Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales

Go down 
+4
MrsMoose
plainjane83
cruizinmimi
FlyingPirate
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales Empty
PostSubject: Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales   Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 3:53 pm

Thought I'd kick this one off with one of my personal favorite,

Ralph Lauren's End of Summer Sale Is Now On:
http://www.ralphlauren.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=1760788
Back to top Go down
FlyingPirate
NCL Host
NCL Host

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales   Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 12:22 pm

Thanks! Even though it was this side of dangerous!

I had already hit the sales Nordstrom's and Macy's....I found a few more things I'd missed!

Ready to cruise!
Back to top Go down
cruizinmimi
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales   Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 6:56 pm

Dillards is having a huge sale and since I live in Texas, we had a tax-free weekend:D I found a lot of things for DH.

I hit the Nordstrom's sale a couple of weeks ago. Had a blast there. My favorite store.
Back to top Go down
plainjane83
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales   Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 6:04 pm

cruizinmimi wrote:
Dillards is having a huge sale and since I live in Texas, we had a tax-free weekend:D I found a lot of things for DH.

I hit the Nordstrom's sale a couple of weeks ago. Had a blast there. My favorite store.

Well the winter sales are on now-(I know old post)-but I love Dillards!

We just recently booked a cruise for April-just 3 months ahead. I already know most of my summer stuff will not fit-weight gain. No

I was fortunate enough to pick up some capris, skorts, and tops at Kohls left from last summer at 90% off. Laughing I am sure I will be buyingmore as soon as the shops have the summer stuff-but at least I did not pay fullprice for everything. TheFinger
Back to top Go down
MrsMoose
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales   Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 7:47 am

I think many of the dept stores always have some kind of sale going. Bloomies, NM, Saks, (all on line) seem to always have a sale dept.

Happy Shopping,

PS Hi Plainjaine, I made it Smile)))
Back to top Go down
plainjane83
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales   Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 9:56 am

MrsMoose wrote:
I think many of the dept stores always have some kind of sale going. Bloomies, NM, Saks, (all on line) seem to always have a sale dept.

Happy Shopping,

Hi-I see you found this webpage!
Back to top Go down
MrsMoose
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales   Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 11:16 am

plainjane83 wrote:
MrsMoose wrote:

Happy Shopping,

Yeah made it thank you Smile)
Back to top Go down
plainjane83
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales   Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 5:56 pm

MrsMoose wrote:
plainjane83 wrote:
MrsMoose wrote:

Happy Shopping,

Yeah made it thank you Smile)

I imagine I will be hitting all the sales for winter wear now! Then I will be ready for next year. Last year in late Feb./early March I found my hubby a Raplh Lauren blazer that was a 40% wool, 45%acrylic and 15% cshmere blend in a camel color. I only paid $40 for it! and it had been around $300.

He has worn it lots this winter, often as a blazer but often as an outer wear jacket on a mild winter day. He loves that blazer.

I always feel really good when I find something for him or my daughter that they love.

Now I just recently bought my self this dress in a faux silk crepe (but actually poly). It is brown background but has lots of teal and taupe in a small abstract print. the dress is sleeveless with a "V" in front, fitted around the bust and then has a high waist that flows out loosely and hits me about midcalf. The dress has a very "cocktailly" look to it and is flattering to me with my weight gain-makes me look slimmer. This dress was $50 but it had been $150. I am thinking about wearing this formal night on my next cruise in April with some bronze strappy sandels. Nothing wintery about this dress though-so I gues it was left from last summer or possibly fall.

I am going on HAL though-so I actually could wear this on a casual night since PAX tend to dress up more on that line. I have plenty of formal gowns that I could wear from past crusies I could repeat for formal night that still fit me-so I may just do that. ofcourse, knowing me, I will find a formal dress I must have before April!
Back to top Go down
MrsMoose
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales   Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 11:16 am

Hi, that brown dress you just got sounds very fashionable and lovely. The abstract prints are in this spring/summer from what I've seen. the bronze sandels will go perfectly as metalic is in. I think it sounds like a fantastic dress and I hope you wear in the best of health.

Happy shopping, I hope you find whatever you are looking for, I know it feels good when we find a good bargain and something we love at the same time.Smile
Back to top Go down
plainjane83
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales   Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 12:29 pm

MrsMoose wrote:
Hi, that brown dress you just got sounds very fashionable and lovely. The abstract prints are in this spring/summer from what I've seen. the bronze sandels will go perfectly as metalic is in. I think it sounds like a fantastic dress and I hope you wear in the best of health.

Happy shopping, I hope you find whatever you are looking for, I know it feels good when we find a good bargain and something we love at the same time.Smile

you know, i never know what I am looking for until I find it-I love to browse-and really as I have plenty of clothing-I only buy when soemthign really catches my interest.

Now I did recently buy some capris and skorts (that I found on deep clearance-left from last summer) I needed this stuff because of my weight gain-I needed summer day wear.

but I do have enough things I could wear for dinner as I have many things that are not seasonial but year round.

but since I love shopping I will continue! and ofcourse I am sure to find more things I like that I will take with me.

I do need some more shorts/skorts/capris-my guess is though since the season for that is coming up I will pay full price.
Back to top Go down
JeanMarie
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
JeanMarie

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales   Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 3:41 pm

If you're a Coldwater Creek Fan, like I am, there are lot of great sales going on!

http://www.coldwatercreek.com/StoreLocator/?cm_sp=Homepage%20Banners-_-Footer-_-Store%20Locator
Back to top Go down
Lets Go
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Lets Go

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales   Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 3:57 pm

Back to top Go down
Lilly
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Lilly

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales   Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 4:10 pm

Glad to see some action picking up here in the Fashions Department!
Back to top Go down
plainjane83
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales   Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 5:27 pm

Lilly wrote:
Mrs. Moose and I are old buds from the CC fashion board.

Mrs. Moose really knows about high fashion too!

Now me, I am more of a "bargain gal". B ut you know, it takes all kinds to make a board interesting! glad to meet you! sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales   Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 5:27 pm

plainjane83 wrote:
Lilly wrote:

Now me, I am more of a "bargain gal". B ut you know, it takes all kinds to make a board interesting! glad to meet you! sunny

Welcome! Welcome We're glad you found us!!
Back to top Go down
plainjane83
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales   Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 9:24 am

Host Jackie wrote:
plainjane83 wrote:
Lilly wrote:

Welcome! Welcome We're glad you found us!!

thanks- the power of "google" brought me here! then I told my friend Mrs. Moose-if everyone who comes here just tells one friend-this board will have tons of people in no time. Your popularity is growing I am sure. cheers
Back to top Go down
travelin' grandma

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales   Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 12:04 pm

Hey, PlainJane and Mrs. Moose, look who else found you!!! Take a good guess....you know me quite well. Maybe the others will join, too. Wink
Back to top Go down
plainjane83
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales   Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 7:31 pm

travelin' grandma wrote:
Hey, PlainJane and Mrs. Moose, look who else found you!!! Take a good guess....you know me quite well. Maybe the others will join, too. Wink

You are named after a Queen in the Bible.
Back to top Go down
travelin' grandma

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales   Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 8:40 am

Cool Yep.
Back to top Go down
plainjane83
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales   Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 1:24 pm

MrsMoose wrote:

Mrs. Moose, I went back to the same store today and got what was actually a blouse in the same print. BTW it is Jones new York brand-I know you know brands and I am sure that is considered a mid priced brand- but that will also give you a better idea of the dress.

The dress I did not describe too well either in it's color. It is chocolate brown background with bits of teal and a taupe; the taupe has a limey green undertone-so not the usual taupe-I don't actually know the name of the color-just think between taupe and lime green I guess! It looks pretty with the teal but if it was just chooclate and that color I would think YUK!. As I said before, it is in a small abstract print. The blouse which I feel could be worn over it-hits at my waist-so like a slightly longer shrug-it buttons up-but I could leave it open also-and has gathers in the back to make it fitted. it will be perfect for when I want or need more coverage. heck, with the blouse with it, the dress would even be appropriate for church!

My cruise in April is 6 day on HAL westerdam- and repositions that month to Alaska -so I guess it had to be shortened a day since the ship is repositioning. No one seems to know if there is one formal night or two. So I decided I will take this dress and either way and I will wear it-if we have a second formal night-I will wear it the second night with a pashmina shawl I have in a light teal-if there is only one formal night-I will wear it with the top over it-so it looks more like a "church dress".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales   Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Department Stores And Specialty Store Sales
Page 1 of 1