Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 7:11 am

Chris--thanks for the welcome, we also look forward to time with you in Sept.

Mar--now that I am using this site again, a message comes to me that there is a new posting. It has the link which I cut and paste into the web line and this pops up.

Another work day for me then off for a week while our daughter and family visit. We are excited about that and have lots planned.

Have a great day, all.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 10:23 am

I used to get the notification that a post has been made but haven't had that in a long time. I didn't change anything so never understood why it quit coming....

We had snow predicted last night and thankfully did NOT get it.........I've about seen enough.

The weather out in LV looks GR8......low to mid 70's sounds awesome.......cannot wait.

Tons to do today.....spent my day yday helping to break down a store that we are closing.........that was more work than I felt like doing!!

Have a gr8 Tues y'all...........hope you don't get the snow either Patti, I'm sure you've seen more than you wanted this year too.

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 10:49 am

Morning all. Nice today here in Dallas.

Busy schedule here with interviews to do and meetings to go to.

I also have my 6 month check up with my endocrinologist to get the results of my blood tests from last week and see how my thyroid is doing. I haven't lost any additional weight and that never makes her happy. Oh well.

Have a great day every one.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 11:49 am

Good Morning Everyone, Not on 'til 3pm today so I'm off to do pre-cruise chores today. Patti we saw a report from Cleveland on the "Today" show this morning. Looks like you got shellacked again. Bob wants to know why you weren't there waving to the cameras. We looked for you but all we saw was a suspicious looking person with long blonde hair. affraid

There is more snow north of us this morning but nothing here, just overcast.
I'll catch up with all of you later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 12:39 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
Good Morning Everyone, Not on 'til 3pm today so I'm off to do pre-cruise chores today. Patti we saw a report from Cleveland on the "Today" show this morning. Looks like you got shellacked again. Bob wants to know why you weren't there waving to the cameras. We looked for you but all we saw was a suspicious looking person with long blonde hair. affraid

Wasnt she doing the interviews?? Razz

Had the Taco Soup last night and it was sooooooooo spicy(for me,not Dennis).....Im not sure why the difference,unless last time I bought mild taco seasoning or mild Rotel.......this time I didnt......

Expecting rain here today......Dennis is busy cutting the grass while he can...........

G/L at the doctor,Diane........

Welcome Nancy.........I wasnt on the cruise with all of you,but was a wannabee!! (Im kathy)

Stay warm all......
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 1:27 pm

Good morning everyone..............it has been snowing since about 4AM this morning. We have about 4 inches but the prediction is 9 inches when all is said and done when the weather advisory is lifted at 4AM tomorrow morning. I think they might have gotten it right this time. It is a pretty snow that just hangs on the trees and shrubs.............there is no wind and it is not very cold out...........well, OK, it's 32 degrees.

Gee Sheila, had I known that the cameras were up and running, I would have been there to wave at you all. The BIG debate is being held here tonight at Cleveland State University between BO and HC (sorry folks, can't spell his name)..............wonder if our dear friend has been employed to take them to the beach today to enjoy the waves!! Laughing

Kathy, sounds like you used medium or hot taco mix.

Have a great day..............check back later.

Last edited by cruisenfever on Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 1:48 pm

Morning everyone, Thanks for all the well wishes. I am feeling better today, and DH is holding up pretty well, hopefully he doesn't get my cold. The sun is out finally.

I can always count on you guys for a chuckle! Smile That makes me smile!
Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 3:18 pm

Hi All,
Thanks everyone for the helpful hints on how to find y'all..will try some of them next time, and if all else fails....will bug Sheila.

Good to see Nancy here....Hi Starquest mate!!!!!

Our weather has finally turned to Spring and we are expecting 70s this week....hope it stays that way through next week when we leave on the Vision AGAIN! This is a reunion for some of us that were on the Member Cruise on the Vision last year...and this is the cruise that Bob and I go Zipping on....Wheeeeeeeeeee cheers Cool HappyHappyJoyJoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am mostly packed with a few things to throw in the AM of....Bob will wait until the last two days prior....Men!

Did y'all hear that Holland America's ship returned to San Diego with about 100 cases of Norovirus onboard? Yuk!
Also heard from my Chiropractor (who's father-in law is on a cruise out here) that bands of masked men are kidnapping folks in Tiajuana and Ensenada and they were either warned or not allowed off the ship because of it.....none of this has made our news out here. Kinda scary since we are going to Ensenada in May on the Monarch.....Jean (critterchick) haveyou heard anything like that?

Gotta go get some housework done...
Mar~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 3:29 pm

Hi all, I'm back from my morning out. Nails done (I timed it so I can go in 3 weeks and get fixed up to cruise) Dry cleaning and repairs dropped off, empty lipstick replaced. I'm grabbing a bite to eat then off to work 3pm to 6pm and then Worship Team practice at 7pm so I'll be out until about 9pm.
Jen I'm glad to hear from you and that your holding up pretty well.
Kathy the mild Rotel is pretty spicy so if you bought the hot version it would account for the fact that the soup was very spicy. I found that it was spicy enough for me using the mild.
Bob and I are on strict portion control diets so I havn't made any of the delicious recipes from here for a while and I'm longing for something like that but we said we'd stick to it until we leave for our Splendour cruise and then try to be good on the ship. We shall see. My mouth is watering though.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 8:15 pm

Mar........in regards to the Holland America ship, apparently the passengers weren't using BONINE to prevent the Noro (according to CCC that prevents it)... HappyHappyJoyJoy

Kathy..........yup, I'm with everyone else, you must not have used mild....I use all the blandest and still have good flavor.....my dd uses the hot versions and I can't eat hers at all......

Patti.....enjoy the snow......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 8:17 pm

Haha..you crack me up Patti.....(about BO and HC going to the beach Razz ).thats pretty good....

HAL should use OUST spray......after all,our local reviewer says it gets rid of Norvo! affraid

The Taco Soup,I think is pretty healthy, except for the sodium.....canned food is loaded with it.......Dennis is trying to eat healthier(unlike me Cool ).......Im gonna make sure I buy MILD stuff next time......BTW-it was just as good with the ground chicken too.

Under tornado watch till 11pm.........lost power for a few mins.......enuf to mess up all the digital stuff......had to reset all the clocks........we were eating lunch out and the power went out in the town........was hoping they couldnt do credit cards,but they had a battery back up.......darn.......(I really would have come back and paid them anyway.)

PS.Im now using this same name on CC..........PH8.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 8:18 pm

First Bonine.....then OUST.. Shocked

http://www.viewpoints.com/Oust-Surface-Disinfectant-Air-Sanitizer-review-935d4

Dont know why the cruiselines dont consult her for help on this?? haha
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 8:23 pm

Kathy--thanks for the welcome. We must meet on a cruise sometime in the near future. We spend six months in Seminole, FL so not that far from you.

Mar--hello to you, we really must cruise together again sometime soon.

Diane--hope the thyroid news was good,

Patti--the snow sounds terrible, so glad we are out of that but you have had more then your share this year.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 8:55 pm

Speaking of Julie's Taco Soup.........I had a doctor's appt. yesterday and was telling her about this great soup. She told me that I should use the raw beans and cook them instead of the canned beans because of all the sodium. I just looked at her and laughed............told her that once in a while I am going to enjoy eating unhealthy!!

Found a quick and easy way to fix chicken. Take a package of Italian seasoning mix, 1/2 cup grated parmesean cheese and 1/2 t garlic (optional). Coat slightly moistened chicken breasts and bake for half an hour at 400 degrees. This is actually on the box of Italian seasoning mix, so I can't take credit for it. I used 3 legs and 2 thighs (cause that's all I had) and put the chicken on a rack in a shallow backing pan. You talk about a crispy coating.............of course, that's the unhealthy part of the chicken..........the skin.

Well, it's still snowing here. Supposed to continue on and off until tomorrow night. Just want it to go away.

Hi Jen........nice to hear from you. Give Jim a big hug from the sisters here...........we are all thinking about you both and your family.
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 11:28 pm

You all were busy today and espectially glad to "see" Jen at such a difficult time. Hang in there kiddo.

Julie - We'll try and keep the good weather for you, and remember if you have a second to give us a holler, would love to see you. Know how busy people get while they are here, though I can't imagine why... Rolling Eyes

Loved the Oust and bonine cures comments.

Twisted Evil

Must try that taco soup one of these days! Actually must get Martha to try ALL of the recipies soon. Wink
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 11:35 pm

My pick to win it all on AI is David Archuleta...........what a voice!!

Kathy........I have a dumb question..............did you change your screen name on CC? Did you start the thread on the new wines listed? If you didn't, then I thanked somebody with the wrong first name!! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 11:54 pm

Chris...........email me your phone numbers if you could.......I can't find my address book that I put them in.......tks!!
jul:)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 12:05 am

cruisenfever wrote:
My pick to win it all on AI is David Archuleta...........what a voice!!

Kathy........I have a dumb question..............did you change your screen name on CC? Did you start the thread on the new wines listed? If you didn't, then I thanked somebody with the wrong first name!! Embarassed

Yup, that was me........I changed my name...............figured most call me that anyway........I mentioned it in the top post of this page...... Very Happy

Didnt watch AI yet.......will tomorrow...........watched the rest of Raisin in the Sun....very good!!!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 10:52 am

My Endo Dr lowered my dosage back to 100 and I'll go back to see her in May. Gained 4 pounds since the last time I was there, she just smiled and said the weather will be getting better. I said that's really no excuse I just need to get my A$$ moving I thought she was going to fall off her chair laughing.

Patti I think my daughter and her BF make chicken that way, they really like it.

So, Patti how did Ohio survive the debates? Do you think our "buddy" was front and center?

Well Wednesday is my marathon meeting and conference call day so here I go.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 11:39 am

Morning all..........

Sounds like you had an ok doctor visit,Diane..........I go next week and dread the weigh in......hope its wamr out,so I can wear shorts and flip flops.. lol!

Gonna be a cold night........all the way to the Keys,which is not the norm...........time to cover the plants.........PITA.......one day,a/c....next heat.......

Hope everyone is doing well!!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 1:23 pm

Morning everyone from a very snow covered Northeastern Ohio. Got about 5 more inches over night thanks to Lake Michigan, Lake Superior and Lake Erie. Gotta love those lakes.

Kathy, I read your post on the top of page 10........it just didn't register! Now, how much begging did you have to do with "mom" to get it changed?

Haave a wonderful day.............check back later.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 1:30 pm

I am FINALLY out of the dialup mode here.......I've entered the 00's!!... cheers finally have hispeed here at work....and it's actually hooked up and WORKING!!..OMG, u just don't know what an accomplishment that is for here!!

Kathy.....good luck on the weigh in.....

Diane.......I wear a pedometer every day.........goal is 10,000 steps....when I first started wearing it I found out I was LAZY....most days was about 2,000 steps...YIKES, so now I hit 10g's plus almost daily....when I have a lazy day I make sure I tmill it longer.....

lots to get done today so have a great day y'all

jul Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 1:38 pm

Patti---------all I did was go to the contact us area and sent off an email..Mom had nothing to do with it......someone named Cecilia......who was very nice and patient with me(I have 2 emails and gve her the wrong one at first)......she probably didnt know my history. Laughing

I wonder how many steps I take in a day....how many you think from the kitchen to the computer?? jocolor I am headed out soon to take the dogs for a walk..

OK RIDDLE of the day........what does this mean??

"I was ready for $500 off
but them I learned that my TA got additional money off ($100) so she told me to pay off the $360 due & ise the $500 in October for the Canada/NE cruise. Then I am to buy 4 $250 deposits to get $400 OBC that will go for 2009 cruises in advance for BA AFT or cheap mini. We want to get 1 more 11 night cruise for 2008. We have 4 nights left from Canada/NE & a week not booked."
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 3:14 pm

Good morning everyone,

Jen read of your father in law passing away and wanted to say you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Guys are here putting on drawers and cabinet doors in all three rooms. It is looking so nice.

Not much time to spend on the computer cause of the dust but wanted to drop by. Had some trouble getting here but figured out.

You'll take care.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 6:24 pm

So all of my meetings are over for the day HappyHappyJoyJoy

Jul, I sometimes wear a pedometer too. But, lately we're so busy I barely have time to eat lunch. On Monday I was sitting here and at one point when I glanced at the clock on my computer I said holy cow where did the day go? It was after 3 and I hadn't even taken time to go for afternoon tea or a BR break.

Ginny sounds like you are finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. We'd love to see pictures.

Kathy she speaks a different dialect then we do, I'm sure of it! BlahBlahBlah

Patti: Hope you and LJ are keeping warm enough, hate to rub it in but the sun is shining nice and bright here and the current temp is 61.

So do you think Jill and Dave are having a good time?

d
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Royal Caribbean :: Royal Caribbean All Aboard! (Roll Call) :: 2007-
Jump to: