Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree 2008

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ronnie
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Ronnie

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree 2008   Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree 2008 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 10:07 am

Christmas at New York City's Rockfeller Center will feature a tree from New Jersey that its owners call a "miracle."

The 72-foot tall Norway spruce comes from the Tree King nursery in Hamilton, NJ which is owned by the Varanyak family.

Bill Varanyak told New York's WNBC-TV the 77-year-old tree was planted after his parent's used it as their first Christmas tree in 1931.

He says it's "the miracle tree" because his late mother always said it would one day be on display at Rockefeller Center.

His brother, Bob, says they recently saw a blue bird in the tree and they believe the bird was their mother guarding it.

While the first official lighting was in 1933, the first Rockefeller Christmas tree was put up two years earlier by workers helping to build the complex during the Depression.

-------------
I will be posting photos of the 2008 Christmas tree here.
Back to top Go down
Andy The Sailor Man
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Andy The Sailor Man

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree 2008   Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree 2008 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 10:46 am

Thanks Ronnie that would be great!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree 2008   Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree 2008 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 12:45 pm

Thanks for posting that! I can't wait to see it. We'll be there on the 6th. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree 2008   Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree 2008 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 2:08 pm

I'll be doing the same thing tomorrow Very Happy At least I hope to be doing photos tomorrow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree 2008   Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree 2008 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 7:47 pm

I can't wait to see the pictures. It always feels like the holiday season when they light the tree at Rockefeller center. Our family has been fortunate to see the lighting ceremony a few timesin person. We can't this year due to my Mom's health, but we will watch the TV special when it airs.
kk99
Back to top Go down
Hopeful Henry
Host
Host
Hopeful Henry

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree 2008   Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree 2008 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 1:52 pm

Christmas at Rockefeller Center will be on at 8pm on Wednesday, December 3, 2008.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree 2008   Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree 2008 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree 2008
Page 1 of 1