From Cunard...For all new reservations effective April 21, 2008, the Carnival Corporation brands will implement an increased fuel supplement of $7 (USD) [from $5] per person per day for the first two guests, and $2 [from $0] per person per day for third and fourth guests. The fuel supplements will not exceed $98 per person per voyage for the first and second guests, and $28 per person per voyage for the third and fourth guests in a stateroom.
So, they release space for 2009 April 17th with an increase for all bookings made on/after April 21st. That gives you all (and me!) 4 days to make your 2009 bookings before the rate increase. So....
I am emailing my rep to see if I can get more detailed pricing on the other categories prior to the release so all of you can make better informed decisions. If they will release that prior to the launch I will have Tina send out an email blast. Also, I am still working with the hotels to get a rate. Usually, hotels don't have their rates out until 9-12 months in advance so we are very early for that. I do have the estmated transportation costs for a motorcoach to take us from the hotel to dinner, dinner to the theater and back to the hotel and then to the ship the next day, expect about $40-45.00 per person for that. Booking Notes:
Because of this new fuel increase happening just days after the space release my office is going to be flooded with calls and emails from my clients and all of you needing their space blocked. So, I will be adding temporary but expert staff to handle the call volume so don't be put off if you hear someone else besides me. I will also be adding another phone line to call people back on to keep the main line free so please pick up if you see a (616) area code. The best way to reach me quickly will be by email as I can respond even while on the phone. I will be posting detailed pricing for all categories both here and on my website for your reference.
Until after the 21st please keep your questions to those important to your booking decision, if you have other questions please send me an email and I will respond when the initial rush is over Remember!
You can change your mind as to what cabin category you would like even after deposit is made. The important thing is that you are booked! (that is if you are wishing to save money on the fuel sup.) There is no penalty to cancel up until 91 days prior to sailing. So even if you are still just trying to decide, please send in your booking forms BEFORE APRIL 16th at NOON
. If you are uncomfortale submitting your payment information online please email me for a credit card form that you can either fax, snail mail or email back to me as an attachment. We WILL NOT be able to take your credit card information just over the phone or via an email message (You can call us to have us put it on file but we will still need a signed form from you)
If you are traveling with others please make a note on the form of the name of the passengers you are traveling with. I will cross reference you and try my best to keep your cabins close to each other.
I will be sending everyone a quick confirmation email once booked stating your confirmation number and a "congratulations". Come evening, I will process more formal and detailed confirmations along with invoices well into the night.
Once the initial rush is over I will be contacting everyone to answer questions, make changes and take down notes for pre/post cruise stays.
Again, the whole process will go much smoother and faster if you can send in your booking forms prior to the space release for several reasons:
*It gives me hard numbers with which to get a more accurate cabin space count in the right categories.
*I can have everything much better organized for accounting which means faster confirmations.
*I can request your specific cabins right while on the phone with Cunard setting up the space which will better guarantee you actually getting the cabin/s you want in the location you want them. (Just getting though on a day like Thursday will be a trip so once you get someone live you don't want to hang up!)
I know it can be difficult to make a decision based on lead in rates for only a few categories and not have a confirmed pre-cruise package price but keep in mind you can change your mind and reservation at any time. I will be doing everything I can to get the pricing out as soon as possible.
Thanks for your cooperation and future patience on the 17th!
(Someone please hook me up to the Coffee IV now!)