Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

River Cruisers - Meet Here

Go down 
+18
NDJollyMon
Hopeful Henry
Colorado Gal
Crystal Cruiser
Andy The Sailor Man
Pasta Lover
Westchester Cruiser
The Really Odd Couple
4 Leaf Clover
I Cruise Do You Cruise
AlwaysReadyToCruise
Murray S
Dr Donna
D D'Angelo
IliveontheLIE
Boca Brats
thevacationstop
The Sophisticated Cat
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
I Cruise Do You Cruise
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
I Cruise Do You Cruise

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-09-11

River Cruisers - Meet Here - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: River Cruisers - Meet Here   River Cruisers - Meet Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 4:21 pm

Boca Brats wrote:
Well, nice to see activity on here finally! I will also second the idea of a Food and Wine theme, excellent suggestion! Couldn't think of a better theme! Here's an itinerary I would personally like to take: http://www.vikingrivercruises.com/us/cruises/GET/09AMSBUD14/VLE/itinerary.aspx

Or something similar...

As far as dates - I'd say mid to late July - late September

That's a very interesting itinerary!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: River Cruisers - Meet Here   River Cruisers - Meet Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 6:22 pm

Now we need to see what year!
Back to top Go down
Murray S
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Murray S

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2007-09-20

PostSubject: Re: River Cruisers - Meet Here   River Cruisers - Meet Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 6:34 pm

Any reason we can't aim for 2010? There is nothing scheduled between the Princess cruise for 4th of July through the fall of 2010 for the new QE inaugural and, from the scuttlebutt I've seen that should be in October...

Why not go for late July 2010?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: River Cruisers - Meet Here   River Cruisers - Meet Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 6:47 pm

That might just work for me - love the Food and Wine idea - I'll spread the word on the Cunard board. Hope you can make this a go for July/August/September 2010 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
4 Leaf Clover
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
4 Leaf Clover

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: River Cruisers - Meet Here   River Cruisers - Meet Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 8:40 pm

FormerlySanFranBayCruiser wrote:
That might just work for me - love the Food and Wine idea - I'll spread the word on the Cunard board. Hope you can make this a go for July/August/September 2010 Very Happy

Same here - will keep an eye on this thread and see how things develop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: River Cruisers - Meet Here   River Cruisers - Meet Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 9:22 am

A European river cruise in 2010 in July, August, September? That's a yes for my parents and probably me too. I also like the Food and Wine theme!
Back to top Go down
The Sophisticated Cat
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
The Sophisticated Cat

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: River Cruisers - Meet Here   River Cruisers - Meet Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 6:10 pm

I'm very curious to find out the results of the survey - when we are cruising, which river, etc Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Really Odd Couple
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
The Really Odd Couple

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: Re: River Cruisers - Meet Here   River Cruisers - Meet Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 1:28 pm

What is the typical deposit for a River Cruise? We're interested!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: River Cruisers - Meet Here   River Cruisers - Meet Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 4:15 am

I've been missing all of you...took a few days and traveled to beautiful MICHIGAN...wow the beautiful fall colors are just starting there. Halloween It was a refreshing trip to get into the fall temperatures and out of the Phoenix heat for a bit. We came back to some cooler evenings now just beginning... so the good weather is coming to Arizona..yeh!

I expect we will get the details about the River boat charter/group soon. The more discussion that happens the better just to hear what interested folks are thinking and what their desire is....

Hello OSCAR AND FELIX (I didn't know the Odd couple still were around) nice meeting you and hope you will be joining us on this River Boat Cruise. Your question...Depending on the boat company a typical deposit is about $500 per person based on a double occupancy. Have you been on a river boat cruise before? IF so where? I would love to hear.

For Sophisticated Cat.... I too am anxious to hear the results of the survey ... I'm sure it will be known within a week. Tina is working hard on it I know.
Back to top Go down
Westchester Cruiser
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: River Cruisers - Meet Here   River Cruisers - Meet Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 11:34 am

Well I am one of the ones that voted - would love to cruise the Rhine just about anytime both 2009 and 2010 or even 2011 work for me. I'll be traveling solo but, may find a companion to join me before we go.

My question is how do the River Cruise companies rate? I've been trying to find out and read as many reviews as I can find but, there just isn't much info out there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: River Cruisers - Meet Here   River Cruisers - Meet Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 7:05 pm

I just wanted to nudge everyone a little and update you as to the status of our river boat cruise. A 14 day river boat cruise between Budapest and Amsterdam in July is being looked at right now either 2009 or 2010. This is certainly a geography lesson and is fun! Some of the rivers we may be on are the Danube, Mein/Danube canal, Mein and Rhine. A great Wine/Food theme area, don't you think?! There are several river boat companies that are being looked at and it all depends on the terms we can get for the CruiseFreeks. We have gotten a very good response and a charter may be in order here so we wish to proceed slowly and get the right one. Keep your comments and questions coming. The more conversation the more fun it will be! We are moving along! :flying:
Back to top Go down
Dr Donna
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-10-30

PostSubject: Re: River Cruisers - Meet Here   River Cruisers - Meet Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 7:15 pm

Well I am certainly interested - love the Wine and Food theme and there is just something appealing to me about trying a River Cruise at this point in my life - it sounds so peaceful...

I think my only question is - WHEN! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: River Cruisers - Meet Here   River Cruisers - Meet Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 7:21 pm

Hi, Dr Donna
We should know the end of the week....stay tuned and I'd love to have THEE Doctor on board! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pasta Lover
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Pasta Lover

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: River Cruisers - Meet Here   River Cruisers - Meet Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 7:22 pm

Food and Wine Theme? I'm interested but, need dates!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: River Cruisers - Meet Here   River Cruisers - Meet Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 7:32 pm

lol! PASTA LOVER... you better change your name to Brats and Sauerkraut Lover on this cruise:lol!:
Back to top Go down
The Really Odd Couple
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
The Really Odd Couple

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: Re: River Cruisers - Meet Here   River Cruisers - Meet Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 8:41 pm

Friendly Cruises wrote:
I've been missing all of you...took a few days and traveled to beautiful MICHIGAN...wow the beautiful fall colors are just starting there. Halloween It was a refreshing trip to get into the fall temperatures and out of the Phoenix heat for a bit. We came back to some cooler evenings now just beginning... so the good weather is coming to Arizona..yeh!

I expect we will get the details about the River boat charter/group soon. The more discussion that happens the better just to hear what interested folks are thinking and what their desire is....

Hello OSCAR AND FELIX (I didn't know the Odd couple still were around) nice meeting you and hope you will be joining us on this River Boat Cruise. Your question...Depending on the boat company a typical deposit is about $500 per person based on a double occupancy. Have you been on a river boat cruise before? IF so where? I would love to hear.

For Sophisticated Cat.... I too am anxious to hear the results of the survey ... I'm sure it will be known within a week. Tina is working hard on it I know.

This would be our first time on a River Cruise but, would love to explore the Rhine and all the wonderful towns along it's way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: River Cruisers - Meet Here   River Cruisers - Meet Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 12:52 am

The Really Odd Couple wrote:
[This would be our first time on a River Cruise but, would love to explore the Rhine and all the wonderful towns along it's way.

YES YES...that is why river boat cruises are so great! Explore! details Coming soon......
Back to top Go down
Pasta Lover
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Pasta Lover

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: River Cruisers - Meet Here   River Cruisers - Meet Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 12:09 pm

Friendly Cruises wrote:
lol! PASTA LOVER... you better change your name to Brats and Sauerkraut Lover on this cruise:lol!:

lol! I see that there is 2009 River Cruise in the works - July works well for me but, I do have several questions:

1. What happens during the evenings? Is socializing/talking the main event or do they have some type of entertainment? It doesn't really matter but, I'd like to be in the right mind set to avoid disappointment
  2. Any discount if we book both the River Cruise and the Crystal Cruise?
  3. How extensive are the walking tours? I know I'll be bringing my parents along if I book and while neither of them are disabled, they are up there in years (very late 70s) and, I don't want them to be exhausted by being led on a tour with an energetic 20 year old who won't take their age and pace into consideration.
  4. What is going to happen in the gap between the two cruises? Will we be on our own or will you be organizing some type of tour that includes transfers from Amsterdam to Copenhagen?
  5. Are VISAs required? If so, where do we obtain them?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: River Cruisers - Meet Here   River Cruisers - Meet Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 3:37 pm

Hi, Pasta Lover
1.The evenings are pretty low keyed on the river boat. After full days of touring generally it is dinner and socializing. They do have a lounge for dancing with music and definately are focused on bringing the local entertainment on board along the river. They have a small one gambling table but count on socializing as the main thing.

2. We are discounting the river boat and offering a free one night hotel in Copenhagen for those doing both but are still working on the "in between" details if you will be taking both trips. Definately we will reserve the transportation between the two cities for you.

3.The daily motor coach tours on the river boat vary in activity levels and yes each will be different as far as the walking involved. The cruiseline is very good as to keeping the travelers informed daily as to the difficulty or ease of the tour.

4. We will be embarking in Budapest on 19July and disembarking the riverboat on August 2, 2009 in Amsterdam. As you know the 2, and 3 of August can be spent in either city. The 4 of August is at the Copenhagen hotel, Raddison SAS Royal and we as yet have not got the hotel plans made for 2 and 3 August. Definately we want every traveler to know they have options. We would love your input. This next week keep an eye on our postings as we will be posting the two day optional ideas. If you intend on sailing on one or both of these cruises it is important to state your wishes now.

5. No visa is required for the river boat. A Visa in Russia will be a blanket one provided by Crystal UNLESS you wish to go off the ship without the use of their tours. Then you will need to obtain a Russian Visa and the information to do that will be provided with the Crystal paperwork when making that reservation.

This will definately be a time to remember! Hope you "all" can make it. Keep those comments and suggestions coming.... We are taking reservations now.
Back to top Go down
Andy The Sailor Man
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Andy The Sailor Man

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: River Cruisers - Meet Here   River Cruisers - Meet Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 1:32 pm

Very, very interesting - you'll probably be hearing from me shortly
Back to top Go down
Crystal Cruiser
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Crystal Cruiser

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: Re: River Cruisers - Meet Here   River Cruisers - Meet Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 4:04 pm

Ok, now I just have to figure out how to get away for three weeks in a row!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: River Cruisers - Meet Here   River Cruisers - Meet Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 9:09 pm

Hi, Crystal Cruiser! I hope it works for you. If you can do both the river boat and the Baltic, there are some early payment dates that can save you money. It best you call and discuss this when you are ready. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: River Cruisers - Meet Here   River Cruisers - Meet Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 9:15 pm

Hi, Andy the Sailor Man....glad to hear from you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: River Cruisers - Meet Here   River Cruisers - Meet Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:57 am

To answer some of the extension and transfer questions for this European River boat cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam July 19-Aug 2, 2009 here are some ideas.

A hotel suggestion if you would like to extend your stay in Amsterdam is the 5 Star Hilton close to the disembarkation area. Right now the price is showing about $267 per night. Those considering going on both the River boat ending in Amsterdam on Aug 2 can easily get to Copenhagen daily on a short airline flight on SAS for about $149 per person. The train is about a 16 hour trip and there is an overnight sleeper train ranging in price from $123-$482 depending on your class of service choice. We will reserve these options for you at time of reservation of the cruise. Just let me know what you prefer and we will reserve it for you. The more I research and look at these brochures the more excited I get.... I do hope you all can take advantage of this Cruise Freek Grand European River boat sailing!

Here is the link telling you about the river cruise: http://rivercruise2009.makeswebsites.com/

Here is the link telling you about the Baltic Cruise just 4 days after the river boat one: http://crystalsymphony09.makeswebsites.com/
It is time to decide if you can because of the air specials that are going on.... hope it works!
Back to top Go down
Colorado Gal
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: River Cruisers - Meet Here   River Cruisers - Meet Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 12:23 pm

Are you open for booking on both Crystal Symphony and the River Cruise at this point? We'd like to deposit soon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: River Cruisers - Meet Here   River Cruisers - Meet Here - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

River Cruisers - Meet Here
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next