Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Holiday Sailings

Go down 
+2
Love2Hula
NYC Cruiser
6 posters
AuthorMessage
NYC Cruiser
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Holiday Sailings Empty
PostSubject: Holiday Sailings   Holiday Sailings Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 2:58 pm

I thought this might be a good one to get the ball rolling here. I've been on 10 holiday sailings and, from my personal experience from Carnival to Royal Caribbean to HAL everyone tends to dress up just a little more - which I personally love.

New Year's Eve always seems to be over the top and, I've seen beautiful to crazy New Year's Eve outfits...oh how I wish I photographed some of them now!

Has anyone else had the same experience on Holiday sailings and the way people tend to dress for the occassion?
Back to top Go down
Love2Hula
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Love2Hula

Number of posts : 86

Holiday Sailings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Sailings   Holiday Sailings Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 9:59 pm

We always tend to dress up for holiday sailings a bit more than others. I use the reasoning that I am getting a beautiful family photo. So at least one formal night is all out... and we enjoy that. This year we will be boarding with santa hats on for our embarkation photo. I took them two years ago, but forgot about them in the bag!
Back to top Go down
trixidixie
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 17

Holiday Sailings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Sailings   Holiday Sailings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 12:01 am

Hey,

What about the Halloween cruise from RCL Radiance. Some of us want to dress up as pirates. Others will be dressing up (like me) as fifty's style skirts....

Does anyone know if they do this over the top as well?

Thanks What a Face

pirat
Back to top Go down

Holiday Sailings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Sailings   Holiday Sailings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 4:02 am

trixidixie wrote:
Hey,

What about the Halloween cruise from RCL Radiance. Some of us want to dress up as pirates. Others will be dressing up (like me) as fifty's style skirts....

Thanks What a Face

pirat

Halloween cruises usually have their share of over the top costumes-- especially the 3/4 night cruises.. I'm sure you'll have plenty of photo ops!What a Face
Back to top Go down
cruizinmimi
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Holiday Sailings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Sailings   Holiday Sailings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 3:50 pm

Love2Hula wrote:
We always tend to dress up for holiday sailings a bit more than others. I use the reasoning that I am getting a beautiful family photo. So at least one formal night is all out... and we enjoy that. This year we will be boarding with santa hats on for our embarkation photo. I took them two years ago, but forgot about them in the bag!

I love the Santa hat idea. Thank you for that.

Linda
Back to top Go down
Love2Hula
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Love2Hula

Number of posts : 86

Holiday Sailings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Sailings   Holiday Sailings Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 2:32 am

cruizinmimi wrote:

I love the Santa hat idea. Thank you for that.

Linda

Sure think Linda! I was so bummed I forgot about them last time! santa
Back to top Go down
trixidixie
Charter Member
Charter Member

Holiday Sailings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Sailings   Holiday Sailings Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 9:02 am

RDeagazio wrote:
trixidixie wrote:
Hey,

Thanks What a Face

pirat

Halloween cruises usually have their share of over the top costumes-- especially the 3/4 night cruises.. I'm sure you'll have plenty of photo ops!What a Face

Thank you Bob, great to know that our cruise will be really wacky. so wacky in fact we have a theme already in place: the Poi Deploy Pirates. Capt'n Jackie "Sparrow" is our leader and right now she is our cruise director and seasoned officer on CC. bounce Can't wait until our cruise.

Thanks for info.

What a Face
Back to top Go down
KKathy
Charter Member
Charter Member

Holiday Sailings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Sailings   Holiday Sailings Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 1:02 pm

We've been on a couple of Christmas cruises and they do tend to be a bit dressier. Far fewer "dress code violators Twisted Evil " than on other cruises.

The nicest thing was, on our last Christmas cruise I took dressier clothes than I normally would. Happily, many women were dressed up every night of the week.

I'm not one to look down on anyone for the clothing they wear, that's pretty silly. But, I like to wear nice clothes to dinner on a cruise and I do appreciate other people looking good.
Back to top Go down
NOB
Resident Expert - Fashions
Resident Expert - Fashions
NOB

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-08-17

Holiday Sailings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Sailings   Holiday Sailings Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 11:19 pm

Holiday cruises are the perfect excuse to take things up a notch. On New Year's Eve don't be afraid to sparkle and add more than a bit of glitz!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Holiday Sailings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Sailings   Holiday Sailings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Holiday Sailings
Page 1 of 1