Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE

Go down 
+23
lordoftime
spruce120
cruiseforme
Admin
JJ2sail
Cruising Rays
cmgm1126
dream2cruise
Murphy
vlscruiser
cruisenfever
ndmomof4
jillybabes
NDDad
frannieburr
skyking
bjjost
Da Bronx Bombers Fan
NDJollyMon
flowers
I Cruise Do You Cruise
Mary B
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE Empty
PostSubject: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 8:23 pm

Some of you have been asking what the "Mystery" to the Christmas 2010 cruise is? Well the mystery is what ship will actually be sailing out of Bayonne New Jersey for Christmas/New Years 2010. Rumor has it that Explorer of the Seas may be moved.

Penny said "I think we should start a poll as to what ship they will be using for our xmas cruise. People have some really good reasoning behind their speculations."

So Vinnie emailed the idea to Tina and she said she would give the winner or winners of who guesses the correct SHIP a bottle of wine in their cabin. And if there is no ship change (stays with Explorer), it's a wash, no one wins.

So I am starting the poll for Vinnie and Penny (thanks guys for the idea) Very Happy

So what ship do you think we will be sailing on?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 8:24 pm

I've said it before, so I will stick with my original speculation...I am guessing...

LIBERTY Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 8:29 pm

My guess Freedom of the Seas
Back to top Go down
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
Charter Member
Charter Member
Cruise Virgin Vinnie

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 8:38 pm

I think it's going to be Liberty of the Seas. You didn't say if we had to put a reason but, my reasoning is that it's PORT LIBERTY, what better ship than LIBERTY OF THE SEAS to be there? Final answer!
Back to top Go down
Mary B
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Mary B

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 8:59 pm

Interesting theory Vinnie! I think it's going to be Freedom of the Seas simply because it's the oldest ship in the Freedom class and, I don't think they send up a newer ship up this way. Not that Freedom is old, just older than Liberty or Independence.
Back to top Go down
I Cruise Do You Cruise
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
I Cruise Do You Cruise

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 9:14 pm

Ok, just to be different, I'm going to say Independence of the Seas simply because no one else selected it yet Very Happy
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 9:59 pm

I'm voting for Freedom, if the ship is changed at all.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 10:56 pm

Jewel of the Seas

Aren't those Freedom class ships too big to fit under the bridge? Does it sail under the bridge from Jersey? (the bridge name escapes me...)
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 12:35 am

I would love any freedom class ship but my guess is liberty of the seas. I like Vinnie's reasoning and I can't remember what Michele's was but I remember it being good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 11:09 am

NDJollyMon wrote:
Aren't those Freedom class ships too big to fit under the bridge?

Nope. Very Happy

Freedom class ships are just stretched Voyager class ships. They are longer, but not higher. Both Liberty and Freedom have sailed out of NJ before (pre-inaugs).

So they can fit under the bridge. Very Happy

Here is more rumor info pulled from CC, the mystery deepens Laughing .....

Explorer will be going to MIA to replace the Majesty which is being transferred to either Pullmantur or TUI. I belive the Explorer will be doing 4/5 night cruises rather than the 3/4 but so far no itins are finalized.

The replacement for the EX in Bayonne hasn't been announced yet, but there WILL be a replacement!

As for the Radiance, she will be staying on the West Coast out of San Diego and will sail a series of 4/4/5 Baja cruises as well as longer 12 night Mex Riviera itins and then will sail up the coast to Vancouver to be used as a floating hotel for the 2010 Winter Olympics... you can find these itins now online at rccl.com

FYI- Monarch will the last Sovereign class to leave the fleet at the end of 2010/beginning of 2011

Last edited by crusinmama06 on Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Da Bronx Bombers Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Da Bronx Bombers Fan

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-08-26

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 11:12 am

I like Vinnie's reasoning so I'm going to vote Liberty of the Seas too.

BTW - great idea! We should do more of these "waiting" games to help pass the time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 11:59 am

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't the Liberty have some kind of problem with thier septic system. It seems like I remember reading several reviews were people complained about the "butt smell" in the hallways. It doesn't really matter to my family...well...well because they live with me and are use to that smell. Then again the bathroom is always on of my favorite excursions. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 12:21 pm

Ronrocks wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong but didn't the Liberty have some kind of problem with thier septic system. It seems like I remember reading several reviews were people complained about the "butt smell" in the hallways. It doesn't really matter to my family...well...well because they live with me and are use to that smell. Then again the bathroom is always on of my favorite excursions. Very Happy

Any ship can have a "smell in the hallways". It's just the nature of the beast.

But I do remember some talk about the smell near Adventure Ocean on Liberty. I think they fixed it because I haven't seen any complaints since.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 12:38 pm

crusinmama06 wrote:
Ronrocks wrote:

Any ship can have a "smell in the hallways". It's just the nature of the beast.

But I do remember some talk about the smell near Adventure Ocean on Liberty. I think they fixed it because I haven't seen any complaints since.

Hey yah goob!! I need some of your expert advice on cruising with kids. Can you meet me on FB?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 2:46 am

Hi Michelle
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 3:09 am

Fitzla wrote:
Hi Michelle

Hey Fitz! Nice to see ya. Very Happy

I miss you buddy! Some people have no sense of humor. Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 11:58 am

I think the new ship is going to be "The Big Ole Floating WOP of The Seas". I mean what else sails out of NJ??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 12:01 pm

Oh...and good morning everyone. I had to get up early today. Staci almost burned down the house with me in it. She went to work and left the brownies in the oven. She said not to eat any of them because they were "special brownies". Well I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. I've already had half of them and I don't see what made them spe.....uh oh...brb..bathroom! affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 12:08 pm

Ronrocks wrote:
Staci almost burned down the house with me in it.

Tell her that I said "At first you don't succeed...try, try again" Razz

And stay away from those brownies!
Back to top Go down
bjjost
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
bjjost

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Catch Up   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 12:21 am

Playing a game of catch up...

Reading every message posted so I get to know everyone better before the cruise!! Don't you love this?
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 12:49 am

Ronrocks wrote:
Oh...and good morning everyone. I had to get up early today. Staci almost burned down the house with me in it. She went to work and left the brownies in the oven. She said not to eat any of them because they were "special brownies". Well I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. I've already had half of them and I don't see what made them spe.....uh oh...brb..bathroom! affraid

You sure she left them in the oven by mistake??? affraid
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
skyking
Royal Caribbean Host
Royal Caribbean Host
skyking

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 1:56 am

Im gonna be different and say the Independance will be calling NJ home...I dont think RCCL will move Freedom out of PC, I remember reading they signed a 5 year deal with the port, and PC is a huge money maker...We shall see and I look forward to sailing with all of you in December.

Tim
Back to top Go down
http://www.crowncitycruises.com
skyking
Royal Caribbean Host
Royal Caribbean Host
skyking

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 8:04 pm

UNCLE TIM IS HERE:)

Fo thos that DO NOT know FITZLA and I share the same exact first and last name:) NOOO we are not related, and have never even met! FUNNNY HUH??
Back to top Go down
http://www.crowncitycruises.com
frannieburr
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 10:55 pm

any ship will be fine with me.. it will be my first cruise on rc
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 10:06 am

Giving this a bump up. If you're joining us on the Zoo Crew Mystery Cruise for Christmas 2010, here's a chance to win a bottle of wine. It's as simple as guessing which ship we'll be sailing on for the holidays in December, 2010.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE   2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2010 Royal Caribbean Mystery Ship - Place your guesses HERE
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next