Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Idea - Book Discussion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Idea - Book Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Idea - Book Discussion   Idea - Book Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 9:33 am

I have an idea and wanted to see how many would be interested. Cruise Line Fan has brought our attention to a new book about Cunard Captain John Treasure Jones. Would anyone be interested in reading this book and then having a discussion about it on the Christmas sailing in 2009?
Back to top Go down
Andy The Sailor Man
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Andy The Sailor Man

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Idea - Book Discussion   Idea - Book Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 11:30 am

Actually Patrick that's an excellent suggestion. I'd certainly be interested. Anyone else?
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Idea - Book Discussion   Idea - Book Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 2:47 pm

I love to read! Over coffee in Sir Samuels anyone?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com
Andy The Sailor Man
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Andy The Sailor Man

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Idea - Book Discussion   Idea - Book Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 5:47 pm

AmbianceTraveler wrote:
I love to read! Over coffee in Sir Samuels anyone?
I was going to suggest the Commodore Club but, Sir Samuels works just as well if not better!
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Idea - Book Discussion   Idea - Book Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 6:22 pm

I guess it will depend on how many people end up reading the book, the Commodore Club has more space but I think Sir Samuel's just shouts "Book Club Corner". That's just me though Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com
Leanna N
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Leanna N

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Idea - Book Discussion   Idea - Book Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 7:04 pm

Count me in too - after all I am a school librarian - have to set a good example for the kids! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea - Book Discussion   Idea - Book Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 8:21 pm

Leanna N wrote:
after all I am a school librarian
yeah for the Librarian!!!! Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea - Book Discussion   Idea - Book Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 8:24 pm

And you guys thought I married her just because she can cook! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cruise Liner Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Idea - Book Discussion   Idea - Book Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 10:44 am

I am interested too.First I 'm going to have to save money to pay for the deposit for the Christmas 2009 cruise.I'll even bring this other book titled "Captain of the Queens" written by Cunard Commodore Harry Grattidge in 1953.The book is about Commodore Grattidge's career at sea including being in command of the first 2 Cunard Queens,Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth.Commodore Grattidge was even the technical advisor for the Titanic movie A Night to Remember.Regards,Jerry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea - Book Discussion   Idea - Book Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 4:43 pm

Giving this a bump up so people can find the book discussion so they know the book to purchase.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea - Book Discussion   Idea - Book Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 8:47 pm

Since there are so many more who have joined us and this post got pushed back, I thought I'd bump it up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea - Book Discussion   Idea - Book Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 8:52 pm

Jerry, can you help us out, I can't find the thread with the book title. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Peter M
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Peter M

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Idea - Book Discussion   Idea - Book Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 9:04 pm

Yes, I'd like the title of the book too please!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idea - Book Discussion   Idea - Book Discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Idea - Book Discussion
Page 1 of 1