Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV

Go down 
+3
Down The Shore Guy
AmbianceTraveler
Pam M
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pam M
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Pam M

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV Empty
PostSubject: Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV   Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 10:52 am

Hi everyone!

A very good afternoon to you from a very pleasant, mostly sunny London. It's about 2:40 in the afternoon on Tuesday and, this is my first Live Report. Our flight on Virgin Atlantic from Miami to London was an absolute delight. We flew Upper Class and it was worth every penny. From the flat bed to service, it was truly a worthwhile experience.

We checked in to the Royal Garden Hotel and, amazingly, our room was ready upon our arrival. Here's the hotel link: http://www.royalgardenhotel.co.uk/ We are situated right across the street from Hyde Park and, we are thrilled with our accommodations.

Tonight we head out for an evening performance of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, a show not currently running on Broadway. We've had several recommendations for Da Mario's (Italian) for dinner so we will venture to try it with our fingers crossed.

Well, I'm off to rest up a bit before getting ready to head out this evening. I will report again tomorrow!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV   Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 11:01 am

Pam, sounds wonderful so far and I agree, I LOVE Virgin Atlantic and actually prefer them over BA. Just my own personal quirk Smile Enjoy the show and let us know about the restaurant! Drop some money on Bond Street for me!
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV   Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 11:28 am

Thanks for the first report! Sounds like you are making the most of your time in London, I'm sure you'll have a great time tonight!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com

PostSubject: Re: Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV   Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 3:40 pm

Have a great time Pam! Thanks for the report and I'm with you, I love Virgin Atlantic too! Love the on-board bar in Upper Class!
Back to top Go down
Pam M
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Pam M

PostSubject: Re: Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV   Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 9:32 am

Good Wednesday afternoon to all, I'm happy you're enjoying the live reports so far Very Happy

I have begun uploading photos, I hope this link works:
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com/gallery/Personal-album-of-Pam-M/Personal-album-of-Pam-M-cat_u347.htm

We had a wonderful time at the theater and Da Mario's was as good as everyone claimed! It's a very small restaurant but, the food was excellent. Off to do some more sightseeing!
Back to top Go down
Down The Shore Guy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Down The Shore Guy

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV   Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 10:11 am

The link is working great Pam. Boy, you weren't kidding when you say the restaurant is small!! But, they're usually the ones with the best food. Glad it worked out well for you. Keep the reports coming, we're enjoying them!
Back to top Go down
becktours
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
becktours

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV   Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 12:17 pm

Great pictures Pam!! I can't wait to see more photos and hear about your trip!
Back to top Go down
http://www.becktours.com

PostSubject: Re: Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV   Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 12:22 pm

Thanks Pam! The photos are great but, more please!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV   Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 10:31 am

Looking forward to report from QV! So glad you're enjoying London. It is a fabulous city!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV   Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 6:38 pm

Don't leave us hanging Pam! We want more!
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV   Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 10:27 pm

Are you having such a good time that there is no time to update us? lol!
Back to top Go down
Pam M
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Pam M

PostSubject: Re: Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV   Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 11:51 am

Hi Everyone,

Sorry to keep you hanging! We had a fabulous time in London and really didn't slow down enough to post. Anyhow, GREETINGS from the very beautiful Queen Victoria. Boarding was an absolute breeze and, I've been running around like a crazy woman snapping photos while the ship remains relatively empty. I would highly recommend that we try to create a group sailing on QV, and, if this Baltics sailing turns out half as well as everyone keeps telling me, I'll probably book it again myself.

I have to tell you the connection here is slow, but, I will get as many photos up as I can, as fast as I can. I'm so thrilled to be here and, there appear to be lots of beautiful hotels here in Southampton (that's a hint for the QE Inaugural). It's a bit cool here today and very overcast but that isn't dampening my mood one bit.

Well off I go to try to start uploading photos, again, it's a slow connection bare with me!

Pam
Back to top Go down
Pam M
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Pam M

PostSubject: Re: Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV   Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 12:20 pm

Back to top Go down
Shelia
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Shelia

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV   Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 12:31 pm

Sigh, can't wait until I'm aboard a Cunard ship again. The beauty, the service, everything makes all other lines pale by comparison.

Thank you for the photos Pam, I am enjoying them and your reports!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV   Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 1:15 pm

Great photos Pam, keep them coming!
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV   Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 12:32 am

Thanks so much for taking the time to upload the pictures. They are much appreciated! I look forward to hearing more soon Smile
Back to top Go down
Pam M
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Pam M

PostSubject: Re: Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV   Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 12:42 pm

Hi everyone!

Belgium was incredible and I am sorry I only had one day in port. We did our own tour and where ever our feet took us that's where we went. The Royal Grand Palace must been seen and, I know my photos are not doing it justice. And, the gardens are lush and beautiful. It was a wonderful day and I can't wait to return to explore more of Brussels. Triva: Did you know French Fries were invented in Belgium? And they fry them twice! And, I can say they probably are the best fries I've ever eaten! And, let's not forget about the chocolates! Oh, yes, I need to return to Belgium! Very Happy

It's been wonderful on-board QV - the service, the food, even the cabin - no complaints. I know that there are those who sail Cunard that think that QE2 is the one and only but, there is much to be said about a newer ship. I've been very pleasantly surprised and I, personally, would recommend QV to almost anyone. The only ones she will disappoint are the QE2 loyalist. However, with time, QV will gain as much history and fond memories as QE2 and, I'm sure QV will have a long list of loyalist too. I hate to say it, I believe I like QV better than QM2, it's smaller and a bit more personal. Not that I don't enjoy QM2 but, Queen Victoria is excellent in providing a more intimate feeling.

Ok, I'm off to upload photos and tomorrow is another day at sea so I will get as many up as possible!
Back to top Go down
Pam M
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Pam M

PostSubject: Re: Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV   Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 12:54 pm

Back to top Go down
NOB
Resident Expert - Fashions
Resident Expert - Fashions
NOB

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV   Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 5:40 pm

Thanks for the photos Pam, I've been following your review and have it enjoyed it so far.

Neil
Back to top Go down
Down The Shore Guy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Down The Shore Guy

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV   Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 3:56 pm

Really enjoying the photos and reports Pam. We're all talking about the Baltics for 2011!
Back to top Go down
Pam M
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Pam M

PostSubject: Re: Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV   Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 4:58 pm

Hi Everyone,

It's just about 10PM here and I'll give more details and photos tomorrow but, had to let you know Gdansk, Poland was very beautiful and the people were absolutely delightful. I promise to fill you in tomorrow Very Happy It's been a fabulous trip and, I very much want to take this itinerary again to see all the sights I missed this time!
Back to top Go down
Murray S
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Murray S

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2007-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV   Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 8:10 pm

Pam M wrote:
Hi Everyone,

It's just about 10PM here and I'll give more details and photos tomorrow but, had to let you know Gdansk, Poland was very beautiful and the people were absolutely delightful. I promise to fill you in tomorrow Very Happy It's been a fabulous trip and, I very much want to take this itinerary again to see all the sights I missed this time!

Glad you're enjoying yourself. Looking forward to more photos!
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV   Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 11:07 am

Loving the updates and look forward to more of your photos!
Back to top Go down
Pam M
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Pam M

PostSubject: Re: Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV   Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 10:46 am

Hi all! Sorry I didn't get on sooner to update you all. Anyhow, GREETINGS FROM ST. PETERSBURG, RUSSIA! I am in awe - I'm afraid my words and photos will not do this city justice. Estonia was wonderful yesterday but, this is absolutely spectacular!

Today I went to The Hermitage and this evening we're going on a private tour that includes dinner. Tomorrow will be a tour of the cathedrals and shopping.

I'm off to upload photos and when I get more time, I will start writing my full review. This itinerary is an absolute must do!
Back to top Go down
Pam M
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Pam M

PostSubject: Re: Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV   Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 11:10 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV   Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pam M's Live Report from Cunard QV
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next