Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:37 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
Ron- I think you will get along with my husband! He is awful to take shopping! I usually just order his clothes online, and make him try them on at home.

And yes, he usually wears pre-tied bow ties with his tux, but I will order him a "real" one and see how he does with it.

Christina- I bought two tux shirts, one wingtip and one lay down, can he wear a bow tie with the laydown collar or just the wingtip?

SEE NOW YOU ARE TALKING!!! Christina just order the clothes and send them to my house. lol I will try them on and get back to you!!! lol. Now that's what I'm talking about!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:38 pm

oesnjstar wrote:
can you just send the guy in the leather jacket to my cabin

lol. You mean so you can try on his jacket right??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:43 pm

Thanks to the fact that my husband hates shopping I was able to get him back on a cruise after 13 years of not cruising. I told him if he took me on a cruise he didn't have to buy me a Christmas present. He chose the cruise over a trip to the mall cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:50 pm

yes ron - that's why - so i can try his jacket on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:50 pm

what else would you think?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 4:30 pm

This thread is great........you are so very helpful Christina with the dos and dont pics......LOVE IT..

For the record,Im the one in the family who hates shopping while my husband is always saying we should go..........little backwards from the norm,huh?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 4:33 pm

jen - you're going to buy him a bow tie and see how he does with it? or are you going to learn how to tie it because if i buy my husband a bow tie i guess i better figure it out or it will be the most lopsided thing you have ever seen.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 4:40 pm

Oh heck no! I don't even know how to tie a regular tie! lol!

He does fine with the regular ties, and taught both our sons.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 5:01 pm

i had to get my husband a diagram off the internet for our first cruise just to learn how to tie a tie. he never wore anything fancier than his biker wallet before that. i married a hick.
Back to top Go down
Jfultz81
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Jfultz81

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 5:36 pm

Would something like this work for casual night?

Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 - Page 2 Casual10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 6:07 pm

Jfultz81 wrote:
Would something like this work for casual night?

Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 - Page 2 Casual10

This is a bit too causal, this more like an outfit you might wear to afternoon tea. You could probably push your luck and wear something like this the first evening but, personally, I wouldn't recommend it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 6:17 pm

You mean I have to dress up for afternoon tea? pale So is it ok to shower Naked or do i need a rubber tie to go along with my rubber duck?? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 6:19 pm

Ronrocks wrote:
You mean I have to dress up for afternoon tea? pale So is it ok to shower Naked or do i need a rubber tie to go along with my rubber duck?? lol!

Rubber tie is optional! lol!
Back to top Go down
Jfultz81
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Jfultz81

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 6:22 pm

Hmm.. ok.. palazzo pants and I don't get along and it says trousers under Casual on Cunard's site, can you give me an idea of what kind of trousers with a top isn't too casual for casual night?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 6:42 pm

Invest in a good pair of black slacks - these will become your best friend. And, then kick things up a bit with a nice top. The twin set you showed in the picture was pretty but, a bit too much like something you'd wear to work. This is your chance to shine and have some fun!

Here are some examples of how to take it up a notch

You could get something fun and playful such as this one:
Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 - Page 2 Nmb0ue10

Frilly and feminine
Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 - Page 2 Nmb0tv10

Or for a more conservative look, you could go with something like this knit jacket (ignoring skirt of course):

Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 - Page 2 Nm-1st10

Hopefully this helps and doesn't confuse you. And, don't worry, I'm going to also have a section about how to dress for specific body types. In the meantime, if you have questions please ask! I love to help!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 7:04 pm

FormerlySanFranBayCruiser wrote:
Invest in a good pair of black slacks - these will become your best friend. And, then kick things up a bit with a nice top. The twin set you showed in the picture was pretty but, a bit too much like something you'd wear to work. This is your chance to shine and have some fun!

Frilly and feminine

Or for a more conservative look, you could go with something like this knit jacket (ignoring skirt of course):

Hopefully this helps and doesn't confuse you. And, don't worry, I'm going to also have a section about how to dress for specific body types. In the meantime, if you have questions please ask! I love to help!

all body types?? Even wide and furry?? They may not find my body when this whole thing is over with...
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 7:07 pm

Ron, I just can't picture us at afternoon tea.
We're more like...afternoon Long Island Iced Tea! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
HelenB
Resident Expert Family Cruising
HelenB

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 7:09 pm

Christina, thanks for all of the examples! I am LOL at a bunch of them!

So far everything seems similar to how we usually dress on cruises, other than the jacket for men on casual night. However I want to expand on Ron's earlier question. I know that it's not appropriate to be walking around in swimwear unless you are right at the pool area. Normally on a cruise I bring a coverup (covers shoulders and down past my bottom - not a pareo) and wear that into the buffet. Is that okay, or would i have to be fully dressed to go into the buffet?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mommycruises.com

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 7:24 pm

Ronrocks wrote:

Frilly and feminine

all body types?? Even wide and furry?? They may not find my body when this whole thing is over with...

Keep it up funny guy and, I'll have Nick and Pete pin you down while we put you in a dress, high heels and full make up!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 7:26 pm

HelenB wrote:
Christina, thanks for all of the examples! I am LOL at a bunch of them!

So far everything seems similar to how we usually dress on cruises, other than the jacket for men on casual night. However I want to expand on Ron's earlier question. I know that it's not appropriate to be walking around in swimwear unless you are right at the pool area. Normally on a cruise I bring a coverup (covers shoulders and down past my bottom - not a pareo) and wear that into the buffet. Is that okay, or would i have to be fully dressed to go into the buffet?

You could probably do it but, you'll feel much less self conscious if you did have on something more than a cover up. I will make an exception by saying if it's a long, dress like cover up that isn't particular see-through then yes, that would probably not even raise an eyebrow.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 7:31 pm

Ron in a dress:

Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 - Page 2 Cross_dresser
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 7:37 pm

NDJollyMon wrote:
Ron in a dress:

affraid lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 7:50 pm

I am eagerly awaiting the Formal Night Ball Gowns. I hope there will be some tomorrow. I intend going out shopping on Saturday. queen
Back to top Go down
HelenB
HelenB

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:22 pm

You could probably do it but, you'll feel much less self conscious if you did have on something more than a cover up. I will make an exception by saying if it's a long, dress like cover up that isn't particular see-through then yes, that would probably not even raise an eyebrow.

I have two: one is long sleeved and zips, like this:

Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 - Page 2 LECoverup

The other is similar with no zipper and it's sleeveless (although it covers the top of the shoulders). So these would be too short?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mommycruises.com

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 10:56 am

NDJollyMon wrote:
Ron in a dress:

two things,
First is that he looks more like Nick than me.
Second, why would you have this picture?
Something you want to tell us Pete? lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next