Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!

Go down 
+12
Admin
NYC PD
Cruise Liner Fan
Leanna N
Andy The Sailor Man
Pam M
Down The Shore Guy
Giovani
NDJollyMon
flowers
VJMorrow
dream2cruise
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria! Empty
PostSubject: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 2:36 pm

Hello friends!!

This is going to be short and sweet, the connection is s-l-o-w. First the ship looks absolutely amazing! It's decked out in Holiday decor from bow to stern. We are at sea today and, I'm just enjoying some downtime, I plan to start taking photos so I can upload them when I get home for everyone to see. Tomorrow we stop in Ponta Delgada in the Azores then we're back at sea for several dates.

Ladies, just for you a breakdown of our formal night schedule - this should aid many of you planning for QM2 in December 2009

Dec
11 -elegant casual
12- Formal- Black and White Ball
13-formal-Masquerade Ball
14-elegant casual
15- formal
16-semi-formal
17-formal- victoriana Ball
18- semi-formal
19- semi-formal
20-elegant casual-Deck Party
21-semi -formal
22-elegant casual
23-semi-formal
24-formal- Buccaneer Ball
25-formal
26-semi -formal
27-semi-formal
28-Formal-Big Band Ball
29-semi-formal
30-Formal- Royal Ascot Ball
31-semi-formal

Jan
1- elegant casual

So friends I will check in again on Monday or tomorrow if I have time. I'll try to give more details at that time too but, I know the ladies are concerned about wardrobe so I wanted to get this posted first! Wish you were all here with me!

Patrick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 2:40 pm

9 formal nights??? EEEKKKK!!! Wink

Glad to hear from you Patrick, hope you have a FABULOUS time!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 2:49 pm

Oh geez, I better get my dress buying butt moving. Laughing

Ok, so what is the Bucaneer's ball? Is this like a Pirate Party for the elegant set? Laughing

Hey Patrick! We have another sailing for you! We'll talk when you get back. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dream2cruise
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
dream2cruise

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 2:53 pm

All those formal nights!!! that's my dream!!!! I love elegant affairs, especially when you have to wear gowns!!!. Anyone know a web site of gowns for "well endowed" ladies. I love elegance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 3:31 pm

asanchez1961 wrote:
All those formal nights!!! that's my dream!!!! I love elegant affairs, especially when you have to wear gowns!!!. Anyone know a web site of gowns for "well endowed" ladies. I love elegance.

Another CFer posted this link...
http://www.nexteve.com

I haven't used them yet but I am going to right after the holidays. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dream2cruise
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
dream2cruise

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 4:00 pm

Michele, thank you, thank you and muchas gracias!!!!. I think you and I will be good friends. This site is very interesting, I will certainly check it out. IF you find anything else,please let me know. thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 5:40 pm

Thanks for the breakdown on formal nights Patrick! Let me see if I can try to explain each ball. Keep in mind they do give out prizes for the best costumes at each of the themed ball however, it's NOT required. So, if you are inclined, go for it but change after dinner Wink

Black and White Ball - pretty self explanatory it's a formal evening of wearing black and white. And, no you don't have to wear black and white. You can wear all black or all white and many wear what they wish, however it will be stated Black and White Attire Requested.

Masquerade Ball - this one you simply wear a venetian mask and yes they do have them for purchase on-board or you can bring one from home. Costumes Optional.

Victoriana Ball - The idea is for people to dress in Victorian costume. Costumes Optional.

Buccaneer Ball - Arrr Ahoy mateys - time to break out your eye patches pirat and dress as a pirate - Costumes Optional. They'll offer limited selection of items like eye patches for sale on board. So if you plan on going all out, bring stuff from home.

Big Band Ball - Be ready to dance!

Royal Ascot Ball - Break out your biggest and best hats! They range from the very elegant that you might wear to dinner at Buckingham Palace to down right funny! It's a great way to show off your personality!

Does this help everyone a little bit?
Back to top Go down
VJMorrow
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
VJMorrow

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 5:53 pm

FormerlySanFranBayCruiser wrote:

Royal Ascot Ball - Break out your biggest and best hats! They range from the very elegant that you might wear to dinner at Buckingham Palace to down right funny! It's a great way to show off your personality!

Also, everyone who wears a hat gets a prize voucher, then they have awards for the most original and outrageous hats, usually about a half dozen people get chosen for that.... then they choose the best one out of those who gets a bottle of Pol Acker Drinks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 6:04 pm

I'm doomed......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 6:12 pm

Patrick - great hearing from you! How are the seas treating you? Can't wait to see photos of the ship!

Susan
- why are you doomed? You have a fashion expert right here in our threads Christina (FormerlySanFranBayCruiser) - our Saks Fifth Avenue girl Very Happy
If anyone can help you get ready for Cunard, it will be Christina! And, I'm sure Leanna, Tina, and Nina will also gladly lend a helping hand Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 7:15 pm

Shocked Ok I may be doomed too. I thought I was ok until I read about "Victorian Costumes" Shocked

Christina - where would one find a Victorian costume? And right after you explain THAT to me, tell me how I am going to pack them. Laughing

The hats sounds cool though.

Last edited by crusinmama06 on Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 7:20 pm

Nick, I was just imagining the COST of all those formals and costumes. Wink
Back to top Go down
dream2cruise
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
dream2cruise

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 8:24 pm

one idea. you can get the "after christmas" sales on evening gowns.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 8:49 pm

OR take advantage of the shopping trips in NYC that are being organized! Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 8:53 pm

crusinmama06 wrote:
Shocked Ok I may be doomed too. I thought I was ok until I read about "Victorian Costumes" Shocked

Christina - where would one find a Victorian costume? And right after you explain THAT to me, tell me how I am going to pack them. Laughing

The hats sounds cool though.

Michele most people usually just bring along Victorian accessories such as hair combs or jewelry: http://www.byrddesigns.com/
It would almost impossible to bring all the required clothes to properly dress for each ball.
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 8:59 pm

Ivanova wrote:
I'm doomed......

Me too. I am on a diet, so I dont even know what size to shop for yet. I will still be "on a diet" by July when I go on the ship, so I will have to buy some in between dresses. Im planning on eventually a size 8, but should be to a 10 or 12 by July only. Im afraid to start shopping yet for dresses.

It's really going to be a challenge. doomed!!!! lmao... me too scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 9:32 pm

FormerlySanFranBayCruiser wrote:
OR take advantage of the shopping trips in NYC that are being organized! Wink

I definitely plan to in May Wink
Back to top Go down
dream2cruise
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
dream2cruise

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 10:39 pm

Susan, I suggest you start comparing prices and dresses. NYC is great but when it comes to buying evening gowns it can get quite pricey. One thing my friend did for her cruise was she got a seamstress, I'm talking a good one and she got 3 gowns made for a reasonable price. Remember, you might need alterations. If you are 5' 9 inch and a size 2 trhough 7 you might find something off the rack. Normal people sizes are hard to find especially when you need it. Don't wait to get to NY, have some dresses already packed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 12:47 am

we've actually done well buying dresses in Charlotte, NC of all places Wink Might leave the NYC shopping for hubby's needs (tux, etc.). Laughing
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 1:46 am

Patrick...you really know how to fire up "the ladies". Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 7:30 am

NDJollyMon wrote:

He got my attention when the most casual night is "elegant casual" which I assume is still a dress?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 11:00 am

Oh great, thanks Patrick Rolling Eyes Another excuse for the girls to go shopping lol! Hope you're having a great time!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 11:01 am

flowers wrote:
NDJollyMon wrote:

He got my attention when the most casual night is "elegant casual" which I assume is still a dress?

Flowers I've seen many pant-suits on elegant casual evening in addition to dresses.
Back to top Go down
Giovani
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Giovani

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 11:34 am

Hope you're having a wonderful time Patrick!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 11:44 am

Enjoy yourself Patrick!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!   Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings LIVE from Queen Victoria!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next