Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here

Go down 
+59
Archie
D D'Angelo
Jill T
AlwaysReadyToCruise
Momma Mia
Green Irish Eyes
Roxie
Good Golly Molly
Hopeful Henry
David C
Ronnie
Lilly
Qbert
Just Me
Pasta Lover
SundayInThePark
Boca Brats
Andrew
diaz loves 2 cruise
Dr Donna
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
Josh
Dee
Charlie Tuna
Scorpio Gal
NYC Teacher
IliveontheLIE
Premierjp
The Sophisticated Cat
I Cruise Do You Cruise
Ugly Betty Fan
Anna Banana
BedrockBoaters
Single Dad
Cruiser Brooke
Pet Vet Assistant
Joe Kelly NJ
Miriam R
Da Bronx Bombers Fan
Cruiser Marie
Czech Mate
Kim T
Lets Go
Chadds Ford Traveler
BB
Yellow Labs Rule
Long Island Mom
4 Leaf Clover
becktours
Big Red Robyn
Cruising Diva
Tommy Bahamas
Princess Cruiser
Stowaway
Lisa D
Kenny's CoWorker
Diamond Dave
Cold Weather Cruiser
Gerri
63 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
becktours
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
becktours

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here   Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:17 pm

Just Me wrote:
Princess? Brooklyn? 4th of July week in 2010? I'm in! How do I get prices, etc?

Hi Just Me!! Princess will not let me openly advertise the rates yet, but you can pm me or email me at jeanie@becktours.com for categories and prices!
Back to top Go down
http://www.becktours.com
IliveontheLIE
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
IliveontheLIE

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here   Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 5:22 pm

Enjoyed your review of Norwegian Sky Jeanie. I've always been a little worried about trying NCL, I've heard so many mixed reviews.

**Sigh** So long just to wait to book this one and then we still have a wait....
Back to top Go down
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
Charter Member
Charter Member
Cruise Virgin Vinnie

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here   Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 7:38 pm

IliveontheLIE wrote:
Enjoyed your review of Norwegian Sky Jeanie. I've always been a little worried about trying NCL, I've heard so many mixed reviews.

**Sigh** So long just to wait to book this one and then we still have a wait....

I know but we have other things to occupy the time until July, 2010. Look at it this way, we're already in August, 2008. Before you know, it will be April and we'll be booking and then we can kick into high gear and really start planning some fun on-board!
Back to top Go down
Big Red Robyn
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Big Red Robyn

Number of posts : 408
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here   Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 9:02 am

Cruise Virgin Vinnie wrote:
IliveontheLIE wrote:

I know but we have other things to occupy the time until July, 2010. Look at it this way, we're already in August, 2008. Before you know, it will be April and we'll be booking and then we can kick into high gear and really start planning some fun on-board!

Exactly and, of course, I'm sure most of us have cruises between now and then and that helps too! Is anyone else beside me and Vinnie planning on both Caribbean Princess in July and Explorer of the Seas for Christmas in 2010?
Back to top Go down
Princess Cruiser
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Princess Cruiser

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here   Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 2:47 pm

Still thinking about Explorer... But the 4th of July, oh yes, I'll be on board!
Back to top Go down
Yellow Labs Rule
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Yellow Labs Rule

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here   Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 4:13 pm

4th of July is perfect, isn't it? What better week for vacation!
Back to top Go down
Gerri
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Gerri

Number of posts : 69

PostSubject: Re: Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here   Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 9:46 am

Summer is my best time for vacations - I'm a teacher...
Back to top Go down
Joe Kelly NJ
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Joe Kelly NJ

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here   Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 2:46 pm

Jeanie, I have a question. I'm planning on booking the 4th of July sailing in 2010, now if I want to take advantage of future cruise sales and lock another (future) cruise in on-board, can I specifically request that you are my TA. How does that work exactly? I've often been tempted to do it but, always held back because I wanted the say in who is my TA or worse if Princess would hold the reservation and not let me transfer it to the TA of my choice.
Back to top Go down
becktours
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
becktours

PostSubject: Re: Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here   Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 3:07 pm

Joe Kelly NJ wrote:
Jeanie, I have a question. I'm planning on booking the 4th of July sailing in 2010, now if I want to take advantage of future cruise sales and lock another (future) cruise in on-board, can I specifically request that you are my TA. How does that work exactly? I've often been tempted to do it but, always held back because I wanted the say in who is my TA or worse if Princess would hold the reservation and not let me transfer it to the TA of my choice.

Hi Joe,

Are you planning to take a Princess cruise before our cruise opens for bookings? If you are just putting down your future cruise deposit, I don't believe Princess will even ask you for my information. They will just give you a FCC (future cruise credit) # and you would give that to me when you are ready to book the 2010 sailing with me.
But if you are talking about putting down a future cruise credit while you are sailing with us on the Princess 2010 cruise, you can absolutely put my name down as your TA. You will be given a choice when you put down your FCC if you would like to keep me as your TA or not.
Back to top Go down
Joe Kelly NJ
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Joe Kelly NJ

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here   Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 3:14 pm

That's exactly what I was asking! When I'm on board for our 4th of July 2010 sailing, I want to be able to keep you as my TA. So, I just tell them when I'm in there, right?
Back to top Go down
becktours
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
becktours

PostSubject: Re: Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here   Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 4:03 pm

That's right Joe!!!! Just let them know you'd like to keep me listed as your TA! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pet Vet Assistant
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Pet Vet Assistant

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here   Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 4:39 pm

Jeanie can we start depositing for the land portion yet?
Back to top Go down
becktours
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
becktours

PostSubject: Re: Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here   Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 5:18 pm

You can contact me if you would like to put your deposit down for the land portion. Keep in mind the rates are still subject to change, 2010 prices have yet to come out.
But for now you can put down a $150 per person deposit. If the hotels want anymore later, I will let you know.
Call me whenever you want to put down your deposit for the pre-cruise package.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here   Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 6:22 pm

Wow, this group is shaping up nicely! I'd say you're going to have a sell out Very Happy I know you can't publicly tell us pricing but, can you tell us the itinerary or should I PM you for that info?
Back to top Go down
becktours
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
becktours

PostSubject: Re: Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here   Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 6:37 pm

The itinerary has still not been released by Princess, but they are expecting it to be Bermuda, San Juan, St. Thomas, Grand Turk.

I really want to see Bermuda--so I'm hoping the itinerary stays the same!!!
Back to top Go down
Princess Cruiser
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Princess Cruiser

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here   Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 10:29 am

becktours wrote:
The itinerary has still not been released by Princess, but they are expecting it to be Bermuda, San Juan, St. Thomas, Grand Turk.

I really want to see Bermuda--so I'm hoping the itinerary stays the same!!!

WooHoo I LOVE Bermuda! I was so disappointed when Princess stopped their Bermuda cruises from NYC. But, I'll be happy to take one day over no days at all.
Back to top Go down
Single Dad
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Single Dad

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here   Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 4:43 pm

Sounds like a great itinerary. Now if April would just hurry up and get here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lilly
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Lilly

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here   Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 8:27 pm

Hi everyone,

I thought we would be booking the Disney cruise for Easter in 2010 but, scheduling isn't looking promising so I'm coming over here to check out what you guys have going on. Sounds like a great opportunity to visit NYC. This would be my first time there and, frankly, I'm a little nervous about visiting, so having a pre-cruise group that I can be with is perfect.

And, I vote for Momma Mia - my kids are well over 4 and know how to behave in a theater.

So what words of wisdom can you guys provide for someone who hasn't been to NYC ever? Which hotel do you recommend? Is the area where the hotels are located safe?

Tell me some do's and don'ts for a first time visitor to NYC. Sorry for so many questions! I'm just excited and nervous at the same time but, this is what the family voted for after Disney, so I'm braving it for them!
Back to top Go down
Ronnie
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Ronnie

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here   Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 8:46 pm

Hi Lilly welcome to the 4th of July thread for 2010. I'm Ronnie, I've been MIA since May, I didn't realize it's been that long since I signed in but, after getting the message about Bob today, I figured I better get my butt on here and see what else has changed. I'm relieved to find it's only good change such as more members, etc.

All the hotels Jeanie has blocked for the group are good, very safe areas. Personally, I'd pick the Sheraton out of the three but, that's my taste. You really can't go wrong with any of them.

Times Square/Broadway has cleaned up and changed for the better over the last 10/15 years. And, although I'm a lifelong NYC boy, I can understand someone's apprehension about coming here. It's a big city and, you never know what to expect.

For example, someone from out of town might be shocked to see the Naked Cowboy in Times Square. No! I'm not kidding Very Happy He even has his own website: http://www.nakedcowboy.com/ (And he's not really naked)

Also you might find this website very handy: http://www.timessquarenyc.org/

My best advice? Eat in other areas of the city. Times Square is set up for tourists and you're going to be over-charged for just ok food. This is New York! Thousands upon thousands of restaurants are out there so don't be afraid to venture. This is an EXCELLENT source for finding restaurants, it's written by real people, you can see the menus (almost all with pricing) before you go so you know what you're getting yourself into: http://www.menupages.com/ One word of advice, if you see one really bad review among lots of good reviews, it's safe to throw that one review out as someone who either wants to keep the place quiet and keep it to themselves or just someone with a grudge for whatever reason.

If you have any more questions, just keep asking and I'll keep answering. The more you know, the more comfortable you'll be during your first visit!
Back to top Go down
Diamond Dave
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Diamond Dave

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2007-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here   Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 10:38 am

Great advice Ronnie, I can't think of anything to add!
Back to top Go down
David C
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
David C

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here   Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 2:02 pm

Hi all, I'm another MIA that just signed in after getting the news about Bob. Hope he's ok and that decides to return...

Looks like things are shaping up nicely, I guess it's safe to assume this group is official
Back to top Go down
becktours
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
becktours

PostSubject: Re: Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here   Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 2:58 pm

Yes David--this group is official! We have 100 staterooms on hold!
Back to top Go down
Hopeful Henry
Host
Host
Hopeful Henry

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here   Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 4:40 pm

Don't mind me, I'm lurking and thinking - 4th of July week might be a nice change...
Back to top Go down
Big Red Robyn
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Big Red Robyn

PostSubject: Re: Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here   Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 7:04 pm

Oh come on Henry, join us! The more the merrier!
Back to top Go down
Big Red Robyn
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Big Red Robyn

PostSubject: Re: Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here   Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 9:38 am

becktours wrote:
Yes David--this group is official! We have 100 staterooms on hold!

And the way we're going we'll sell out on opening day! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here   Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Princess 4th of July Week 2010 Cruisers Meet Here
Page 10 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next