Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

White Star Club aboard the new QE and maybe QM2

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cruise Liner Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-08-31

White Star Club aboard the new QE and maybe QM2 Empty
PostSubject: White Star Club aboard the new QE and maybe QM2   White Star Club aboard the new QE and maybe QM2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 7:07 pm

Since Cunard always refers to its White Star Service and its White Star Academy to train its crew,Why not use the name White Star Club or even White Star Lounge for the nightclub aboard the new Queen Elizabeth and even go as far as redesigning the G32 Club aboard the QM2,get rid of the industrial look of the G32 Club,And redecorate the club to look like a combination of the Yacht Club aboard QE2 and Hemispheres aboard Queen Victoria and of course rename the nightclub aboard QM2 to The White Star Club or The White Star Lounge.Anyone here agree with my ideas? Regards,Jerry
Back to top Go down
Beyondships
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Beyondships

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-04-16

White Star Club aboard the new QE and maybe QM2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Star Club aboard the new QE and maybe QM2   White Star Club aboard the new QE and maybe QM2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 11:13 am

The reason for naming the nightclub G32 was that the original name for the nightclub on QE2 was its shipyard number and thus they named the nightclub on QM2 after QM2's shipyard number to follow tradition. Of course, the shipyard number is no longer used on QE2 so there is precedent for changing the name.

Cunard did not follow precedent in naming the nightclub on QV, i.e. Hemispheres. The name suits the room which is semicircular. Since the new Queen Elizabeth will resemeble QV, I would not be surprised if they continue to call the nightclub Hemispheres.
Back to top Go down
http://www.beyondships.com

White Star Club aboard the new QE and maybe QM2
Page 1 of 1