Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 12:44 pm

Morning.......just stopping by quickly to say hello. Off to the grocery store today..........my big day out.

Phil, love your response to her on that Celebrity cruise. It's really sad that she is the way she is.

Kathy, my signature is back to normal. The ones in bold are RCI ships and that's the way I had set it up. You can't select a size font when making up your signature.

Hope Sheila is having a good day!! Laughing

Check back later..................
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 1:56 pm

PH8 wrote:
notsoawesome wrote:
Well, her £6K Celebrity Concierge Class review has gone now. She won't have many left at this rate!

Phil

So Jen-how did the scrapbooking part of your cruise go??

I guess, I did sort of skim over that part huh?

OKay, overall it went pretty well, but we had a few snafu's.

Apparantly Monarch has a new Hotel director or Group director or something, and so they would not give us a key to the conference room. So the first night the last person in there had to wait from midnight when she called to have the room locked up until 1:30 am until Security showed up with a key. So, Bob went and had a talk with someone, Trudy maybe? And then they left us a key at the Guest relations desk to lock up Sat Night, but then on Sunday, when I went to get a key, guest relations would not give me one, and once again we had to wait for Security. Overall the conference room was fine, accept the lighting was just to dim. Everyone liked my decorations, even the Scrapbookers in the other room, came and took pictures of our room.
We ended up staying in there and not moving elsewhere on the sea day, because everyone had just to much stuff to haul around. They kept the room stocked with juice and water, coffee, tea, etc... and brought us warm cookies in the afternoon, and I asked for fruit in the mornings instead of donuts, which was brought, no problem.

We kept having other passengers wander in and wanting to join our group, I think I could have made some money there! Laughing Just kidding!

We had one group of four ladies, that were pretty hard core partiers, that only made it to the conference room once for a couple of hours on Sunday, but pretty much everyone else would do a couple of hours in the morning and again in the afternoon and evening. I never made it to the shops, spa, or most of the shows, I had the lowest sea pass bill ever! $7.70!!!!! It was actually 57.70, but I had a the $50 on board booking credit. My sister on the other hand, volunteered to be a model for the Spa tour, and get a free facial, by the time she was done, she had baught $400 worth of face stuff!!! What a Face

Anyway, I already have people asking me when the next one is! So I hope RC can get a ship to replace Monarch fast!

It was also very nice to have our Travel Agent on board with us, to handle everything, especially with a bunch of new cruisers, he really went out of his way, so I didn't have to worry about anything. Thanks again Jean for sharing Bob and your Monarch!

Jen
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 2:12 pm

Morning all....

More sleet and snow on it's way.......will be putting a major snafu in the StL trip for the skating show.....don't know if they will cancel it if it's major ice or not (or maybe they'll skate their way to the show!!)

Sheila....good luck.....I'm still tooo CHICKEN to set mine up..........most I did was set up the mammo...

Donated several vials of blood yday for reg ckup......yikes, I must be getting thinner blood as it HURT all day!!

off to get some major work done.......I've been just a little on the procrastinator side lately!!

have a great day y'all.....

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 3:37 pm

notsoawesome wrote:
I don't think my posting rights are going to remain much longer on the following website:

http://www.viewpoints.com/Celebrity-Cruises-Summit-review-4d96

Phil
Ohhhh Phil.................your comment is gone!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 5:10 pm

Good afternoon everybody. I'm having a wonderful day. No Thanks for asking. I worked this morning. Taught my classes and then had two students for swim lessons. all that on Jello, tea and juice. I'm home and it's snowing like crazy as I sip on my chicken broth. I will definitely hurt someone or something if I get cancelled in the morning after this. I start drinking the lethal brew at 6pm and then look out. affraid I'll be very glad to have this over and done.

Phil I missed your response did anyone copy it? I think we should call it our "Hobby" as we chase her around the internet.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 5:44 pm

Darn.did I miss something?? I'll go add my 2 cents and see who gets the boot faster.......me or Phil... Razz

Sounds like all in all,you had a good experience with your scrapbooking Jen....

Im with you Jul....havent had THAT test yet either.......Ok, I was scheduled once but I didnt have the $1000 that wanted upfront.......(sucky insurance).....

Sure hope the weather clears for you,Sheila...........
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 5:58 pm

I thought I was seeing things when I read the review and couldn't find Phil's post.....mmmmmmmmmmm

Fighting computer/phone line issues today........sure will be glad IF and WHEN they ever get fixed..........course, I probably have better chance of winning the powerball...... bounce

Jen......glad the cruise went well......you've got about as many pages done as I do so far........for some reason I'm not as motivated to get this one done...maybe it's cuz I don't want to have it done and be forgotten.....it was tooo special of a cruise.

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 7:13 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
I thought I was seeing things when I read the review and couldn't find Phil's post.....mmmmmmmmmmm

Fighting computer/phone line issues today........sure will be glad IF and WHEN they ever get fixed..........course, I probably have better chance of winning the powerball...... bounce

Jen......glad the cruise went well......you've got about as many pages done as I do so far........for some reason I'm not as motivated to get this one done...maybe it's cuz I don't want to have it done and be forgotten.....it was tooo special of a cruise.

jul Smile

I know what you mean, I wish we could re do the cruise every year with all the same folks, except of course you know who! Well if nothing else I guess she was entertaining, but I felt so bad for her victims!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 7:23 pm

Hey.....we made it to page 69!!!!!

Kathy......loved your 2 cents worth. Let's see how long it lasts.

Sheila............oh my, the dreaded stuff to drink. Sad Jim had to do that.........I had to drink some lemon stuff in water 4 times a day and then take 2 little pills before I went to bed. That was not pleasant either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 8:09 pm

This message was in my comments box on Viewpoints website:

I wanted to give you advance warning that I will be
removing several comments you have left on the site bc you reference a
persons "real" name. This is a violation of our privacy policy and is
not acceptable on our site. Thanks for your understanding.
tongue
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 8:25 pm

notsoawesome wrote:
This message was in my comments box on Viewpoints website:

I wanted to give you advance warning that I will be
removing several comments you have left on the site bc you reference a
persons "real" name. This is a violation of our privacy policy and is
not acceptable on our site. Thanks for your understanding.
tongue
Well, kiss my grits! Laughing

Hey Phil.....you should have just referenced her as "BM"............suits her to a tee.........cause we all know what she is full of!!! roflmao
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 10:47 pm

Hi Gang,

Phil, pulleeeeeeeez, no insult intended...we are all in the same boat, so to speak. Appreciate you sharing the BS some of us miss while at work. Smile

Jen - I think the group of scrapbookers on our cruise the week before had something a bit stronger than coffee, tea, juice...LOL They were a pretty rowdy group, but they we having tons of fun.

Sheila - Will be thinking about you tomorrow...hope it's not to tough on you. Guess I'm another naughty one...won't tell you how long it's been since I've seen my doctor...and now with the really $%#@^% insurance they put us with, will probably be a lot longer. Just have to stay well. Embarassed

Patti (and any other AI junkies)....I've got my favorite already! GO DAVID! Such a joy to see how thrilled he is to be there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 11:26 pm

Hey there, I'm hanging in there. It may take me an hour to complete this post lol! but things are slowing down a bit. Anybody watching BB? It's really something.
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 12:19 am

Sheila, I hope you get a good night's rest. Glad things are slowing down, and that the worst is over.

I watch BB brother, but not keen on the concept this year. Neutral
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 1:26 am

Jen, I'm glad the cruise went well for you! Monarch is apparently going through some changes, and not for the better. Captain Karen has decided that she won't allow any more bridge tours or dine with any guests. I respect her right to keep us off the bridge for security or distraction reasons, but the idea that she won't socialize is a little harder to swallow, pun intended. She IS an ambassador for RCI, after all. Harrumph!

Chris, I texted in a vote for David - what a cutie!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 6:31 am

Don't worry, Chris. No insult taken Wink

Patti, I think there may still be a couple of comments with her name in still there that CCC hasn't spotted and reported. Mmmm, she just looks so smart and smug in this photo, doesn't she? Wonder how long she'll keep these ones on her profile page?
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 1195043599-93531_full
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 10:53 am

Couldn't eat breakfast because I needed to go for fasting blood-work, now I'm glad I didn't No !

After seeing that picture I'd have lost it. See really does think she's something doesn't she?

I think you're right Sheila, it's become our hobby. Tracking her down and reporting on all the really stupid stuff she says.

Anyway, wet and very dreary here today. We're lucky though as the temps won't go below 45 so we don't have to worry about anything freezing.

Will check in later.

d
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 11:06 am

Good luck Sheila.....

Freezing rain, sleet and crap here today.........guess that's the final blow in letting me get to St L for the skating show......course, I could always "skate" there!!....I guess I need to start praying that the 'stars' can't make it either and the show is canx......considering they were in a a different city last night, it is probable that they won't get there.........time will tell......

Diane, did my fasting bloodwork on Tues......results came yday by email....fast!..Wasn't totally pleased tho.......

Kathy.......my iron is STILL at the bottom of acceptable.......guess it takes a long time and a crapload of broccoli!!!!

Gotta work on cholesterol too.....numbers are good but hdl is 4pt high and ldl is one point high....total c is good.....very strange very strange.......oatmeal here I come...ICK

have a great day........guess I'm iced in so may have to scpbk

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 12:47 pm

notsoawesome wrote:

Patti, I think there may still be a couple of comments with her name in still there that CCC hasn't spotted and reported. Mmmm, she just looks so smart and smug in this photo, doesn't she? Wonder how long she'll keep these ones on her profile page?
I'm sorry, but I am going to be mean right now. She needs to wear something that conceals her very protruding front below the waist.

The expression says it all.............."I am special, I will be treated with respect, I will attempt to get whatever I can for nothing while on this cruise no matter what it takes."
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 12:52 pm

Regarding Michael on AI. I think he has a wonderful voice and a beautiful smile. Did you all know that he won Star Search at the age of 7 or 8, I believe. He had a CD for sale on his MySpace, but after making it to the final 24 on AI, it has disappeared.

Regarding the girls last night...........UGH! Well, out of the last 5 that performed......4 were very good.

It will be interesting to see which 4 go home tonight.

Sheila............thinking about you today. Very Happy

Oh my.......we are now on page 70!!
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 1:22 pm

critterchick wrote:
Jen, I'm glad the cruise went well for you! Monarch is apparently going through some changes, and not for the better. Captain Karen has decided that she won't allow any more bridge tours or dine with any guests. I respect her right to keep us off the bridge for security or distraction reasons, but the idea that she won't socialize is a little harder to swallow, pun intended. She IS an ambassador for RCI, after all. Harrumph!

Chris, I texted in a vote for David - what a cutie!

That's to bad about the Captain. She did come to the Platinum and Diamond reception, but she didn't stay long and didn't really socialize. I could tell things were a bit different, but I think the regular staff like Danney and others I don't remember by name really make that ship. My friends are all hooked, we are up to 10 cabins four our June sailing!

I've been catching bits and pieces of AI, I liked the last singer from last night the best.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 1:27 pm

Good Morning Ladies & Gentlemen,

Been reading and reading trying to catch up. Have limited access to my computer as it is incased in plastic wrap and I have uncovered long enough to read this site and check e-mails.

Hope everyone has a great day. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 1:27 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
notsoawesome wrote:

I'm sorry, but I am going to be mean right now. She needs to wear something that conceals her very protruding front below the waist.

The expression says it all.............."I am special, I will be treated with respect, I will attempt to get whatever I can for nothing while on this cruise no matter what it takes."

Actually Patti, I thought she looked pretty good in this photo, maybe only about 4 months along, she looked atleast 8 months along on the Radiance! roflmao I'm sorry, I am bad, so bad! hide
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 2:04 pm

Now that is bad, Jen!!!!!!!!!!! ThumpsUp ThumpsUp I just can not picture her being a mother...to anything but her bird.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 2:18 pm

My eyes! My eyes! affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Royal Caribbean :: Royal Caribbean All Aboard! (Roll Call) :: 2007-
Jump to: