Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone Interested in Joining Us for a Day at the Races?

Go down 
5 posters

Care to join us on Sat. October 17, 2009?
Yes - I'll be there and will email or PM you
Anyone Interested in Joining Us for a Day at the Races? Vote_lcap30%Anyone Interested in Joining Us for a Day at the Races? Vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
Maybe - I'm interested but can't fully commit
Anyone Interested in Joining Us for a Day at the Races? Vote_lcap30%Anyone Interested in Joining Us for a Day at the Races? Vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
No - Thanks but, I can't make it
Anyone Interested in Joining Us for a Day at the Races? Vote_lcap40%Anyone Interested in Joining Us for a Day at the Races? Vote_rcap
 40% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

Anyone Interested in Joining Us for a Day at the Races? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone Interested in Joining Us for a Day at the Races?   Anyone Interested in Joining Us for a Day at the Races? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 1:01 pm

Hi Everyone,

This is just a very loose survey to see how many people would like to join us for A Day at The Races. I am thinking of purchasing a tent for Cruise Freeks at a very local New Jersey event in the Fall that benefits one of the local hospitals. And, I'm curious how many would be willing to come to help fill up our tent space.

Here's a link to the event: http://www.farhillsrace.org/

And, there would be no cost to you, other than your travel expenses. Tickets, food, and parking will all be sponsored by Cruise Freeks. You would be responsible for transportation costs and hotel if one would be required.

If you know you can or are willing to attend please PM me or email, and, I'll start a running list.

Thanks.

Tina
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Interested in Joining Us for a Day at the Races?   Anyone Interested in Joining Us for a Day at the Races? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 1:09 pm

Me! I can take the train right there!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Interested in Joining Us for a Day at the Races?   Anyone Interested in Joining Us for a Day at the Races? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 1:11 pm

it's a saturday october 17? if it is i would be more than willing to support this venture.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Interested in Joining Us for a Day at the Races?   Anyone Interested in Joining Us for a Day at the Races? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 1:11 pm

how does that happen that it inadvertently posts twice?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Interested in Joining Us for a Day at the Races?   Anyone Interested in Joining Us for a Day at the Races? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 1:12 pm

anyway, that would be the both of us for that event if it's saturday
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Interested in Joining Us for a Day at the Races?   Anyone Interested in Joining Us for a Day at the Races? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 1:15 pm

It happens. I've deleted several in the past few days.
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Interested in Joining Us for a Day at the Races?   Anyone Interested in Joining Us for a Day at the Races? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 1:20 pm

Pat, yes, the race is Saturday, October 17, 2009
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Interested in Joining Us for a Day at the Races?   Anyone Interested in Joining Us for a Day at the Races? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 1:22 pm

Sounds like a nice idea.........little too far for me though.. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Da Bronx Bombers Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Da Bronx Bombers Fan

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Interested in Joining Us for a Day at the Races?   Anyone Interested in Joining Us for a Day at the Races? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 1:26 pm

Sure I'll come, it's only about an hour to that part of NJ from Brooklyn.
Back to top Go down
Big Red Robyn
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Big Red Robyn

Number of posts : 408
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Interested in Joining Us for a Day at the Races?   Anyone Interested in Joining Us for a Day at the Races? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 1:35 pm

Tina I can commit to this right now. I'd love to join the Freeks for this event and, it's only about an hour from Ridgewood!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Interested in Joining Us for a Day at the Races?   Anyone Interested in Joining Us for a Day at the Races? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 1:58 pm

at first i thought it was monmouth race track. i didn't even know that race track existed but it can't be more than 2 hours for us and it would be a great opportunity to get to meet some of you.
Back to top Go down
Greta
Travel Agent
Travel Agent

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Interested in Joining Us for a Day at the Races?   Anyone Interested in Joining Us for a Day at the Races? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 2:01 pm

Tina,
My family might be able to come up for it. We use to go to steeplechases in VA and loved it. It will depend on when my daughter's school break is. I know one will be out of school but they other's break might be the week before.

Anyway if they can't go hubby and I may make it our fall escape!
Back to top Go down
http://www.purpleparrottravel.com
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Interested in Joining Us for a Day at the Races?   Anyone Interested in Joining Us for a Day at the Races? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 2:36 pm

Pat - it's not a regular race course, it's actually set on an old estate in Far Hills. It should take you about 1.5 - 2 hours from the shore. It used to take us about an hour to get up to the area when we lived in Sea Girt, so, since you're a bit further South, add a few minutes on. It's easy, straight up the Parkway to 287 to Route 202.

Greta - I'd love to have you Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Interested in Joining Us for a Day at the Races?   Anyone Interested in Joining Us for a Day at the Races? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 3:05 pm

well that explains why i have never heard of it. of course, once you move down this way you almost never go up north. i'm a little different since i still like to go to the city and my husband is always like why????? but he comes along. i go way up north jersey and i go way down south jersey without a complaint so i'm in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Interested in Joining Us for a Day at the Races?   Anyone Interested in Joining Us for a Day at the Races? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone Interested in Joining Us for a Day at the Races?
Page 1 of 1