Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Feelings about Queen Victoria

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Feelings about Queen Victoria Empty
PostSubject: Feelings about Queen Victoria   Feelings about Queen Victoria Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 1:27 pm

With QE2 leaving the fleet and the QV slanted to make up for her (notice I did not say take her place as that would be impossible) loss of itinerary and berths what are your feelings/opinions of the new Queen? Are you excited to sail on her or will you be avoiding her until she has a character of her own formed? Now that her sea trials are complete and we have had a better look at her what is your opinion of her design? Is there a lounge or other feature you are looking forward to experiencing? Please share!

As for me, I am excited to sail on her and although I think they could have done a bit more to distinguish her from the other Vista class ships, over all I think she looks quite nice. I am most looking forward to her library with that grand sprial staircase and cosy woods. What a great place that will be to escape with a book! I am also looking forward to spending time in the winter garden with a nice cup of tea. (Or a strong rum & coke depending on how well the girls have been behaving!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com
Cruiser Brooke
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Cruiser Brooke

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Feelings about Queen Victoria   Feelings about Queen Victoria Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 3:44 pm

Speaking for myself, I'm probably going to against popular opinion and tell you that I'm excited about QV!! While it is going to be a sad day when QE2 leaves the fleet to become a floating hotel (gag, all I can think about is the Queen Mary in Long Beach, CA), I am thrilled Cunard will have the chance to show off the oldest, the biggest and the newest in their small fleet in January.

I'm very curious to the design of QV and how everyone will react to it once on board. I'm very much looking forward to her and I think she will become a much loved ship in the fleet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feelings about Queen Victoria   Feelings about Queen Victoria Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 12:27 pm

I'm home with a :cold: it's that time of year, they're going around big time, well at least here in NYC. So it's a great chance for me to catch up on the boards. I'm also looking forward to QV and I'll be sailing on her on July 18, 2008. I'll be sure to write a review on it!
Back to top Go down
Cruiser Brooke
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Cruiser Brooke

PostSubject: Re: Feelings about Queen Victoria   Feelings about Queen Victoria Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 12:30 pm

Marina I have that same :cold: , stinks doesn't it?
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Feelings about Queen Victoria   Feelings about Queen Victoria Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 12:31 pm

Here is a link to some pictures of the QV. This is a wonderful website with lots of information about Cunard. Enjoy!

http://www.beyondships.com/QV.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feelings about Queen Victoria   Feelings about Queen Victoria Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 12:32 pm

Hate them with a passion Brooke! Unfortunately, I'm highly susceptible. All I have to do is catch a :coldout: or be around someone :unwell: and within a few days I'm down with a :cold:
Back to top Go down
Cruiser Brooke
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Cruiser Brooke

PostSubject: Re: Feelings about Queen Victoria   Feelings about Queen Victoria Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 12:33 pm

Same here Marina, same here No
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Feelings about Queen Victoria   Feelings about Queen Victoria Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 12:35 pm

Lots of it going around here in MI too. Thankfully, no one in my family has gotten it yet. I have a 6 mo. old and colds and babies just never mix well!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feelings about Queen Victoria   Feelings about Queen Victoria Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 12:39 pm

AmbianceTraveler wrote:
Here is a link to some pictures of the QV. This is a wonderful website with lots of information about Cunard. Enjoy!

http://www.beyondships.com/QV.html

Oh wow! Great photos!! Now I'm really getting excited about my cruise on QV in July!! HappyHappyJoyJoy
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Feelings about Queen Victoria   Feelings about Queen Victoria Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 12:49 pm

I know! Did you notice the iron railings in the Grand Lobby? So reminicent of the victorian age! and the Queens room with the "viewing boxes" on the second level. I look forward to standing there for some great pictures of the grand balls!
Back to top Go down
I'm A Cruise Junkie
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
I'm A Cruise Junkie

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Feelings about Queen Victoria   Feelings about Queen Victoria Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 4:09 pm

Got room for another sickie? :cold: And, I'm mad, it's going to be a beautiful weekend out.

QV looks like it's going to be gorgeous!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feelings about Queen Victoria   Feelings about Queen Victoria Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Feelings about Queen Victoria
Page 1 of 1