Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+9
JJ2sail
vlscruiser
GrmyCRS
Exairgoddess1
frudutx
critterchick
jillybabes
cruisenfever
cruiseforme
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
jillybabes
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 9:42 am

critterchick wrote:
Well, there was a fab military rate for the 6/2 Monarch sailing so I put a hold on it. JS for $499pp. The SO is $299, but I think the JS is worth the price difference on this one since it's into the summer break season. The rest of June is still at full price, but I bet that will drop at some point, too.

Don said to go ahead & book it tomorrow. We have a NextCruise to burn, so I'm hoping to be able to use that and still get my preferred cabin (I like to be all the way aft).

Who watched AI? I can't believe the judges liked Jason Castro - he reminded me of Tiny Tim! I must be a repressed rocker chick - I love David Cook and the Irish girl (Carly?). David A. has the purest voice of the group. I'm glad they focussed on talent this year.

I thought Jason was awful and not only that he did not sing the right words to the song! How could they like him! I liked Christy Lee Cook who sang Martina's song and I thought "did it excellent"...
You sure are going to miss Monarch when she leaves, where will you go on the weekends lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 10:36 am

Morning.......

Bon Voyage Susan!! Enjoy your time in FL too.......

Well Chris.........looks like you got a lot of good advice..... The ONLY time I dont like cruising is the summer........way too hot and too many kids....Sept is usually really cheap(but hurricane season) but we have cruised every sept for the apst few years without any problems........Oct/Nov is good too.....oh heck ,any month...

Off hand,I cant think of any Voyager class ship going outtta FL next year(7 nighters),so that leaves the FR class.............I prefer Pt Canaveral over Miami,even though sailaway is prettier down south........ The Southern Carib is my fav....but of course,keep in mind airfare to San Juan.......and you only have one itineray to choose from so a B2B would be repititous.....

I dont think Paul said anything either.........I know him pretty well......I think it was MR RCCL .........he wasnt happy about going OT.....(or am I mixing up my threads)?

Didnt see AI yet........we werent home at the time.....we watched Hells Kitchen and Housewives later........

Time to go help Dennis weed...............what fun.........NOT............I am not a yard worker...
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 10:57 am

Kathy.......you're right.........it was rccl1 not paulwn.......SORRY PAUL!!!.....Thanks for clarifying.......I tried to check but of course it was poofed.....wonder if she read it.......mmmmmmmm enquiring minds want to know!!

Chris........I vote that southern is the best for islands too.....then my second is eastern following by western.........there's only one place I won't even get off ship and that's Ochos Rios......not impressed unless you are going to go do Dunns river falls....

Linda from Ky should be here next week, will be nice to see some fellow cruisers! Hopefully they stop in....

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
TwitchOR
Charter Member
Charter Member
TwitchOR

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 11:42 am

Susan - Have a great cruise.

Chris - I've cruised the Caribbean in Nov, Dec, Jan & Apr. and had great weather every time. I agree that the best islands are further south, but RCCL isn't doing a 14 day from Florida, yet. We did Princess 14 night FL to 10 islands as far south as Isla Margarita in Venezuala - great itinerary, but port intensive, needed a couple of days to recover!

A Caribbean B2B on a big ship would be fun - it's on my to do list too.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 11:52 am

TwitchOR wrote:
Susan - Have a great cruise.

Chris - I've cruised the Caribbean in Nov, Dec, Jan & Apr. and had great weather every time. I agree that the best islands are further south, but RCCL isn't doing a 14 day from Florida, yet. We did Princess 14 night FL to 10 islands as far south as Isla Margarita in Venezuala - great itinerary, but port intensive, needed a couple of days to recover!

A Caribbean B2B on a big ship would be fun - it's on my to do list too.

Thats why we chose Princess also this past March since there were not any southern carib out of fl from RCI...We had 10 days and 6 ports although we did miss Grenada...

Juls: We had not been to Ocho in 5 years and then this past Feb it was one of the ports on Mariner...They have really cleaned the place up and even moved the original dock we were at 5 years ago...Did not go into town, but stayed at Margaritaville and the shops around it...Had a really nice time...I would not say the same about Montego Bay, we got off the ship walked around the terminal and back onto the ship!!!Did not feel safe at all....
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 11:59 am

Jill............I jst remember the last time we were in Ochos it was disgusting.....pot everywhere.....walked thru 'god knows what sludge' to get to town.....jst won't do that again.....ickkkk.........and if I can't feel safe then I don't want to be there.....

Dominica otoh......it was ok although.......we had this guy come up and ask for $$$ for petrol to take wife to hospital...dh bit hook, line, and sinker and started to get his wallet out when I smacked him.........I looked at him with "the eyes' and said.nooooo.....and we headed back to the ship.......

That's been quite a while since that has happened and we got smarter with age!!!....Now I take less than $100, one cc, id, and wear no good jewelry when I get off on an island....

Guess I better get to work.....I hate when I have to be here sooo early, it throws my whole day off!!!

j Smile
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 12:16 pm

Morning all!

I watched AI last night. Jean, I actually liked Jason last night, usually I don't. And I didn't really like Carly and David Cook, which I usually love them! I would love to see Carly to a duet with Celine Dion! But I voted for Kristy, cuz I am just a country girl at heart and I feel so bad for her every week! Rolling Eyes

Bon Voyage Susan and Jill!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 12:45 pm

Bon Voyage Sis........forgot you were leaving AGAIN too!....(at least I think I forgot to say bv!)

little sis Sad (staying home as usual wahhhhhh)
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 1:48 pm

Juls: That was the way we remember Ocho...Pot smell everywhere in town...The secret is don't go to town and stay around Margaritaville (btw the margaritas were fantastic drunken) !!! Thanks for the Bon Voyage...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 5:22 pm

Now Jul.how could you forget someone was going on a trip with that BIG ole list we have?? Surprised

Been outside "mulching" the gardens.............saw a snake affraid and that was enough for me..I HATE snakes.........

First two times in Ocho,we did the tour with Peat Taylor(highly recommend him)....last time,we just hung around M-ville.......

Well, think I'll go watch AI and other shows I recorded and havent watched yet............
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 5:57 pm

Almost time to pack up and go home, not sure what I accomplished today besides staring at the computer and giving myself a headache.

Safe travels Susan have a great time.

Jill you'll still be posting for a couple more days since you don't need to drive anywhere for this one.

You know Chris, you and Martha could just fly to Houston and do the Voyager with Marilyn & Bob, Rick & Carol, and John & I. Jan 11th. Yee Ha!

d
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 6:04 pm

We are packed Cheers , except for the folding garment bag which I will do Friday night, but the clothes are laid out and ready to go in it...
The limo is picking us up at 10 so we should be in Tampa by 10:30-10:45 at the latest...Chat Later, Jill
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 7:39 pm

Chris..........OR u could do the PC 10 day on Jan 30th on the Jewel with us!!!!...10 days of sun or sand......oh yea!!!

Kathy.........WHAT was I thinking!!!

Jill.....NOT that I know what pot smells like.... roflmao

What a day.........sometimes I think I'm the computer person in our co....had to change out part of a pos system, then fix a printer (someone put a new printer in cuz old one wouldn't work) and all it needed was a new CORD, order ink replacements......Now I'm exhausted!!..course, didn't get my own work done but oh well.....there's tomorrow!!!!

off to get dinner moving.......

jul Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 8:37 pm

Ok, just watched AI and all I thought of when Jason sang was TINY TIM(thanks to Jean)... Laughing They are for the most part a pretty talented group.......its too bad the winners get picked like a popularity contest......

Good thing they have you at work,Jul.......what would they do without you?? confused
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 9:03 pm

Suppers done, dishes in the dishwasher, shower over, watching the weather.

More storms, tornados, hail, rain..... should be an interesting night for some areas of the state.

I'm trying to talk my friend Cindi and her husband Gary into cruising with us in January. They've only ever been on one cruise and that was a NCL cruise around the Hawaiian Islands a few years ago. Keep your fingers crossed.

ANyway backed to playing with my embroidery machine.

d
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 9:10 pm

Kathy.................sometimes I wonder!!...however, I know that everyone is replaceable........only it's gonna take more than one person, that's for sure.....I wear sooo many hats sometimes it's crazy!!

Diane........yup, we're in for that same weather.........'large hail, and tornados'...no looking for it.....

j Smile
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 9:20 pm

Such great advice...really appreciate all your input!!!!! Even a b2b same itinerary would work for us as we loved just being on the ship lol. If it has to be a monster ship, oh well, we would survive. Wink

BON VOYAGE JILL! alien Hmm...Princess might be a thought.

Jean - What a bargain for a JS. Good for you.

Those cruises with all of you sound wonderful, just too soon after our September TA. We have to save our PTO, and it doesn't add up on your anniversary, we earn it each pay period. Wouldn't have enough ater 15+ days off for the TA Sad But really hope to cruise with you all again and would love to meet Kathy and Phil.

Since we made diamond, with no hope of ever reaching D+, might just have to check out some other lines. Did five carnival cruises many, many years ago, have done HAL (just too many oldies I Rolling Eyes like me) roflmao
Back to top Go down
TwitchOR
Charter Member
Charter Member
TwitchOR

Number of posts : 208

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 9:22 pm

[quote="cruiseforme"]Diane........yup, we're in for that same weather.........'large hail, and tornados'...no looking for it.....
/quote]

Hope the weather doesn't affect you. Sounds nasty.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 10:12 pm

Hope that Susan doesn't have any flight problems with all the flights canx in Chicago.......that would be a bummer to lose her time with her dad.........

j
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 11:59 pm

Nighty Night SPB's, & Kathy and Phil!!!
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 1:09 am

Well, crap. Don had said to go ahead and book the Monarch. Then he realized that it's the weekend that we're going to Princeton for Reunions weekend (we're both alums, but I don't care about the place anymore). Well, I had booked our airfare for the weekend before, told him about it, and he didn't say a thing, such as, "that's the wrong weekend." So it cost us $200pp plus a $40 increase in the airfare to change the flights. AND we can't go on Monarch!

Just for that I'm going to book another cruise on Monarch and we'll have to pay a fortune in summer rates. Too bad - I want to get another dozen in before she leaves me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:03 am

Morning.........

Diane and Jul,...Hope you guys didnt have much trouble with the storms last night..looks like wacky weather across the nation........6-12 inches of snow in MN!! affraid

Sorry you couldnt take advantage of the MN deal,Jean......how many times have you been on her?? You sound like me with the Sovereign(15 times,with 2 more booked)......so easy to take those weekend cruises,isnt it?? I know you'll really miss her....at least,when the SS goes, we'll still have the MN to take.....(I've been on her twice--once outta FL and once outta CA).....if the airfare wasnt so high,heck,I'd fly out there and take one more.......even with my $262 AA voucher,its not enuf.

Anyone watch Primetime about Randy Pausch?? He is so inspirational.....I did get a little teary eye at the end.........BTW--Im a Tigger..

Read this post this moring on CCC's roll call......she had said there wasnt enuf interest in a M and M........then a "newcomer" posted this........wonder if its anyone we know(Im sure it is)

#151 Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Report
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Post_new Yesterday, 09:25 PM

yachttmm123 Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 User_offline
vbmenu_register("postmenu_14182498", true);

Cool Cruiser

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon1

I don't think anyone else will sign up because of 1 babbling incoherent person
on this roll call.

Her posts on the NCL board are completely nuts and very hard to understand.

Many people have asked her to read her posts before she submits them,
but it has done no good.

If you notice some of the original posters, no longer post because of her.

It was a good roll call until people found out about her and her crazy ways.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 11:12 am

Morning All: Hope all is well with everyone this morning....
Jean: Sorry to hear about the Monarch cruise, but am sure you will make it up
somehow!!!
Will check back later...
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 12:41 pm

Good morning all........survived the storms lasts night..........lots of roads closed due to flooding, cannot believe how high the lakes and rivers are........Tablerock is about to peak and I think for the first time ever all 10 gates on the dam will open.....which when it does, lots of houses on Taneycomo will be in severe danger....CRAZY

Dentist this am......gone ONE hour and one register was down, a bird in the office, and a leak in the roof above my computer and servers.......NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Now back at work doing all damage control!

have a dry day y'all

j Smile
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 3:23 pm

Just stopping by to say Hi!

Nice sunny day here, warming up to the 70's! Very Happy

Going to Clear Lake for the weekend, what is everyone else doing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next