Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 3

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 3 Empty
PostSubject: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 3   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 6:11 pm

Semi-Formal Night
Semi-Formal night on Cunard could pass as formal nights on some cruise lines. For ladies this means a cocktail length or even tea length dress and for gentlemen, a dark suit is recommended.

Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 3 Tadash10
Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 3 Tealen10Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 3 Suithe10Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 3 Pants10
Cocktail dresses hit just above the knee or at the knee. A cocktail dress is a little more fancy that a dress you would wear out to a nice restaurant. Think more along the lines of a dress you would wear to a very nice restaurant or wedding. This style dress is very acceptable for semi-formal nights on Cunard.
Tea length
dresses hit between the knee and a few inches above the ankles. Tea
length dresses are about a half notch dressier than a cocktail dress.
This would be a dress you selected for a formal afternoon affair or
wedding. It is perfectly acceptable Semi-Formal wear on Cunard
Dark suits for gentlemen are a classic choice that
rarely go out of style. Navy is a favorite choice for summer and very
dark gray or black are favorite for winter and fall. Remember you can show off your personalty by selecting a complimentary but, fun tie.
To cuff or not to cuff that is often the question from men. If you're wearing a trim, modern
suit with flat-front pants—the kind often shown in men's fashion
magazines—you should not cuff your pants. However, if you're a guy who
likes a classic suit with a single pleat, go for a cuff—but not more
than one and a half inches deep.
Back to top Go down
HelenB
Resident Expert Family Cruising
HelenB

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 3   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 7:16 pm

Those look great, Christina, but may I point out that color is acceptable? I love to have fun with my brightly colored dresses, and will especially do so for our Christmas sailing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mommycruises.com

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 3   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 7:18 pm

I think men have it much easier...........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 3   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 7:22 pm

HelenB wrote:
Those look great, Christina, but may I point out that color is acceptable? I love to have fun with my brightly colored dresses, and will especially do so for our Christmas sailing!

Of course color is acceptable - especially during the holidays!
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 3   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 7:24 pm

PH8 wrote:

That's because we are simpletons.... Basketball
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 3   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:53 pm

NDJollyMon wrote:
PH8 wrote:

That's because we are simpletons.... Basketball
Hey,you said it....not me.. Razz

I cant see the pics anymore....is it just me??
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 3   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 12:01 am

I was assuming that a long black velvet dress would be acceptable for semi formal, but it says cocktail length or tea length?? Is a long dress still ok? My sister may get some dirty looks if not because Im not sure I can get her into a short dress.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 3   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 1:23 am

I see the pics....but my tickers are screwed up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 3   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 1:09 pm

Ok so why is a suite semi-formal? What is more formal than a suite? So if I went to dinner in a suite on formal night they would toss me out?
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 3   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 1:14 pm

You can wear a suit, Ron....

Directly from Cunard's FAQ:

Formal: Black tie or formal dark suit for gentlemen. Evening dress or other formal attire for ladies.

Semiformal: Jacket and tie for gentlemen. Cocktail dress or trouser suit for ladies. No jeans.

Elegant casual: Jacket, no tie required for genetlemen. Dress, skirt or trousers for ladies. No shorts or jeans.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 3   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 1:16 pm

Better yet:

The general atmosphere onboard is elegant, but relaxed. Although shorts and swimsuits may not be worn in the ships’ main restaurants, casual attire (including shorts) is welcome during the day at the Kings Court on QUEEN MARY 2 and at the Lido Café on QUEEN ELIZABETH 2. Swimsuits, brief shorts and exercise clothing should be reserved for poolside lounging, deck activities and the spa.

For shore excursions, you will need to pack a range of summer or warmer clothes, depending on your itinerary. Remember to respect the cultural dress norms of your hosts when visiting shrines, temples and churches. A lightweight raincoat, umbrella, walking shoes and a spare pair of glasses will always stand you in good stead. Don’t worry if you forget something as our shops onboard carry a wide range of leisurewear, formal clothing and

One of the great thrills of a Cunard voyage is the sheer glamour of the evenings. Evening attire for the ship’s main restaurants, effective from 1800hrs, will be specified in your ship’s Daily Programme and will be required to dine in the restaurants.

Formal: Black tie or formal dark suit for gentlemen. Evening dress or other formal attire for ladies. (A range of gentleman’s formal wear is available to hire or purchase onboard ship).

Semiformal: Jacket and tie for gentlemen. Cocktail dress or trouser suit for ladies. No jeans.

Elegant Casual: Jacket, no tie required for gentlemen. Dress, skirt or trousers for ladies. No shorts or jeans.
Back to top Go down
HelenB
HelenB

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 3   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 1:19 pm

Ronrocks wrote:
Ok so why is a suite semi-formal? What is more formal than a suite? So if I went to dinner in a suite on formal night they would toss me out?

If you eat dinner in your suite, then you can wear anything you want. Wink

Last edited by HelenB on Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.mommycruises.com
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 3   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 1:42 pm

good one Helen! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 3   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 9:15 pm

Ronrocks wrote:

Ron, I think you mean suit. Geez, you spell and write good like me! lol! Tuxedo is the next step up in the world.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 3   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 9:37 pm

yeah your tickers are screwed up all right pete. LOL
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 3   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 9:43 pm

I erased 'em except for ZOO CREW.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 3   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 3
Page 1 of 1