Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cunard in Europe in 2010

Go down 
+27
VJMorrow
Admin
Queen of the Seas
VoyagerOne
NDJollyMon
Jfultz81
darlene
JeanMarie
Loves 2 Cruise
Sean F
Pam M
NOB
English Todd
TV Guy
IliveontheLIE
Kindlychap
Kevin T
Lorraine
Ajani
Life from the Porthole
Zorro
Down The Shore Guy
Lady Jane
Dawns from NJ
Andy The Sailor Man
AmbianceTraveler
Shelia
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Shelia
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Shelia

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Cunard in Europe in 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Cunard in Europe in 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 11:59 am

I wanted to start this thread so we can begin discussing routes and making plans. You have no idea how much I wish we'd be able to join you for one of the 2009 cruises!

So what's everyone's pleasure? Northern Europe? Mediterranean? Spring? Late Spring? Summer? Early Fall?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Cunard in Europe in 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 1:33 pm

I'll take any ship, on any route! Would kind of like to try QV since we'll be going on the new QE for the inaugural sailing but, it really wouldn't matter. If we go to the Mediterranean, I'd advise May or early June otherwise it's going to be hot, hot, hot!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Cunard in Europe in 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 1:48 pm

I'd prefer the Mediterranean but, wouldn't say no to a Northern Europe route that included Russia
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Cunard in Europe in 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 1:52 pm

Shelia, thank you for starting this thread! I would vote for the QV on a Northern route but wouldn't say no to the Med. QV is amazing and everyone should try her at least once Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com
Andy The Sailor Man
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Andy The Sailor Man

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Cunard in Europe in 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 1:57 pm

Hmmm, ok, I am going out on a real limb for this suggestion. I see both 2008 and 2009 have something very unique:

June 2008
8 Sun New York, New York Depart 5:00 pm
New York, New York Hide Details

9 Mon Cruising the Atlantic Ocean
Cruising the Atlantic Ocean Hide Details

10 Tue Cruising the Atlantic Ocean

11 Wed Cruising the Atlantic Ocean

12 Thu Cruising the Atlantic Ocean

13 Fri Cruising the Atlantic Ocean

14 Sat Southampton, England 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
Southampton England Hide Details

15 Sun Cruising the Atlantic Ocean

16 Mon Vigo (for Santiago de Compostela), Spain 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Vigo (for Santiago de Compostela) Spain Hide Details

17 Tue Cruising the Mediterranean Sea
Cruising the Mediterranean Sea Hide Details

18 Wed Barcelona, Spain 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Barcelona Spain Hide Details

19 Thu Monte Carlo, Monaco 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
Monte Carlo Monaco Hide Details

Note: Monte Carlo is an anchorage port; passengers transfer to shore via ship’s tender.
20 Fri Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Rome (Civitavecchia) Italy Hide Details

21 Sat Naples, Capri, Italy 7:00 am - 6:30 pm
Naples, Capri Italy Hide Details

Cruising the Mediterranean Sea Hide Details

23 Mon Gibraltar 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Gibraltar Hide Details

24 Tue Lisbon, Portugal 7:00 am - 4:00 pm
Lisbon Portugal Hide Details

25 Wed Cruising the Atlantic Ocean

26 Thu Southampton, England 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
Southampton England Hide Details

28 Sat Cruising the Atlantic Ocean

29 Sun Cruising the Atlantic Ocean

30 Mon Cruising the Atlantic Ocean

July 2008
1 Tue Cruising the Atlantic Ocean

2 Wed New York, New York Disembark

How's that for an itinerary!?! Naturally the drawback is pricing but, I'd thought I'd put it out for discussion even though it's an extreme long shot.
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Cunard in Europe in 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 2:04 pm

Andy, the nice thing about an itinerary like that is those can only take part of the trip just fly roundtrip to Southampton and join the group there. Or take just one of the crossings, or a crossing and the cruise then flying back. Lots of options Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Cunard in Europe in 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 2:48 pm

Actually, I'd LOVE something like that - my parents want to go back to Europe but, they don't want to make the long flights anymore.  A trip like this would be perfect and, as far as pricing, so, we take in-hull cabins instead of balcony cabins up top.  I'd be more than willing to compromise on that part.  And, since 2010 is far enough away, saving for it really isn't a problem.  At least for us, I can't speak for others.  I think Nina has a good point that people can adjust this type of trip to make it shorter and, honestly, it's something worth discussing further.  What does everyone else think?
Back to top Go down
Dawns from NJ
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Cunard in Europe in 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 2:51 pm

Well as most of you know my Mom doesn't fly so a cruise like this would be the perfect way to FINALLY get over to Europe. The big question, what type of pricing would this be for the full trip meaning New York to New York.
Back to top Go down
Shelia
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Cunard in Europe in 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 3:00 pm

Whoa! I didn't expect so many responses already! As for us, meeting you in Southampton would be easy so, the long cruise you're proposing would actually work for those of us on this side of the pond too.
Back to top Go down
Lady Jane
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Cunard in Europe in 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 3:39 pm

Very interesting thread you have going here. Would group space actually be available on all three segments?
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Cunard in Europe in 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 4:10 pm

If 08/09 are any indication of next year then yes, group space would be available on all three segments. Plus, since it wouldn't be peak season the group amenities are VERY attractive! (Prices are not bad either!)

For the 2009 Grand Med Delights 23 night cruise from NYC-NYC on QM2 total pricing is as follows:

D5- Inside $4956.00

C2 -Outside $5806.00

B5 - Balcony $5991.00

A2 - Prem. Balcony $8180.00

P2 - Grills $14,256.00

Q6 - Grills $19,196.00

So, really very good!
Back to top Go down
Dawns from NJ
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Cunard in Europe in 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 4:43 pm

So for a B5 that's about $260 per day and I have two years to save for it. I don't know about anyone else but I'd be very interested.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Cunard in Europe in 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 4:46 pm

I can confidentally say we would be interested as well. The question is, if this itinerary isn't available in 2010, what's plan B for Europe?
Back to top Go down
Down The Shore Guy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Down The Shore Guy

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Cunard in Europe in 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 8:34 pm

Maria and I are definitely interested! I'm not sure we'd do the complete double transit but, we'd do at least one way plus the Mediterranean segment. Hopefully more people would be interested and, we can actually turn this into the group. We'd prefer the Spring/early summer sailing over the early Fall but, we'll book either way if this group comes to pass.

Looking forward to see how this one develops!
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Cunard in Europe in 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 9:57 pm

Plan B could be a TA on QM2 followed by a 12 night on QV with return on QM2. If there are a couple days in between in London all the better!
Back to top Go down
Down The Shore Guy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Down The Shore Guy

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Cunard in Europe in 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 11:15 am

Sounds like a good plan B! Now we just have to wait a year to see if it plan A is going to be available!
Back to top Go down
Zorro
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Zorro

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Cunard in Europe in 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 3:15 pm

Going to bookmark this page and keep an eye on this thread. Very interesting proposal!
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Cunard in Europe in 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 11:13 pm

Well, we must have generated enough interest, we have a banner up for this group idea! Hurray cheers

I was just looking at 2009 schedules and in April they have a perfect itinerary for a QM2/QV with QM2 arriving from her EB TA just in time to meet QV's 12 day Med arriving the same day QM2 heads back to New York. Let's hope something similar is planned for 2010.

I know I said it before but something with QV involved would give everyone a chance to try her! For those who book grills you would be in for a real treat as the terrace and sundeck are best enjoyed in the warm weather.

For a pre-cruise package in New York I propose a different theme. How about a culinary tour? Or history and art? What about a dinner cruise on a private yacht? Just a few ideas Smile
Back to top Go down
Andy The Sailor Man
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Andy The Sailor Man

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Cunard in Europe in 2010 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 12:26 pm

It ALL sounds great!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Cunard in Europe in 2010 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 5:20 pm

AmbianceTraveler wrote:
Well, we must have generated enough interest, we have a banner up for this group idea! Hurray cheers

I was just looking at 2009 schedules and in April they have a perfect itinerary for a QM2/QV with QM2 arriving from her EB TA just in time to meet QV's 12 day Med arriving the same day QM2 heads back to New York. Let's hope something similar is planned for 2010.

I know I said it before but something with QV involved would give everyone a chance to try her! For those who book grills you would be in for a real treat as the terrace and sundeck are best enjoyed in the warm weather.

For a pre-cruise package in New York I propose a different theme. How about a culinary tour? Or history and art? What about a dinner cruise on a private yacht? Just a few ideas Smile

Did someone say culinary tour?!?! TRY TO KEEP ME AWAY!! Now depending on how many nights everyone plans to do pre-cruise, here are some suggestions (by the way I love that we're already planning 2+ years from now):

Dinner Cruise - several to select but the best of the bunch is Bateaux Keep in mind that it's a bit higher than rest of the dinner cruises but, then again the food is better quality.

If you'd rather an ultimate dining experience on land, might I suggest the following:

21 Club

One If By Land

Gramercy Tavern

That's just to get things rolling, I'm sure I'll think of more suggestions as we go along.
Back to top Go down
Shelia
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Cunard in Europe in 2010 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 10:41 am

This site is awesome! I love how organized and fast a group comes together! Can't wait until we get back to the States in 2011 so we can take advantage of more of the group offerings!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Cunard in Europe in 2010 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 6:02 pm

Nick Needs To Know wrote:
AmbianceTraveler wrote:

Did someone say culinary tour?!?! TRY TO KEEP ME AWAY!! Now depending on how many nights everyone plans to do pre-cruise, here are some suggestions (by the way I love that we're already planning 2+ years from now):

Dinner Cruise - several to select but the best of the bunch is Bateaux Keep in mind that it's a bit higher than rest of the dinner cruises but, then again the food is better quality.

If you'd rather an ultimate dining experience on land, might I suggest the following:

21 Club

One If By Land

Gramercy Tavern

That's just to get things rolling, I'm sure I'll think of more suggestions as we go along.

21 = Twenty-Yum Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shelia
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Cunard in Europe in 2010 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 3:41 pm

You're making me hungry! Those menus look fantastic!
Back to top Go down
Shelia
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Cunard in Europe in 2010 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 12:33 pm

Hi all, just me doing my weekly pop-in to keep this thread alive so you don't forget about it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Cunard in Europe in 2010 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 1:04 pm

Oh we won't forget! Good idea to keep it bumped up though Smile It will be a year before we know about schedules and then get to decide which one everyone is most interested in. My husband is already moaning because he will probably have to skip the transatlantics and just fly to join us on the cruise due to time off his FT job. My sister is really excited because she has been wanting to go to Europe forever and is only bumbed it is so far away. What a grand trip it will be though!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cunard in Europe in 2010   Cunard in Europe in 2010 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cunard in Europe in 2010
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next