Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help! I've been invited aboard QM2

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gerri
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Gerri

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-01-23

Help!  I've been invited aboard QM2 Empty
PostSubject: Help! I've been invited aboard QM2   Help!  I've been invited aboard QM2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 12:10 pm

I've been invited by a friend to join her on a Transatlantic sailing in June, 2009 Shocked . We'll be in England for a few days and then boarding Queen Mary 2 for a Southampton to New York sailing. How many formal gowns will I need? How does tipping work on Cunard? Can someone explain what an "obstructed balcony cabin" really means? Anything else you can provide is welcome. I am excited and nervous at the same time!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help! I've been invited aboard QM2   Help!  I've been invited aboard QM2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 12:47 pm

I believe it's 3 formal nights and tipping is automatic. In otherwords, they will charge tipping to your on-board account. Obstructed balcony means a lovely view of a lifeboat Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Peter M
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Peter M

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Help! I've been invited aboard QM2   Help!  I've been invited aboard QM2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 11:56 am

Gerri wrote:
I've been invited by a friend to join her on a Transatlantic sailing in June, 2009 Shocked . We'll be in England for a few days and then boarding Queen Mary 2 for a Southampton to New York sailing. How many formal gowns will I need? How does tipping work on Cunard? Can someone explain what an "obstructed balcony cabin" really means? Anything else you can provide is welcome. I am excited and nervous at the same time!

I think Derek pretty much covered everything. I'll just add that you can expect a wonderful experience, I sincerely hope you enjoy it!
Back to top Go down
Down The Shore Guy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Down The Shore Guy

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Help! I've been invited aboard QM2   Help!  I've been invited aboard QM2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 2:41 pm

Can I hide in your luggage? Wink
Back to top Go down
Andy The Sailor Man
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Andy The Sailor Man

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Help! I've been invited aboard QM2   Help!  I've been invited aboard QM2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 6:44 pm

lol! I was going to ask her the same thing!
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Help! I've been invited aboard QM2   Help!  I've been invited aboard QM2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 10:17 pm

Gerri, this is great news! You will love your sailing. The fashion thread has lots of ideas for what to wear. Here is a picture taken from the balcony of an obstructed view balcony: http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HtaxXQLRpPE/SDMSK5HKhlI/AAAAAAAABJQ/zGJN3Vv-5Y4/DSC00405.JPG

I spoke to a couple on my crossing who were staying in one of these and they said that they really liked it because it sheltered them more from the wind but were still able toget the sunshine and hear the waves.

Tipping is as Derek said, it is $11.00 per day and added to your shipboard account. Bar tabs and Spa services have a 15% gratuity added at time of rendering.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help! I've been invited aboard QM2   Help!  I've been invited aboard QM2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help! I've been invited aboard QM2
Page 1 of 1