Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mazatlan, Mexico information

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mazatlan Frank
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Mazatlan, Mexico information Empty
PostSubject: Mazatlan, Mexico information   Mazatlan, Mexico information Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 2:18 am

Hola amigos
I am going to start this thread so you can ask questions about this beautiful city of Mazatlan. I will also try to post some useful information here. Gracias!

Mazatlan Frank
Back to top Go down
Mazatlan Frank
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Mazatlan, Mexico information   Mazatlan, Mexico information Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 11:20 pm

Well here I am again. I have been checking in and looking to see if anyone has questions about Mazatlan.
If you do, please go ahead amigos

Mazatlan Frank
Back to top Go down
Scorpio Gal
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Scorpio Gal

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Mazatlan, Mexico information   Mazatlan, Mexico information Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 8:10 pm

We're thinking of booking Mariner of the Seas next June and Mazatlan is one of the ports. We've been to California and we've been to Mexico in the Caribbean, however, this is our first time on the Mexican Riviera. What do you recommend as must see points of interest in Mazatlan for the first time visitor?
Back to top Go down
http://grandprincessholidaycruise2008.blogspot.com/
Mazatlan Frank
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Things to see in Mazatlan   Mazatlan, Mexico information Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 11:55 pm

Scorpio Gal wrote:
We're thinking of booking Mariner of the Seas next June and Mazatlan is one of the ports. We've been to California and we've been to Mexico in the Caribbean, however, this is our first time on the Mexican Riviera. What do you recommend as must see points of interest in Mazatlan for the first time visitor?

Thank you for your enquire. The Mariner of the Seas will be arriving in Mazatlan, starting Feb 2009 and will come during the summer also. It will be changing for the Vision of the Seas.
Mazatlan is a beautiful port even though, I have read some people that do not like it. I think that they probably had a bad experience and that is why they do not like mazatlan.
People I have known, love Mazatlan and come back. Actually there is so much investment going on and most of these projects are full time condos, meaning that people are moving in to mazatlan. Most of the buyers are americans and canadians. And I must say that these condos are selling like tortillas!

Anyways, about your questions. I suggest take a tour, but take a real tour, not the ones that you get on board or with the taxi drivers, that are only interested in the comissions they recieve from stores.
I recommend a real tour that takes you to the old mazatlan (the most beautiful area of mazatlan), downtown to the cathedral and market, to see the cliff divers, go and see the new marina with all the new projects. There is a lot to see.
If you are not into tours, no problem, but go and see these things on your own. Specially the old part. You could probably spend half the day or a full day just in the old mazatlan, visiting the angela peralta theatre, casa machado museum, the art museum, go to Nidart, which is a beautiful restored house turned into an art gallery. Have lunch at one of the restaurants around the machado plaza or go to aroma spa for a massage.

There is a lot to do in mazatlan. If you have any special requests for mazatlan, any questions of something you would like to do, please ask.

Hope this helps......

Mazatlan Frank
Back to top Go down
Love2Hula
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Love2Hula

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Mazatlan, Mexico information   Mazatlan, Mexico information Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 11:50 pm

Frank! So good to see you!! I haven't been on these boards for a while. My job has me working crazy 50 hrs/week and it was supposed to be part time.

I so miss Mazatlan. It is probably my favorite port in Mexico. Many time we have considered coming back for more than a day!

I think the people that don't enjoy Mazatlan are not getting far from port or only hitting the Golden Zone. So much more to see & do!! Take a tour! Or head over to Stone Island for a day on the beach. So many other things we want to try too!
Back to top Go down
Mazatlan Frank
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Mazatlan, Mexico information   Mazatlan, Mexico information Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 1:11 am

Love2Hula wrote:
Frank! So good to see you!! I haven't been on these boards for a while. My job has me working crazy 50 hrs/week and it was supposed to be part time.

I so miss Mazatlan. It is probably my favorite port in Mexico. Many time we have considered coming back for more than a day!

I think the people that don't enjoy Mazatlan are not getting far from port or only hitting the Golden Zone. So much more to see & do!! Take a tour! Or head over to Stone Island for a day on the beach. So many other things we want to try too!

Hola amiga!
Sorry for the delay. It is very nice to hear from you here. Well here I am also.

Any questions or tips you might need about mazatlan please do not hesitate to email me.

Have a great week!

Mazatlan Frank
Back to top Go down
Mazatlan Frank
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Mazatlan, Mexico information   Mazatlan, Mexico information Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 1:12 am

About the cliff divers........

I will talk about one of our interesting stops in Mazatlan. It is the Cliff divers. When you think of cliff divers you always think of Acapulco, but we have had them here since the 1960's. Yes we have cliff divers. It is very interesting. It is a rock platform that they climb up and it is around 45 feet high and the water is normally 5 to 6 feet deep. These past weeks it has been a low tide and when it is low, sometimes it probably has 3 or 4 feet of water. Thay wait for the right wave to bring in some more water and dive. There is a group of around 8 or 9 divers, which take turns. When there are other people seeing, you tip them a dollar per person. If there are no others, then they will probably ask you for 10us and they will do it. It is quite interesting to see and very dangerous.
A taxi from the ship to the divers should be around 5 us per taxi one way.

Enjoy!

Mazatlan Frank
Back to top Go down
Mazatlan Frank
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Señor Frogs in Mazatlan   Mazatlan, Mexico information Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 1:43 am

Did you know that the Señor Frogs restaurant bar (not the stores) started in Mazatlan? Yes, we have the original Señor Frogs which started in the 1970´s at the Hotel Las Arenas (Sands) on Avenida del Mar and moved in the 1980's to where it is now, three blocks north of the original location.
Other Señor Frogs now are in P.V., Tijuana, Cancun, Acapulco, Puerto Rico and other locations.
Good drinks and a wild place, good for dancing on the tables (been there, done that). My favorite, the BBQ ribs, very good!
Well, the news now is that Señor frogs is moving from its location for years to El Cid Hotel. Yes, they will be on the main avenue in the golden zone (Av Camaron Sabalo) at El Cid, so they will be in the action zone.
They plan to move there this summer 2008. I will let you know more when I hear more.

Just so you know.............

Mazatlan Frank
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mazatlan, Mexico information   Mazatlan, Mexico information Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 12:22 pm

Wow, now that's an interesting tidbit!! Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Mazatlan Frank
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Mazatlan, Mexico information   Mazatlan, Mexico information Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 2:17 am

FormerlySanFranBayCruiser wrote:
Wow, now that's an interesting tidbit!! Thanks for sharing!

I am glad that all this helps. It is my way of promoting the city and the points of interest.

Any questions please ask!

Mazatlan Frank
Back to top Go down
Mazatlan Frank
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Mazatlan, Mexico information   Mazatlan, Mexico information Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 5:46 pm

I have taken people to places where they pay with their credit card and almost get a heart attack.
Remember that we are in Mexico and the currency is the Mexican Peso. That means that when you get charged, you get charged in Pesos not in dollars, so that means that your lunch bill was not $700us it was $700 pesos.
When you get your bill back home, you get it converted in dollars. I have heard from many people that actually your bill is even less, due to the international rate of exchange.
Just so you all know........

Mazatlan Frank
Back to top Go down
Mazatlan Frank
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Mazatlan, Mexico information   Mazatlan, Mexico information Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 12:02 am

Wireless Internet in Mazatlan

In case you bring your laptop on the cruise, and you want to use it. There is wireless internet at the food area of La Gran Plaza mall, also at McDonalds in the golden zone. Some of the hotels have it also, some is free off the air and some might require a password.
Although you probably will not go there, but they have it also at the Mazatlan airport.
If you did not bring your laptop there are plenty of cyber cafes around the city. In the terminal building at the dock, there is one, but But still it is less then on the ships....

Hope this helps.

Mazatlan Frank
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Mazatlan, Mexico information   Mazatlan, Mexico information Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 3:12 pm

Hi!

We will be cruising with family the week before Christmas. I here it is pretty crazy that time of year? Can you suggest an excursion that would be easy and appropiate for a disabled person, in a wheel chair.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Mazatlan Frank
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Mazatlan, Mexico information   Mazatlan, Mexico information Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 4:29 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
Hi!

We will be cruising with family the week before Christmas. I here it is pretty crazy that time of year? Can you suggest an excursion that would be easy and appropiate for a disabled person, in a wheel chair.

Thanks!

Hola amigos
Sorry for the delay. The real busy season normally is after christmas or new years so I do not think there is a problem. I think that any excursion would be ok as long as you travel in a van. The best way is a private tour so you can go anywhere you want for the time you want.
There are a couple of vans that actually have a ramp. If you want information about this, let me know.
Gracias!

Mazatlan Frank
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Mazatlan, Mexico information   Mazatlan, Mexico information Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Mazatlan Frank wrote:
JJ2sail wrote:
Hi!

Thanks!

Hola amigos
Sorry for the delay. The real busy season normally is after christmas or new years so I do not think there is a problem. I think that any excursion would be ok as long as you travel in a van. The best way is a private tour so you can go anywhere you want for the time you want.
There are a couple of vans that actually have a ramp. If you want information about this, let me know.
Gracias!

Mazatlan Frank

Thank you, that makes sense. I will contact you when we get closer to December.
Back to top Go down
Mazatlan Frank
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Mazatlan, Mexico information   Mazatlan, Mexico information Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 2:54 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
Mazatlan Frank wrote:
JJ2sail wrote:
Hi!

Thanks!

Hola amigos
Gracias!

Mazatlan Frank

Thank you, that makes sense. I will contact you when we get closer to December.

Ok amigos! Just do it a little ahead of time because there are only a few and they might get booked early.
Have a great weekend!

Mazatlan Frank
Back to top Go down
frannieburr
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: mama mucuos   Mazatlan, Mexico information Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 11:58 pm

so very many years ago when i went to mazatlan all that time we took a cab to a resturant in an alley names mama mucos.. don't know if i am spelling that right. does anyone know if it is still there? it was great
Back to top Go down
Mazatlan Frank
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Mazatlan, Mexico information   Mazatlan, Mexico information Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 4:51 pm

frannieburr wrote:
so very many years ago when i went to mazatlan all that time we took a cab to a resturant in an alley names mama mucos.. don't know if i am spelling that right. does anyone know if it is still there? it was great

Sorry for the bigggg delayy. I havent been here for a while. It is called MAMUCAS and even though the owner past away several years ago, the restaurant is still there. I have not been there for a while. It is on Simon Bolivar street, between 5 de mayo and guillermo nelson streets.
Hope this helps.

Mazatlan Frank
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mazatlan, Mexico information   Mazatlan, Mexico information Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mazatlan, Mexico information
Page 1 of 1