Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Changes to pre-cruise packages

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Changes to pre-cruise packages Empty
PostSubject: Changes to pre-cruise packages   Changes to pre-cruise packages Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 3:55 pm

Hi All,

I wanted to discuss some possible changes to the pre-cruise offers based on a couple of things. Let me know your thoughts, suggestions or comments.

Hotels

While at first the Library Hotel was excited to work with us and were quick to give us some pricing they have since proved a little difficult to work with and still haven't provided us with a contract. So, to keep the ball rolling I inquired for space at the Grand Hyatt New York which is adjacent to Grand Central Station and just blocks from the Library Hotel. They are offering a broader range of room options with good prices and we can have a contract this week. WhatI would like to do is secure some rooms there as well as at the Library and offer both as an option. I think the Library is just working out price changes and possiblity space issues for next year yet which is the reason for the stall. At the same time, for those who need quad rooms the Hyatt offers more options.

Pre-cruise dinners

After looking at the locations of Bobby Van's and Rosie O'Grady's it makes more sense to switch which sailing they go with. Bobby Van's Grill location on W 50th is literally 417ft (according to Google Earth) from Radio City Music Hall which is of course just steps from Rockefeller Plaza. Even in winter an easy walk (and probably needed after dinner!). Also, Rosie's 46th street location is within a short summer's walk from Shubert Theater for Spamalot. Putting things within an easy walk would save quite a bit in the cost and time hassle of transfering with buses. Obviously, for those with mobility issues cabs would be called. We would still have mini-buses to take us from the hotels to the restuarant and back to the hotels after the show and then a motor coach to take us to the pier the next day.

Comments?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com

PostSubject: Re: Changes to pre-cruise packages   Changes to pre-cruise packages Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 4:29 pm

While I don't need a hotel, the Hyatt is an excellent back up choice Nina. I'm sure there won't be any complaints.

And, I certainly have no problem with interchanging the restaurants both are very good, and, yes it does make more sense to have the restaurants within walking distance and it's a quick walk at that Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Changes to pre-cruise packages   Changes to pre-cruise packages Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 4:43 pm

Nina, I've stayed at the Hyatt Grand Central many times. I have no issues with the switch. And, I agree with Marina about the restaurants, if it makes more sense to switch them, then by all means. I think we're all looking forward to the social aspects, not just the food Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Changes to pre-cruise packages   Changes to pre-cruise packages Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 9:17 am

Agreed - no problem swapping the restaurants.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Changes to pre-cruise packages   Changes to pre-cruise packages Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 12:09 pm

Either restaurant is fine, I agree with Derek, it's the social aspect that make it special.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changes to pre-cruise packages   Changes to pre-cruise packages Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Changes to pre-cruise packages
Page 1 of 1