Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nina a question about group air

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Nina a question about group air Empty
PostSubject: Nina a question about group air   Nina a question about group air Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 1:50 pm

Nina, assuming there is an Inaugural sailing for the new Queen Elizabeth in the fall of 2010 Rolling Eyes . I have a strange question. I know most airlines do offer group rates. Knowing the majority of the people on the Cunard boards, I know most us will be flying First/Business/Upper Class. Any chance the airlines give group rates for Business/First/Upper Class?
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Nina a question about group air   Nina a question about group air Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 10:30 pm

Hi Christina,

The airlines don't usually allow group air in those classes because of the limited availablity of the seats per craft. Group minimum is typically 10 seats and some of these aircraft only have 10-12 depending on the type that they can not afford to have tied up in a group contract.

However, I have very good contacts for this level of air service, particularly with Virgin Atlantic and can secure some excellent rates especially if booked well in advance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com

PostSubject: Re: Nina a question about group air   Nina a question about group air Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 6:02 pm

I'll have to reaffirm what Nina said - since group contracts typically don't require payment in full up front, the airlines don't like to tie up First Class seats (limited as they are) in group contracts - so anyone wanting to fly Biz/1st Class will need to pay for it up front, and hopefully get some good rates through Nina's contracts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nina a question about group air   Nina a question about group air Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 1:23 pm

Figured as much... So anyone want to fly Virgin Atlantic with me? I'm willing to fly out of either JFK or EWR
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nina a question about group air   Nina a question about group air Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nina a question about group air
Page 1 of 1