Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A note on shore excursions

Go down 
+4
Down The Shore Guy
Leanna N
Cunard Cruiser
AmbianceTraveler
8 posters
AuthorMessage
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

A note on shore excursions Empty
PostSubject: A note on shore excursions   A note on shore excursions Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:29 am

I just wanted to make a note that once the initial rush of bookings are over that I will be working to handcraft exclusive shore excursion experience just for the groups. If you have any suggestions or things you really want to do then please post and let me know. What we end up with will depend on the overall size of the group and number of people wanting to do the Cruise Freek specialty excursions. However, ALL of the offered trips will be completely private/exclusive for the group with a focus on unique experiences and the ablity to really soak in a destination and only available through Cruise Freeks.

Let the ideas flow!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com

PostSubject: Re: A note on shore excursions   A note on shore excursions Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 11:03 am

Excellent!! Great idea Nina! Thank you for doing this for us!
Back to top Go down
Cunard Cruiser
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: A note on shore excursions   A note on shore excursions Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 10:06 am

Now that sounds like fun. I just have to figure out if the Christmas dates are going to work for us.
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: A note on shore excursions   A note on shore excursions Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 11:55 am

I've been looking into different options, how do some of these sound?

A hands on shopping & cooking class with local experts

Leave the tourist spots, on these trips our private guides will take us to meet the people, see how they live and learn of their culture and history.

When everyone is ready for some fun, sun and sand there are many activities to offer. All with special additions that will be exclusive to our members!

On/off roading in dune buggies with Eddie, Andy & Nick in the lead car.
A note on shore excursions 032227 (Doesn't that sound like fun!) No, probably better with the local guide to show us all the best spots few people see!

Swimming with stingrays on an unihabited island followed by beach games or a snorkel. Up for a long day? Add the city & sights with private guide.
A note on shore excursions 019222_b

A trip aboard a private yacht with champange lunch in a secluded cove?

A note on shore excursions Yacht-crew

This is just the tip of the iceberg as far as possiblities. It will depend on what the group is up for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A note on shore excursions   A note on shore excursions Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 2:00 pm

Nina - these are GREAT suggestions BUT, I can't see my 70+ year old parents going snorkeling or ATVing lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A note on shore excursions   A note on shore excursions Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 2:02 pm

LMAO or mine for that matter! Might I suggest two sets of activities - one modest and the other a bit more active?
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: A note on shore excursions   A note on shore excursions Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 1:09 pm

Hence the disclaimer "It will depend on what the group is up for." Smile

Actually, based on the group size I may come up with as many as 3-4 options for each island depending on what the group is interested in.

"Golden Experiences"
Sightseeing by private car or van of each location's most interesting sights both on and off the beaten path mixed with stops filled with either plenty of leisure time to soak in the area (be it beach, cafe or city streets) or a low key activity such as a museum or cooking demonstration.

"Classic Excursions"
For those who enjoy a little action mixed in with their relaxing. These excursions will combine the best of both the "Golden Experiences" & "Ambiance Expeditions".
Tour a museum before heading out to see some of the sights you learned about. Your transportation may be bus, helicoptor or yacht! Or, after an initial hour of snorkeling, hit the beach for some sun soaking or the streets for shopping.

"Ambiance Expeditions"
Not for the faint of heart these experiences will highlight the excitment of the Islands. Hike a mountain, kayak a cove, dive for hidden treasures. It's all about trying it for yourself and immersing fully into the landscape.

This sound a little better? When possible, I can coordinate them to all be around the same lenght and run at the same time so everyone can do their own thing say, in the morning but then have time in the afternoon to spend together doing something. Or, I can have the them compliment each other with one type a morning tour and the other in the afternoon for those who may want to go with their parents and then do something on their own while Mom & Dad are enjoying the ship.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A note on shore excursions   A note on shore excursions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 11:17 am

To me the great challenge is finding something to do on Grand Turk besides hanging out at Jimmy Buffets. Don't get me wrong, I'm a parrot-head but that gets old really fast. So, here's my suggestion, which I guess would either fall into the "Classic" or "Ambiance" groups. Since we have so many horse people here, how about a horseback excursion. Personally, I'd love to do something like that again, even though it will be my third time on a horse ever.
Back to top Go down
Leanna N
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Leanna N

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: A note on shore excursions   A note on shore excursions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 11:21 am

lol! I'd pay money to see Nick bouncing around on a horse!
Back to top Go down
Down The Shore Guy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Down The Shore Guy

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: A note on shore excursions   A note on shore excursions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 11:51 am

i can't say I'd go horseback riding for sure but, i'll consider it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A note on shore excursions   A note on shore excursions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 1:37 pm

Leanna N wrote:
lol! I'd pay money to see Nick bouncing around on a horse!
stickingtongueout
Back to top Go down
Andy The Sailor Man
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Andy The Sailor Man

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: A note on shore excursions   A note on shore excursions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 1:51 pm

Didn't notice Grand Turk on the schedule, I see it now. I have to agree, not a heck of a lot to do there outside of Jimmy Buffets so wide open to suggestions. Not sure about horseback riding though.
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: A note on shore excursions   A note on shore excursions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 10:17 pm

The sting ray swim.snorkel is on Grand Turk. I'm sure horse back riding could be arranged if the facilities are available. Otherwise, it makes a great day for just enjoying the sand, sun and a relaxing day Caribbean style (where's the sunburned smilie?)
Back to top Go down
Cruising Diva
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Cruising Diva

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: A note on shore excursions   A note on shore excursions Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 7:09 pm

A beach day is always welcome! Especially with so many ports with so many things to do, a beach day might be welcome at Grand Turk!
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: A note on shore excursions   A note on shore excursions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 3:58 pm

ThreadBump Just reviving this thread for more discussion
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A note on shore excursions   A note on shore excursions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 4:25 pm

Are we discussing Christmas or 4th of July or both? For the 4th, we need new suggestions/ideas for Halifax. I think will be our 6th time there - can only hear about the Halifax explosion or the Titanic so many times.
Back to top Go down
Andy The Sailor Man
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Andy The Sailor Man

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: A note on shore excursions   A note on shore excursions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 9:52 pm

Ok I know we have a lot of golfers here. Anyone want to get a foursome going for one of the islands at Christmas?
Back to top Go down
English Todd
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
English Todd

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-07-06

PostSubject: Re: A note on shore excursions   A note on shore excursions Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 10:44 am

For Christmas, port of Barbados, if Harrison's Cave is open when we arrive that could be worthwhile http://harrisonscave.com/ You enter the cave by tram so even those with mobility problems would be able to enjoy it.

If that option isn't available, might I suggest the Cunard sponsored shore tour "
A TASTE OF BARBADOS & SCENIC DRIVE WITH LUNCHEON"
Back to top Go down
Vic_the_Parrot
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vic_the_Parrot

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-05-10

PostSubject: Re: A note on shore excursions   A note on shore excursions Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 2:43 am

I second the notion of a long beach day!

"Nibblin on sponge cake ... watchin the sun bake ...
All of those tourists covered with oil ..."

Ahhhh ... Heaven! sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A note on shore excursions   A note on shore excursions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A note on shore excursions
Page 1 of 1