Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

October Cruise Night?

Go down 
+3
luvcruising
Ajani
Ronnie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ronnie
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Ronnie

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-09-24

October Cruise Night? Empty
PostSubject: October Cruise Night?   October Cruise Night? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 10:52 am

I only have 5 cruises under my belt, all with Royal Caribbean. Can one of you explain what October Cruise Night is and if any of you are running specials is it a specific night or is the entire month? Any information you can provide about this would be helpful to those of us who don't have a clue what it's all about...

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Ajani
Charter Member
Charter Member
Ajani

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: October Cruise Night?   October Cruise Night? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 11:28 am

Actually I'll blog about it - if any of you or all of you would like some free PR.

Just let me know

1. When it takes place
  2. How it works
  3. Why it's a good time to book
  4. Any incentives for booking
  5. Any information you might think people may need to know
Back to top Go down
http://rcclprojectgenesis.blogspot.com/
luvcruising
Carnival Host
Carnival Host
luvcruising

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-08-16

PostSubject: Re: October Cruise Night?   October Cruise Night? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 2:31 pm

Party World's Largest Cruise Night!!

Cruise Lines Industry Association (CLIA)

CLIA’s third annual World’s Largest Cruise Night (WLCN), the largest one-day travel agency initiative of its kind is, being held on Wednesday, October 17, 2007. This year, CLIA has also announced the introduction of a new feature, “Virtual” World’s Largest Cruise Night, to allow agents to reach even more potential cruise guests. WLCN serves as the centerpiece for CLIA’s National Cruise Vacation Month, which each year focuses consumer attention on the pleasures of cruising every October.

Here's a link to my Virtual Cruise Night page:

http://wlcn.cruising.org/luvcruising

WooHoo
Back to top Go down
http://www.luvcruising.com
luvcruising
Carnival Host
Carnival Host
luvcruising

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-08-16

PostSubject: Re: October Cruise Night?   October Cruise Night? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 2:35 pm

[size=18]I forgot to say that there are Cruise Night Specials, as well as Cruise Month Specials. October 17 is the official night to have your Cruise "Night" or Party!

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.luvcruising.com
Lady Jane
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: October Cruise Night?   October Cruise Night? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 11:23 am

Does anyone know if Cunard is offering any specials for Cruise Night?
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: October Cruise Night?   October Cruise Night? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 10:59 pm

Lady Jane wrote:
Does anyone know if Cunard is offering any specials for Cruise Night?

Cunard does have specials for Cruise night but it may vary by agency. Common offer is upto $300 OBC per cabin* & 50% reduced deposit on any new sailing booked. These are combinable with group amenities and past passenger discounts. It will be a great time to book!

*$100 OBC Inside/Oceanview
$200 OBC Balcony
$300 OBC Grills
For sailings 9 nights or longer on QM2 or QV
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com

PostSubject: Re: October Cruise Night?   October Cruise Night? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 11:57 am

Ronnie - in a nutshell an agency can have a cruise night any time during the year, but CLIA sponsors the World's Largest Cruise Night on Oct 17th (this is the 3rd year). This is the first year they are offering the virtual cruise night. Our virtual cruise night website is http://wlcn.cruising.org/shipsntrips We'll probably be offering a physical location cruise night as well.

In conjunction with WLCN the various member cruise lines offer specials, which can incude upgrades, OBC, discounts, in room coupon books.

Ajani wrote:
Actually I'll blog about it - if any of you or all of you would like some free PR.

Just let me know

1. When it takes place
  2. How it works
  3. Why it's a good time to book
  4. Any incentives for booking
  5. Any information you might think people may need to know

Ajani,

WLCN is Oct 17th, both "in person" and virtually (although the virtual sites will be up Oct 15th-31st).

It's a good time to book because there are a lot of offers/specials not normally available, such as discounts, OBC, reduced deposits, etc (this doubles as the answer for #4 too).
Back to top Go down
Joon
Joon

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-09-22

PostSubject: Re: October Cruise Night?   October Cruise Night? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 1:57 pm

Now are the reduced deposits only on the 17th? I'm specifically looking at the July 2 2008 sailing on QM2 that everyone has been discussing on here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/joonjulyandaugust
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: October Cruise Night?   October Cruise Night? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 4:16 pm

Joon,
Most agencys will offer the specials the whole week of Oct. 17th but you will want to call or email ahead to find out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: October Cruise Night?   October Cruise Night? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 4:36 pm

The Princess and Cunard cruise sales are typically a week long ... we've got two in October (one is specific to Europe sailings I believe) ... the exact dates may vary from agency to agency.
Back to top Go down
NOB
Resident Expert - Fashions
Resident Expert - Fashions
NOB

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-08-17

PostSubject: Re: October Cruise Night?   October Cruise Night? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 11:12 pm

I don't know if any of the TAs have talked to the ADMIN but would it be possible to have a live Cruise Night here? Just a thought, I'm not sure what's really invovled but, it might be a good way to have a live chat session, and, take booking requests.

What do you TAs think?

Neil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: October Cruise Night?   October Cruise Night? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 12:32 am

Neil,

We could do a live chat ... but I'd suggest a different night that week, even the night before Oct 16th since a lot of TAs might have events they need to be at physically on Oct 17th.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: October Cruise Night?   October Cruise Night? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 1:43 pm

I think it's a good idea Neil but as Host Susan said having it another night other than October 17th would be the better way. I'll shoot an email over to Tina with the suggestion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: October Cruise Night?   October Cruise Night? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 4:33 pm

I'd recommend holding it before Oct 17th - so if anyone decides to book, they can take full advantage of specials being offered on Oct 17th - holding the CF online Cruise Night after Oct 17th could mean missing some of the specials.
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: October Cruise Night?   October Cruise Night? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 4:38 pm

Enabling "pre-booking" for CF members prior to the 17th is a great idea Susan. I know I will be very busy the 17th in the evening as people are getting online but would be able to process bookings during the day. Especially, if all the information is already had. We are having our local travel trade show this Thursday so I am looking forward to getting all the latest promotions direct from the reps. Going to be a fun night!

The cruise quote function would be one of the best ways for people to gather their cruise information but then we could have the open chat here for answering questions and finding out what new roll calls are needed! (May each agent should list what cruise lines they are having specials for?)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: October Cruise Night?   October Cruise Night? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

October Cruise Night?
Page 1 of 1