Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Have you seen the Genesis VIDEO???

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Have you seen the Genesis VIDEO??? Empty
PostSubject: Have you seen the Genesis VIDEO???   Have you seen the Genesis VIDEO??? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 2:48 pm

http://www.royalcaribbean-genesis.com/main.html

You have to check out this video ---- INSIDE balcony staterooms!! How cool is that???
Back to top Go down
Former Cruise Critic
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Former Cruise Critic

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Have you seen the Genesis VIDEO???   Have you seen the Genesis VIDEO??? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 3:17 pm

This is going to be one awesome ship!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Andy The Sailor Man
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Andy The Sailor Man

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Have you seen the Genesis VIDEO???   Have you seen the Genesis VIDEO??? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 4:05 pm

Holy smokes! WHAT A SHIP!!
Back to top Go down
Diamond Dave
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Diamond Dave

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2007-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Have you seen the Genesis VIDEO???   Have you seen the Genesis VIDEO??? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 4:18 pm

I know! It's truly amazing, can't wait to see it in person!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you seen the Genesis VIDEO???   Have you seen the Genesis VIDEO??? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 4:29 pm

Ivanova - any hint when they might open for booking soon? Kind of hoping this is the introduction to opening bookings...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you seen the Genesis VIDEO???   Have you seen the Genesis VIDEO??? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 4:32 pm

Nick,

Unfortunately no. I've made a couple of calls today and the thinking is that it still probably won't be until after Independence launches (so late May or early June at the earliest). Sad

Last edited by Ivanova on Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Have you seen the Genesis VIDEO???   Have you seen the Genesis VIDEO??? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 7:00 pm

HolySheep It does look pretty incredible, but 5400 people! Yikes! We'll have to just wait and see.....
Back to top Go down
Boca Brats
Charter Member
Charter Member
Boca Brats

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Have you seen the Genesis VIDEO???   Have you seen the Genesis VIDEO??? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:46 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
HolySheep It does look pretty incredible, but 5400 people! Yikes! We'll have to just wait and see.....

You said it!! I'll sail it once, just for the experience...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you seen the Genesis VIDEO???   Have you seen the Genesis VIDEO??? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 3:46 am

Nick Needs To Know wrote:
Ivanova - any hint when they might open for booking soon? Kind of hoping this is the introduction to opening bookings...

Nick,

Bookings are expected to open in late summer/early fall.
Back to top Go down
Tony Tiger
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Tony Tiger

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Have you seen the Genesis VIDEO???   Have you seen the Genesis VIDEO??? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 10:48 am

Thanks for all the updates Host Bob and Host Susan!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you seen the Genesis VIDEO???   Have you seen the Genesis VIDEO??? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 10:34 pm

I found out today, Genesis is expected to go on sale mid-August.
Back to top Go down
lilly854
lilly854

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Have you seen the Genesis VIDEO???   Have you seen the Genesis VIDEO??? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 1:16 pm

This is a beutiful ship and at this moment starting to make plans to be on it next year as a cruise fan that I am. Razz
Back to top Go down
Da Bronx Bombers Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Da Bronx Bombers Fan

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Have you seen the Genesis VIDEO???   Have you seen the Genesis VIDEO??? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 6:33 pm

Cool, now at least we know we have to wait until August to book. Thanks for sharing the info Host Bob
Back to top Go down
Big Red Robyn
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Big Red Robyn

Number of posts : 408
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Have you seen the Genesis VIDEO???   Have you seen the Genesis VIDEO??? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 6:47 pm

GEEZ! How are we suppose to plan? I guess book, make sure you take insurance and cancel if necessary. I hate when the cruise lines pull crap like this... So vague... Bookings open in mid-August... Inaugural "late fall"...

Don't they realize they're losing business this way, not drumming it up? Not smart in my opinion!
Back to top Go down
Dr Donna
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Have you seen the Genesis VIDEO???   Have you seen the Genesis VIDEO??? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 9:52 am

It does make it difficult to plan but the key is that Royal Caribbean said LATE FALL, so, I'm guessing it's going to be November. Which for me would work since I normally don't book a cruise in Fall, and, I'll book my other cruises for the year accordingly.
Back to top Go down
Gerri
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Gerri

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Have you seen the Genesis VIDEO???   Have you seen the Genesis VIDEO??? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 10:14 am

Dr Donna wrote:
It does make it difficult to plan but the key is that Royal Caribbean said LATE FALL, so, I'm guessing it's going to be November. Which for me would work since I normally don't book a cruise in Fall, and, I'll book my other cruises for the year accordingly.

We're the same way, we normally don't book a cruise in the Fall so, I doubt we'll have to cancel any cruises we do book for 2009.
Back to top Go down
I'm A Cruise Junkie
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
I'm A Cruise Junkie

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Have you seen the Genesis VIDEO???   Have you seen the Genesis VIDEO??? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 11:09 am

I'm a little surprised by the "open" design - It will be interesting to see how functional it is when it actually comes out and put in use.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have you seen the Genesis VIDEO???   Have you seen the Genesis VIDEO??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Have you seen the Genesis VIDEO???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Freek Group Cruises :: 2009 Group Cruises :: Oasis of the Seas - Inaugural Sailing - December 5, 2009-
Jump to: