Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
jillybabes
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 3:27 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
Just stopping by to say Hi!

Nice sunny day here, warming up to the 70's! Very Happy

Going to Clear Lake for the weekend, what is everyone else doing!

We're going on a cruise HappyHappyJoyJoy ....Leaving Saturday and will be back on the 29th of April...
Have fun this weekend...Later, Jill

Up Next: Fr 11/09, Solstice 2/10, Oasis 10/10, Holiday Mystery Cruise 12/10
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 PolarBearBanner1
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 4:26 pm

Jen.....working as usual!!........Gs's bday this weekend so have that party to go to....YEA, something to do!!!

Jill........hope u have tons of fun!!

j
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 4:35 pm

Finally stopping by to post. The storms started through last evening and continued through the night. We were not hit until early this morning. Around 3:30 - 4:00 the winds started and the CD sirens went off. The the power went out. We decided to lay low and not go into work right away. I called the boss at 6:30 and he said the power was out all over the place when John called in he heard the same thing. So anyway around 9 he decided to go in, I stayed home to be here when the power finally came back on. That didn't happen until after noon. The news reports are saying straight line winds in places close by, if you hear the town of Allen being mentioned that's the city just to the south of us. We were lucky.

d
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 4:43 pm

PH8 wrote:
Morning.........

Diane and Jul,...Hope you guys didnt have much trouble with the storms last night..looks like wacky weather across the nation........6-12 inches of snow in MN!! affraid

Sorry you couldnt take advantage of the MN deal,Jean......how many times have you been on her?? You sound like me with the Sovereign(15 times,with 2 more booked)......so easy to take those weekend cruises,isnt it?? I know you'll really miss her....at least,when the SS goes, we'll still have the MN to take.....(I've been on her twice--once outta FL and once outta CA).....if the airfare wasnt so high,heck,I'd fly out there and take one more.......even with my $262 AA voucher,its not enuf.

Anyone watch Primetime about Randy Pausch?? He is so inspirational.....I did get a little teary eye at the end.........BTW--Im a Tigger..

Read this post this moring on CCC's roll call......she had said there wasnt enuf interest in a M and M........then a "newcomer" posted this........wonder if its anyone we know(Im sure it is)

#151 Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Report
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Post_new Yesterday, 09:25 PM

yachttmm123 Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 User_offline
vbmenu_register("postmenu_14182498", true);

Cool Cruiser

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon1

I don't think anyone else will sign up because of 1 babbling incoherent person
on this roll call.

Her posts on the NCL board are completely nuts and very hard to understand.

Many people have asked her to read her posts before she submits them,
but it has done no good.

If you notice some of the original posters, no longer post because of her.

It was a good roll call until people found out about her and her crazy ways.

I watched that special too, what an incredible story. I'm a Tigger too, always have been!

On the CCC subject, it'll be real interesting to read posts when the cruise is over. Won't it?

d
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 5:09 pm

jillybabes wrote:
JJ2sail wrote:
Just stopping by to say Hi!

Nice sunny day here, warming up to the 70's! Very Happy

Going to Clear Lake for the weekend, what is everyone else doing!

We're going on a cruise HappyHappyJoyJoy ....Leaving Saturday and will be back on the 29th of April...
Have fun this weekend...Later, Jill

Yea, we always know where you are Jill! lol!

Take care!
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 5:11 pm

I think CCC's roll call was pulled? I couldn't find it this morning.

Glad you are okay Diane! Hope you have a peaceful weekend!
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 5:13 pm

PS- I think my ribs have finally healed, and my back is doing much better! Still not trying to do to much though.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 5:32 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
PS- I think my ribs have finally healed, and my back is doing much better! Still not trying to do to much though.

That's good, just don't over do it too soon!

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:02 pm

here Jen... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=658724&page=8 and Im glad you're starting to feel better..

How scary Diane..but I guess you're sorta used to that kind of weather....glad all is ok..

Jul-I think we all are Tiggers in this group........I told Dennis he's a Eeyore,.he sees the glass as half empty while I am the total opposite......

Jill-if I dont catch you in the morning,Bon Voyage,,,,,,,you're going on a real nice trip......
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:48 pm

PH8 wrote:
here Jen... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=658724&page=8 and Im glad you're starting to feel better..

How scary Diane..but I guess you're sorta used to that kind of weather....glad all is ok..

Jul-I think we all are Tiggers in this group........I told Dennis he's a Eeyore,.he sees the glass as half empty while I am the total opposite......

Jill-if I dont catch you in the morning,Bon Voyage,,,,,,,you're going on a real nice trip......

Not really Kathy, we've been here for 18 years and this is the first time we've heard the sirens go off. It was scary.

FYI today is my baby daughter's 23rd birthday. It always bothers me when one of my kids has a birthday, I can get older but I really don't want them to. Sad Think I'll go have a drink.

Jill, safe trip and please do not look for us to surprise you.... It ain't gonna happen.

d
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:53 pm

Kathy, my mother in law is an Eeyore and she passed it on to Don. He seldom goes out on a limb, unless I'm dragging him out there, LOL. So I guess I'm a Tigger, too! (I'm a Pepper as well roflmao ).

I'm going to get serious about booking some 2009 stuff. I have the Radiance SA booked, but am going to cancel that & book something on Azamara instead - I really want to try the small ships, and after seeing Oceania, I'm really intrigued.

Jen, I'm so happy you're feeling better! Jill, I know you'll have a fab time as always! I have just over a week to go before my Monarch B2B, and am really looking forward to showing Virginia how to kick up her heels! DocDance Actually, she did a pretty good job in November.

Kathy, I'll have at least 20 cruises on Monarch by the time she leaves us. If I didn't loathe flying these days, I'd plan on booking a few PC cruises, but with the other places in the world to see, I think that our October B2B will be the last. I just know I'll be sobbing as I disembark that day!
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:07 pm

Jill - As envious as we are, we do wish you A N O T H E R great cruise. I love you

Glad our SPB'S didn't suffer too much for those storms. Diane, how far are you from Longview?

Jen - Good to see you're doing a bit better...hang in there!

Kathy I caught that this morning too...his post was pulled but now she's starting another m & m lol. I saved the remarks he made, but glad you posted them. Did you see what she posted on another NCL thread....

"Just for you Coka: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nori

wish you were coming with us to Bermuda in 2 weeks 3 days. Check out the Troll who showed up. I hope CC axes the jerk."

Ya think *she* thinks no one knows who he/she was referring to??? lol! I'll bet CoKa (whoever she is) is more than grateful she is NOT cruising with her. It was on the "I dived in and found a pearl (something like that) thread.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:32 pm

Thanks all for the good wishes & bon voyages...I will check in tomorrow after nail and hair appt...So excited and wish all y'all could join us....Back to Survivor...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 11:03 pm

Jean-------dont you worry,I will gladly take over your MN runs for you....seriously,it does suck for you.......sorry.....

Diane-my daughter is 23 too....hard for me to believe that at times....and my son is 26.....and neither one are ever gonna make me a grandma.. No Not at this rate...oh well, my mom didnt become a grandma(a Nana really) till she was 64!! We're late bloomers,I guess........

Let me go see if I can find that thread,Chris,,,,,,,thanks......

Watched Survivor and caught the last 5 mins of AI......

Waiting to go pick Dennis up.........he should be home in about an hour........

Nite all.........
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 11:14 pm

Took an 'adventure' as my gd called it to see the dam flowing with all 10 gates open........They plan on having it all open til Tues running 43,000 cf per second.......(which would fill the empire state building in less than 7 minutes)......Needless to say, the city campground is gone, the park downtown is gone, hundreds of homes are gone and underwater.......I'm sure more to go.......The lake is expected to peak at 933ft on Sat (highest ever)......this is absolutely unbelievable........I've never seen sooo much water in this area.......

Please say a prayer for all the people that have lost their homes and are displaced. A lot of these people have no money and no way to get another place to rent nor get the items they need to live......

Hope all our cruisers make it to where they are going and those coming home (if any!) make it with all the crazy airline stuff going on.......

Happy Birthday D's daughter!!

Have a great evening y'all.........

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 7:31 am

Good morning all...

WOW that sounds awful Juls, we have had rain but now where near that much...guess the spring thaw is contributing with all the snow this year.

Have a great weekend all!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 11:35 am

Morning all, saw a little of the damage from the storms on the way into work today. Trees down here and there. But, we come into work so early (6:00) that it's still to dark to see much of anything.

Yes, Julie I'm thankful that we are not flying anywhere this week or any time soon for that matter.

Chris, Longview is East of us by about 150 miles. Just a piece out Route 80.

Chris trying to decipher her posts but just can't figure out the troll comment scratch , she seems to think that someone hijacked the thread but, the person who was doing the review (COKA) seemed to know everyone. Another SFB comment.

Oh well back to work.

d
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 1:53 pm

Jilly...thanks for the cute email.....BON VOYAGE!

I am not only a Tigger, I am a Cougar as well!!! ROTFL! stickingtongueout

Mar~
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 4:37 pm

Thanks for the Bon Voyage Mar....Hair is cut, Nails are done and bag are packed..Will check in Later tonight!!!Jill

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 6:38 pm

Hi all.......

Sorry to be MIA........been running around....we got a new ceiling fan for our room(FINALLY--I sure missed having one)....then after Dennisleft,I went to Lowes for more plants......I swear that is my all time favorite store........I rather have a goft card for there than anywhere else..........

REALLY hot today....around 90,BUT come Monday the high will only be 62 with the low of 35!! Thats insane..........Thats almost 60 degrees lower than it is now..........a/c one day..heat the next......

But I shouldnt complain compared to whats in your area Jul........thats awful....I dont know where we would go either in a case like that......prayers for all the people effected......................

Quiet on here........can only imagine next week with so many gone....
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 7:12 pm

Kathy, we're having the same kinds of temperature swings here - it's going to be 90 degrees in downtown LA & the valleys this weekend. We'll probably get close to 80, so I'll have all the windows open and the ceiling fans running. We don't have A/C.

I know what you mean about Lowe's - when Don & I got married in 1994 I had a registry at Home Depot! I may be the only bride who got a circular saw and an orbital sander as wedding gifts!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 7:38 pm

Coold and bitter here today with terrible winds.......so windy ya have to watch your car door cuz it will slam and get the fingers!....tomorrow even worse and predic of snow flurries?!?!?......just NUTS

Guess I could evacuate to LA .....doesn't sound like I wanna go to FL!!!

or maybe I should go tuck into Sis's luggage.......

Home now.........and ready for gk's to come sleep over while their mom gets ready for two bday parties tomorrow.......Yes, she's NUTS

j Smile
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 7:53 pm

We are not going to be as cold here in the Tampa area next week, lows in the AM in the 50's...Highs in the 70's....Lil Sis, you can sneak in my rolling duffel anytime Wink ...Will check in Later...

Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 8:43 pm

Jul - That's horrible...sure hope things calm down. So sad to learn of anyone losing their homes....sending good vibes to Missouri.

Jill- You're still here? lol Wink And I was already missing you.

Kathy & Jean - Funny about home improvement stores, and I've seen several shower invites that state the bride is registered at Lowes and/or Home Depot. It is a changing world.

Diane - The post that she had pulled was probably a troll because it was the poster's first post. Thank for the Longview info. Our favorite, only surviving Uncle Archie lives in Longview. Haven't seen him in a couple of years, and he's had several setbacks recently, but his mind is sharp as ever and he's quite the tease. He's told us what horrible weather they had there too.

Mar - Hope you're all over the yuck stuff. Still a bit of coughing here but it's better.

Wonder when Jean might post her review for us to see. I'm really intrigued about that cruise, having read on some thread that there were quite a few (including an employee) that didn't have their visas, and were a day or two late in being allowed to board.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 8:51 pm

Have had one employee end up with a virus in the heart and she's had to quit (got that after she had a cold/flu), a second employee has pneumonia after getting the flu.........ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww.........doping up on Vitamin C!!

Soooooooo take care Mar!!

Bye Sis............Susan, hope u made it.....

The lake will be rising another 2 feet tonight when they crank the damn up to 55,400 cf per second.......maaaaaaan, jst never quits!

j:)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Royal Caribbean :: Royal Caribbean All Aboard! (Roll Call) :: 2007-
Jump to: