Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+13
Exairgoddess1
JJ2sail
barbeeAL
jillybabes
cruisenfever
nancyk2sea
crzy4cruising
TwitchOR
cruiseforme
vlscruiser
Murphy
GrmyCRS
frudutx
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
vlscruiser
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 7:32 pm

Thanks Patti Smile my brain was wrapped around a answer that I read telling someone they could get a Grand Suite and I was thinking out loud. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 7:33 pm

I don,t usually make sense and today is the same lol!
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 7:41 pm

Will be on the Mariner in April and so far every time I have been on a ship with a CL we haven't been able to use it because there are to many Diamond and + members. I wonder if it will be the same this time. The group has alot of Diamond & D+ people on her. Of course since I don't usually have more then a ginger ale I don't make use of the CL for drinks but it would be nice to just be able to hang there for awhile or get a munchie.

I will say on the Liberty of the Sea The Diamond Lounge was wonderful and I had a nice time sitting in there and enjoying the view. Met some interesting people that I talked with as well, which was fun.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 8:02 pm

vlscruiser wrote:
Will be on the Mariner in April and so far every time I have been on a ship with a CL we haven't been able to use it because there are to many Diamond and + members. I wonder if it will be the same this time. The group has alot of Diamond & D+ people on her. Of course since I don't usually have more then a ginger ale I don't make use of the CL for drinks but it would be nice to just be able to hang there for awhile or get a munchie.

I will say on the Liberty of the Sea The Diamond Lounge was wonderful and I had a nice time sitting in there and enjoying the view. Met some interesting people that I talked with as well, which was fun.

Agree about the Liberty Diamond Lounge, it is one of the nicest and the view is fabulous...Can't wait til Freedom to try that one out too...
The Mariner CL is small, doesn't have enough seating and there are no windows, but it is nice to meet up with other folks b4 dinner...
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 8:03 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers Congratulations WooHoo cheers cheers cheers cheers

DIANE AND JOHN!!!!!
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 8:08 pm

Love John's avatar!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So nice to come home to GREAT news on our thread.

Shorty - Glad you were able to fix up the blankie and happy she still loves it.

Bren - Menopause...you'r right...tooooooooooooo funny!!!!!!!!!!!

Jean - You've probably arrived in NY already, but that is a gorgeous sculpture of you. He does some fine work.

So what's left for us lowly diamonds/not in suites to hope for? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 8:09 pm

I am in shock Shocked , I actually just got an e-mail from C&A explaining the new stuff--they still have the error about booking & receiving a discount on a suite & then below that in the chart it has discount on balcony & suites. but hey, I am impressed
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 8:10 pm

Thanks for all of the congrats we do feel very fortunate.

We're already D+ so I guess I'm not worried? I need to remember to call C&A next week about our packet as we still have not received it.

d
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 8:22 pm

Just received my e-mail from RC as well. I agree Chris , I think John's Avatar is fun!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 8:32 pm

No email for me yet... Sad
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 8:56 pm

Hey Chris, my doc's for the Rhapsody are in, at the TA's office. Should have them in another week I think. Seems that since Bob (old TA) left Royal Carb. stills sends the tickets to his office, which in turn sends them to the office where she is located, which sends them to me. TA said that it doesn't matter that they have told Royal Carb over and over to update to new office address it still goes to the other office............ Oh well I will get them sometime.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 9:04 pm

Evening all, just got home from getting my hair cut and colored. Going to Dream Dinners in a bit, to stock up. Then tomorrow going to help my niece pack her house up as they are moving. So much for my quiet weekend!

Congrats Diane on the win!

Bummer about the new C&A changes. My next cruise would be my first as Diamond also. So no more balcony discount either, guess I will be going back to an ocean view. Sad They better start lowering their prices or I may just jump lines!

Sorry, cranky today!

Have a good weekend everyone!
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 9:10 pm

Jen, sorry your quiet weekend is changing. Hope things get better as you finally get to relax. Smile
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 9:17 pm

Jen, I think there has been some clarification regarding the balcony discounts and they do still exist.

And thanks Jill for clarifying the JS getting 2 credits! After reading all the hoopla, that was my worst thought was only getting 1 credit for JS's!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 9:19 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
Evening all, just got home from getting my hair cut and colored. Going to Dream Dinners in a bit, to stock up. Then tomorrow going to help my niece pack her house up as they are moving. So much for my quiet weekend!

Congrats Diane on the win!

Bummer about the new C&A changes. My next cruise would be my first as Diamond also. So no more balcony discount either, guess I will be going back to an ocean view. Sad They better start lowering their prices or I may just jump lines!

Sorry, cranky today!

Have a good weekend everyone!
Jen, you will still be able to receive Diamond balcony discounts. That has not changed.

I see that Susan explained it to you already. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 9:19 pm

Jen - Sorry your quiet, restfull weekend is spoiled. I thought we'd have tomorrow to kick back, but M reminded me that we have a "commitment" ceremony tomorrow for one of her transcribers and her significant other. Oh well...MAYBE NEXT WEEKEND. Looking forward to Sunday to meet up with our friends from the Happy Coconuts.

Diane - If you don't mind my asking, where did you (errr John) find that avatar??

Virginia - Great news that the docs are on the way.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 9:28 pm

Don't you all hate it when you only want a quiet weekend at home and all that socializing and family commitments get in the way!!! roflmao

It might end up being a quiet weekend for me whether I like it or not... our rain, turning to some snow on Saturday night is now escalated to up to 5 inches of snow with freezing rain before that! What is it that Patti says... "do you all know I HATE winter snow!!!!"
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 9:34 pm

frudutx wrote:
Thanks for all of the congrats we do feel very fortunate.

We're already D+ so I guess I'm not worried? I need to remember to call C&A next week about our packet as we still have not received it.

d
you know, I haven't gotten my D+ packet yet either--I need to call AGAIN & see what is going on with that. thanks for the reminder
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 9:49 pm

Susan: Happy to be of help...The gal at C&A was very nice and very helpful...
She did not know exactly what will be in the new coupon books, but said the picture coupon was going to be reinstated (hope that this is true)...
I suggested that a few drink coupons might make the diamond C&A's a bit happier...We will see what happens...
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 9:59 pm

jillybabes wrote:
Susan: Happy to be of help...The gal at C&A was very nice and very helpful...
She did not know exactly what will be in the new coupon books, but said the picture coupon was going to be reinstated (hope that this is true)...
I suggested that a few drink coupons might make the diamond C&A's a bit happier...We will see what happens...

I hope the free picture coupon is back. we actually ended up spending $ that way. now we don't take any--BIG mistake I think. I have some very fun pictures. I'm hoping
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 10:04 pm

That would be great about the photo coupon! Thanks Jill for making the call and about the 2 credits for the Jr. Suite. I did book one for the Rhapsody in May trying to get from 42 credits (some how I lost one) to 50 so I can pay a reduced single fare.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 10:16 pm

Wow !!! It really happened. A good friend emailed me from a ship last week and told me she had it on good authority that there would be a major announcement today. I didn't say anyhting because I figured it was more hearsay but dang she was right. Sorry for all the D's. At this point I have to say I'm glad we made it to D+. No email here yet.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 10:20 pm

Wow.....another 4 pages to catch up on.......

Congrats Diane and John......awesome!

Peeved on the changes........Now I guess we will jump ship.......the real pi$$er part is that we sail with friends that are D+ so now we won't be able to go to the lounge and have cocktail hour and since that is mostly the times we visit with them I guess WHAT"S THE POINT..........

We will sail the Oasis in Jan with them but then I guess it's cheapest line wins......We still need 7 more I think to be d+ and can't make that up very quickly.....well not on my budget anyhow.

Sorry to Rant but I really thought they'd be smart and 'grandfather' things.......

Lousy day today at work and I guess it just continues......

Soooooooo on that note........I'll get off my soapbox.......

Have a good evening y'all
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 10:26 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
Wow.....another 4 pages to catch up on.......

Congrats Diane and John......awesome!

Peeved on the changes........Now I guess we will jump ship.......the real pi$$er part is that we sail with friends that are D+ so now we won't be able to go to the lounge and have cocktail hour and since that is mostly the times we visit with them I guess WHAT"S THE POINT..........

We will sail the Oasis in Jan with them but then I guess it's cheapest line wins......We still need 7 more I think to be d+ and can't make that up very quickly.....well not on my budget anyhow.

Sorry to Rant but I really thought they'd be smart and 'grandfather' things.......

Lousy day today at work and I guess it just continues......

Soooooooo on that note........I'll get off my soapbox.......

Have a good evening y'all
sorry for you , I can not imagine how pi$$ed I would be if I was in your shoes. We had heard there would be changes--like waaaaaaaaay long time ago & doubled up on a bunch of cruising so we could make D+ before any change--actually it was an excuse!!!!! no apology needed for venting--we all need to do that from time to time. (she who ranted earlier about a TA says Razz )
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 10:28 pm

Jul--sorry you had a bad day and the CL news just adds to it--do hope your back pain is a bit better tonight
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 11 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next