Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Star Princess - Question about late August and weather

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tommy Bahamas
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2007-08-23

Star Princess - Question about late August and weather Empty
PostSubject: Star Princess - Question about late August and weather   Star Princess - Question about late August and weather Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 2:19 pm

Can someone tell me what the weather is like in Alaska in late August? I'm interested in the Alaska special here on the boards on Star Princess but, don't want to book it if it's going to be rain every day.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down

Star Princess - Question about late August and weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Princess - Question about late August and weather   Star Princess - Question about late August and weather Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 1:30 pm

Tommy,

I have friends that live in Alaska, and they always tell me to expect rain regardless of which summer month I go up there ... Southeast Alaska is in a rainforest (especially Ketchikan) and the locals measure their annual rainfall in feet instead of inches, or so they claim Wink ... so there's a possibility of rain even in August.

Here's a link to weather.com and the actual highs/lows and percipitation for last month in Juneau, Alaska: http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/monthly/USAK0116?month=-1

14 days had measurable percipitation from 0.02 to 0.67 inches.

Ketchikan http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/monthly/USAK0125?month=-1 had 17 days of measurable percipitation between 0.02 and 0.58 inches.
Back to top Go down

Star Princess - Question about late August and weather
Page 1 of 1