Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE

Go down 
+23
lordoftime
spruce120
cruiseforme
Admin
JJ2sail
Cruising Rays
cmgm1126
dream2cruise
Murphy
vlscruiser
cruisenfever
ndmomof4
jillybabes
NDDad
frannieburr
skyking
bjjost
Da Bronx Bombers Fan
NDJollyMon
flowers
I Cruise Do You Cruise
Mary B
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-04-11

2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 2:43 pm

Well the Jewel has to sail from somewhere , why not NJ Smile
Back to top Go down
bjjost
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
bjjost

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 3:37 pm

The bigger the ship... the more I like it!! I know it won't be the Oasis... but I can't wait to take a cruise on that one!! When they're that big, you are definitely on a "City at Sea". love it!!!
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 4:41 pm

I would love to try the bigger ships , I was just giving a 'unique' guess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 4:48 pm

and i tend to not want to go on anything as big as the oasis. just don't like that many people. would rather have a smaller likable group. i just like a more personal social kind of experience and don't know. maybe i'm just strange. okay - i am strange.
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 4:56 pm

I am sure you are not strange Pat. Very Happy

We shied away from cruising for a similar reason. That it would be crowded and in a confined space. We only took the plunge after learning ballroom dancing and figured we would be able to dance every night even if we didn't like anything else. As it turned out the dancing on the Norwegian Dawn ( our first ever cruise) was virtually non existant, however we fell in love with cruising for it's own sake.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 5:04 pm

lordoftime wrote:
I am sure you are not strange Pat. Very Happy

no...she's strange alright! rabbit

seriously, I don't like crowds much either. I really love ships though, and the only way to see them and get the experience is to book them...and get out there with the masses.
I don't mind huge ships....I think they are great. I just wish there were more of them on longer sailings. Some cruise lines put all there ships doing nearly the same East / West itineraries. BORING.
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
bjjost
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
bjjost

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 5:13 pm

I like big ships because there is less "movement". My first cruise (many, many years ago) was on the Tropicale. I think it was 45,000 Tons... we hit a storm at sea and had 20 to 30 foot swells... everyone on the ship was sick including the captain. You'd think that would have kept me away from cruise ships but it didn't... my next cruise was on the Azure Seas... another small ship. No rough seas, but I was still sick. Then I went on Carnival's Inspiration... 70,000 tons... and I didn't get sick. It's been big ships for me ever since. And the bigger the better.

But I don't like crowds either... that's why I like the adult pool on Royal Caribbean. It's nice and peaceful.

I could seriously LIVE on a cruise ship. I think I'll retire there...
Back to top Go down
bjjost
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
bjjost

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 6:09 pm

Just looked it up on the internet... The Tropicale was built in 1981 and was 36,000 tons. It is now called the Ocean Dream and is owned by Pullmantur Cruises (a subsidiary of Royal Caribbean)...

Imagine that!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 6:52 pm

that was small!
Back to top Go down
bjjost
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
bjjost

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 6:53 pm

Yeah... for a while I thought we were all going to have to row... HolySheep
Back to top Go down
Hopeful Henry
Host
Host
Hopeful Henry

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 3:51 pm

I'd say chances are very slim it's going to be Independence of the Seas. I was in cruisingpower and saw that it's being deployed to Europe for summer 2010, so, it's highly doubtful it will come to Bayonne for the Fall and Winter season but, you never know. I'll keep posting as info comes in!
Back to top Go down
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 10:27 pm

Okie Dokie, one ship that it is NOT out of the way... now need to just find out what ship it is!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 12:13 pm

Thanks for the update Henry!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 8:05 pm

OK, so I've been doing a little research of my own... and I wouldn't necessarily count out the Indy! Here are my thoughts...

The Navigator has a Transatlantic sailing BACK to FLL, so it "probably" won't end up in NJ (but it could be possible, unlikely though I think)

The Voyager has a Transatlantic BACK to Galveston, so it "probably" won't end u pin NJ...

The Jewels has a Transatlatic BACK to Boston. This one is up for grabs in my perspective. I'm assuming it will do a few New England/Canada since it gets back in Sept. It "could" end up in NJ...

AOS, Indy and Splendor all go to Europe, but their return Transatlantic schedules aren't available yet.... soooo, the Indy is still in the running I think!!! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 12:08 pm

Got love a woman with an analytical mind! Susan, I think your reasoning is right on the money! Still hoping we're getting a Freedom class ship in Bayonne, I don't care which one!!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 12:28 pm

Yeah, I can't help myself, Nick! I love to check out the new itineraries and try to figure out how to do a repo B2B! Until all the itineraries are out, I like to see what ship goes where and how to get a good deal! Here's hoping for a Freedom class ship!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 12:31 pm

Fingers crossed 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE - Page 3 Finger10
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 9:38 am

OK... my obsessive compulsive researching has today identified that it WILL NOT be the Brilliance! Brilliance is scheduled to stay in Europe in Dec 2010 according to the RCCL cruise schedule!
Back to top Go down
bjjost
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
bjjost

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 10:06 am

Ahhh... Susan... I "lost" a bracelet in 1986... can you find it for me???? You're a great detective!!!!

Gday
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 10:09 am

bjjost wrote:
Ahhh... Susan... I "lost" a bracelet in 1986... can you find it for me???? You're a great detective!!!!

Gday

Did you lose your bracelet on a cruise??? Cruising mysteries appear to be my expertise! If I was good at all of life's mysteries I'd be rich and wouldn't care what ship we were taking... I'd buy us the ship we wanted to sail! lol!
Back to top Go down
bjjost
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
bjjost

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 10:16 am

As a matter of fact, I did lose it on a cruise!! See how good you are? You've already started to narrow it down!! It was on the Tropicale.... now how's that for going back in time???
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 10:40 am

I lost an earring the first night of our cruise on the Grand and no one turned it in...
I seldom lose anything, especially jewelry and now this will be the second earring that I have lost on a ship the first being a byzantine hoop on the Mariner in December of 06!!!
Have you read the Radiance may be coming to Tampa????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 10:53 am

jillybabes wrote:

[color=#4b0082]Have you read the Radiance may be coming to Tampa????
that would work for me!

Last edited by PH8 on Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bjjost
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
bjjost

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 10:54 am

I lost an earring too on a Carnival Cruise in 2000. Wind blew it right out of my ear!!!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 12:07 pm

I really think it's going to be Liberty.

I haven't lost anything to my knowledge.

d
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next