Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Freeks with Beeks - London Pre-Cruise Discussion

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Freeks with Beeks - London Pre-Cruise Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Freeks with Beeks - London Pre-Cruise Discussion   Freeks with Beeks - London Pre-Cruise Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 11:38 am

Ok all you Freeks with Beeks Razz What do we want to do in London and let's start tossing ideas around for hotels. I can't believe I might be doing this itinerary twice in one year (this sailing and the QE Inaugural is also the Canary Islands) but, oh well. I'm not complaining Wink

We've been to London a few times and my suggestions for activities:
Also how many nights pre-cruise do we want as far as hotel? My vote, at least two.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freeks with Beeks - London Pre-Cruise Discussion   Freeks with Beeks - London Pre-Cruise Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 11:40 am

all i can say is - knock yourself out nick on cunard but you won't see my a** on it.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Freeks with Beeks - London Pre-Cruise Discussion   Freeks with Beeks - London Pre-Cruise Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 11:43 am

I've got some family going on the QE....
They are very excited!
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Freeks with Beeks - London Pre-Cruise Discussion   Freeks with Beeks - London Pre-Cruise Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 12:02 pm

Pat you don't know what you're missing! Pete, are you coming on QE or don't you have the time? I'm not sure if we're going or not. We're already committed to this sailing. So the plan is - we're booking QE, if Leanna gets laid off, then we go Very Happy . If she doesn't then we pass. Crying or Very sad

Anyhow what do YOU GUYS want to do in London????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freeks with Beeks - London Pre-Cruise Discussion   Freeks with Beeks - London Pre-Cruise Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 12:17 pm

ok what is a little convoluted here? if she gets laid off we're spending a boatload - no pun intended - on a cruise to the canary islands and the QE? now did you or didn't you book with candy already?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freeks with Beeks - London Pre-Cruise Discussion   Freeks with Beeks - London Pre-Cruise Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 12:29 pm

Pat it's a time issue, not a financial issue. So, if Leanna gets chopped because of the city budget cuts with the schools, then we are free to go on as many trips in 2010 as we can fit in. If, however, she does keep her job, we'll let QE go. And, yes we're booked on Freeks with Beeks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freeks with Beeks - London Pre-Cruise Discussion   Freeks with Beeks - London Pre-Cruise Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 12:35 pm

well at least we'll be on canary islands together.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freeks with Beeks - London Pre-Cruise Discussion   Freeks with Beeks - London Pre-Cruise Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 2:22 pm

Hi everyone,
I agree with Nick, at least 2 nights precruise in London , then travel to Southhampton by private charter, or 2 nights in London(at least) and then one night at the De Vere in Southhampton. I don't know yet whether I'll be staying at the hotel in London or with friends, so I'll be happy to go along with whatever the majority wants. I've stayed in several of the London hotels, so mostly you just want to get what is centrally located and nice. The London Eye is a great thing to do when its a clear day , as the views over London are great. I like the food halls at Harrods, the shopping is okay, I'm more of a Harvey Nicks store person, luckily, it's just down the street from Harrods. I think that for the history buffs, the British Museum(free entrance) is great for its Roman, Egyptian and Greek artifacts. http://www.britishmuseum.org/ Winston Churchill's underground cabinet war room bunkers are very interesting as well. http://cwr.iwm.org.uk/
The Tower of London http://www.hrp.org.uk/toweroflondon/ has a twilight tour that is great, especially is you combine it with the free Ceremony of the Keys which takes place at 9:53 p.m. every evening(it's a 10 minute thing) where they lock up all of the gates to the Tower as they have done for 700 years. You have to get tickets 2 months in advance for the ceremony, but it is free.

London Walks www.walks.com is a respected tour company where guides take you on various walks around London where you get more on an insider's perspective on interesting things in London.

The London theatre is great, especially London comedies. They have great dialogue and great wit to them. London also has musicals that debut there first before coming to the U.S. It's a great way to spend an evening.

Everyone should go to a local pub, and have a pint!

I'll defer to the members who are locals about restaurant choices. There are numerous restaurants that are wonderful in London. TimeOut London http://www.timeout.com/london/ gives you a good overview of what's going on in London for the week.
The royal parks should be in full spring bloom, and are always great to walk through. I'll be just be happy visiting one of my favorite cities again.
Kelcie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freeks with Beeks - London Pre-Cruise Discussion   Freeks with Beeks - London Pre-Cruise Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 2:39 pm

now wait - kelcie - you are going on this one and the other one a few weeks apart? jeez - you guys - can i get a job with you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freeks with Beeks - London Pre-Cruise Discussion   Freeks with Beeks - London Pre-Cruise Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 6:55 pm

No, Pat, I'm not going on anything in 2010 until this trip. I cancelled another trip I had deposited because I wanted to go on the Eclipse more! I definitely think you cruise more than me! I'm glad for anyone who can cruise. The goal for me is to be able to travel more and on shorter notice!
Kelcie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freeks with Beeks - London Pre-Cruise Discussion   Freeks with Beeks - London Pre-Cruise Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 9:22 pm

i think if you can travel on short notice you can get better deals
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Freeks with Beeks - London Pre-Cruise Discussion   Freeks with Beeks - London Pre-Cruise Discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Freeks with Beeks - London Pre-Cruise Discussion
Page 1 of 1