your "kids" boys or girls? It sounds like we will have quite the little sub group of 20-25 year-olds. Czech Mate has 2 girls and my sister will be there. It might be fun for them to plan their own little event during all of this. Who else is bringing "kids" in this age range?
Back to top Go down
JeanMarie
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
JeanMarie

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009 Hotel, How many rooms?   Christmas 2009 Hotel, How many rooms? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 4:35 pm

Nina, we will need just one room and prefer The Library but, we'll take Casablanca should there be an overflow, we're easy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Down The Shore Guy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Down The Shore Guy

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009 Hotel, How many rooms?   Christmas 2009 Hotel, How many rooms? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 4:43 pm

Nina, even though we're local, we'll probably take advantage of one night in the city with you. We live a good 1.5 hour drive away and, given winter weather, I'd rather be in Manhattan and just need to get to Brooklyn rather than trying to get up from the NJ shore - besides, we want to be part of the Radio City and Dinner fun so overnight just makes more sense. And, we'll take either hotel too.
Back to top Go down
Ian
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Ian

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009 Hotel, How many rooms?   Christmas 2009 Hotel, How many rooms? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 3:18 pm

Two rooms for me, one single occupancy and the other double. We'll take either hotel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009 Hotel, How many rooms?   Christmas 2009 Hotel, How many rooms? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 2:03 pm

My first choice would be The Library but, I'll take either. Two rooms. One double occupancy and one single occupancy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009 Hotel, How many rooms?   Christmas 2009 Hotel, How many rooms? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christmas 2009 Hotel, How many rooms?
Page 1 of 1