Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

To get you in the Holiday Spirit

Go down 
+14
Queen of the Seas
Former Cruise Critic
Boca Brats
Krazy 4 Kruises
Gerri
NDJollyMon
Kenny
Tommy Bahamas
HMS AnyShip
flowers
Andy The Sailor Man
Peter M
Down The Shore Guy
Admin
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

To get you in the Holiday Spirit Empty
PostSubject: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 3:39 pm

Guess what?!? THE ROCKEFELLER CENTER TREE IS HERE! HolidayTree

• Tree arrives on Tuesday, November 4, 2008

• Tree lighting on Wednesday, December 3, 2008

• Tree's last day on Friday, January 9, 2009 (OMG, it's already 2009)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 3:45 pm

Cool! Leanna and I will have to make the effort to get into Manhattan over the weekend!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 3:49 pm

Wonderful line up for the show this year too: Rod Stewart, Sheryl Crow, Carrie Underwood, Brian Wilson, Earth Wind and Fire, the Goo Goo Dolls, Il Divo, the Brian Setzer Orchestra and
Regis Philbin.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 3:55 pm

Thanks Marina Very Happy Give me the good ole days before the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree Lighting became a National thing. Back in the day, they would light the tree around 5pm, so, when I was in college. We'd head over to the city after class, get a prime view spot arriving as late as 4pm watch the tree get light - then we'd go to dinner and watch it happen on TV all over again! Very Happy

We will have time for photos at Rockefeller Center either before or after the show at Radio City on December 19, 2009. Don't worry - it's literally just steps away, not a long walk at all!

Last edited by Admin on Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com
Down The Shore Guy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Down The Shore Guy

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 3:57 pm

lol! I'm with you Tina - it's too crazy to even attempt to watch it live anymore... I'll take a prime spot on my sofa in front of my TV on December 3rd though!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 4:01 pm

I hear that!
Back to top Go down
Peter M
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Peter M

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 4:08 pm

Guess I'll make the trip into the city sometime after December 3rd to see the tree in all it's glory. If 2009 is your first time to NYC during the holidays, you are in for a wonderful treat. All the stores decorate - it's really an incredible thing to behold!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 4:13 pm

Peter is right! I'll put up some photos to show you what you're going to be seeing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 4:17 pm

Lord and Taylor Window Display 2007 - and this is just one of MANY windows

To get you in the Holiday Spirit 20363010
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 4:18 pm

Another one from Lord and Taylor in 2007

To get you in the Holiday Spirit 29868310
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 4:20 pm

Looking from 5th Avenue towards the Rockefeller Center Tree in 2007

To get you in the Holiday Spirit 11045210
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 4:21 pm

This one of Macy's windows from 2007 - again one of many windows

To get you in the Holiday Spirit 23281110
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 4:23 pm

This is a great little park behind the public library called Bryant Park and they have a tree and little shops and small ice rink there for the holidays.

To get you in the Holiday Spirit 29028110
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 4:25 pm

Radio City from 2007

To get you in the Holiday Spirit 12358210
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 4:28 pm

FAO Schwarz

To get you in the Holiday Spirit 24169110
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 4:30 pm

Talk about timing - every year the local newscasters on NBC gather in front of the tree and tape a Christmas commerical of them singing a holiday song - I just happened to be there when they were filming it in 2007

To get you in the Holiday Spirit 28063910
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 4:32 pm

This is Rockefeller Plaza - this is the sidewalk around the area

To get you in the Holiday Spirit 12406210
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 4:34 pm

Closer shot of the Christmas Tree

To get you in the Holiday Spirit 12406211
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 4:35 pm

Well that's all for now - don't want to bore you too much. But, if you like them, let me know, I can put up more!
Back to top Go down
Andy The Sailor Man
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Andy The Sailor Man

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 4:40 pm

Leave it to Nick to have photos Very Happy More please - they're great Nick!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 4:47 pm

If you insist Andy, my pleasure! Wink Can you tell it's a slow afternoon at work for me?
Back to top Go down
Andy The Sailor Man
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Andy The Sailor Man

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 4:47 pm

lol! Yes!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 4:49 pm

Stakers on the ice rink at Rockefeller Center. For those meeting up with Patrick for the staking party, this is where it will be

To get you in the Holiday Spirit 12406212
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 4:52 pm

Cartier all dressed up for the Holidays

To get you in the Holiday Spirit 12406110
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 4:54 pm

Lobby of Trump Tower on 5th Avenue

To get you in the Holiday Spirit 12358410
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To get you in the Holiday Spirit
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next