Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's Your Favorite Meal for Dinner in the Dining Room?

Go down 
+6
Arvids
Love2Hula
KKathy
cruizinmimi
Down The Shore Guy
NYC Teacher
10 posters
AuthorMessage
NYC Teacher
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
NYC Teacher

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-08-16

What's Your Favorite Meal for Dinner in the Dining Room? Empty
PostSubject: What's Your Favorite Meal for Dinner in the Dining Room?   What's Your Favorite Meal for Dinner in the Dining Room? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 3:34 pm

Lobster for me, two please!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Down The Shore Guy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Down The Shore Guy

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Meal for Dinner in the Dining Room?   What's Your Favorite Meal for Dinner in the Dining Room? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 11:51 am

Just about everything! lol!
Back to top Go down
cruizinmimi
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Meal for Dinner in the Dining Room?   What's Your Favorite Meal for Dinner in the Dining Room? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 6:53 pm

Just about everything for me also, but I really enjoy all of their soups and most all the appetizers
Back to top Go down
KKathy
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Meal for Dinner in the Dining Room?   What's Your Favorite Meal for Dinner in the Dining Room? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 3:12 pm

For me, it's actually the lamb!

My husband doesn't eat red meat, so I would never prepare it at home. When we go out to eat, fish is always my first choice.

So, lamb is a dish that I only eat on a cruise ship, a special treat. On all other nights, I'll order fish. I'm not crazy for the lobster served on cruise ships, it's always overcooked. But, we'll eat it. We usually will only order one and a second dish between the 2 of us, generally grilled or broiled fish.

What is my least favorite? (I know you didn't ask!) Chicken, always tastes re-heated or like what my imagination considers to be rest home food. I've never eaten rest home food, but I did smell it when my grandma was there, ick.
Back to top Go down
Love2Hula
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Love2Hula

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Meal for Dinner in the Dining Room?   What's Your Favorite Meal for Dinner in the Dining Room? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 8:31 pm

I love the lobster.... yum! But I like to try new things when I cruise.

I keep seeing mention of the chilled soups, but I just haven't ever tried them.... I must do that on Monarch. Are they really that good?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Meal for Dinner in the Dining Room?   What's Your Favorite Meal for Dinner in the Dining Room? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 8:35 pm

top favorite is the lobster tail ... after that, just about anything they serve I'm happy with. Wink
Back to top Go down
Arvids
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Arvids

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Meal for Dinner in the Dining Room?   What's Your Favorite Meal for Dinner in the Dining Room? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 12:19 am

Surf and Turf here too

In fact where can you order 6 lobster tails and not pay for any of it.

Just think you can book the cheapest room on the ship or the most expensive and you get the same food choices.

How sweet is that?bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Meal for Dinner in the Dining Room?   What's Your Favorite Meal for Dinner in the Dining Room? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 5:13 pm

the absolute best are the chilled soups. i first tried them on a cruise and i am just about hooked on them. at most dinners i will choose whatever the chilled soup is. and the best dessert has to be the flourless chocolate cake - it tastes like chocolate butter.
Back to top Go down
becktours
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
becktours

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Meal for Dinner in the Dining Room?   What's Your Favorite Meal for Dinner in the Dining Room? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 6:51 pm

I love the Grilled Shrimp with extra butter sauce over Rice!!! And no meal would be complete without the SAVORY BITES!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.becktours.com
Da Bronx Bombers Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Da Bronx Bombers Fan

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-08-26

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Meal for Dinner in the Dining Room?   What's Your Favorite Meal for Dinner in the Dining Room? Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 11:34 am

The Onion Tart is always my favorite starter, the Thai BBQ chicken for an entree and, the coconut creme brulee for my sweet endings :eat:
Back to top Go down
Kim T
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Kim T

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Meal for Dinner in the Dining Room?   What's Your Favorite Meal for Dinner in the Dining Room? Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 12:52 pm

You're making me very hungry!
Back to top Go down
Chattyaholic

Chattyaholic

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Meal for Dinner in the Dining Room?   What's Your Favorite Meal for Dinner in the Dining Room? Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 2:18 pm

Lobster tail, I usually ask for an extra on the side
Creme Brulee
Tiramisu
Chilled soups
Prime Rib
Duck
Smoked salmon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Meal for Dinner in the Dining Room?   What's Your Favorite Meal for Dinner in the Dining Room? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's Your Favorite Meal for Dinner in the Dining Room?
Page 1 of 1