Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Airline Ticket Question

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joon
Joon

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-09-22

Airline Ticket Question Empty
PostSubject: Airline Ticket Question   Airline Ticket Question Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 2:52 pm

I know this is a cruise board but, maybe one of the TAs will have an answer to my question. I have a friend flying into the United States from the Philippines in May. We know his date of arrival is May 5th but, is uncertain of his return date. Can you tell me how an open ended ticket works and if it can be purchased on-line? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/joonjulyandaugust
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Airline Ticket Question   Airline Ticket Question Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 5:08 pm

Since he is flying from the Philippines he should really talk to a TA over there. The rules are different for each airline and most will not let you book an open ticket online. If you still wish to handle it yourselves search for the best price and call that airline directly.

"Hopelessly lost when not planning a cruise."

www.ambiancetc.com
Nina@ambiancetc.com - Time to book your cabin on the Cunard group cruises!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com

PostSubject: Re: Airline Ticket Question   Airline Ticket Question Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 11:12 pm

In order to have a truely open ended ticket you're going to have to pay the full, unrestricted economy fare which will be fairly expensive. Some restricted tickets allow you to change the return date for a penalty (usually $200.00) plus any increase in fare should there be one. You can purchase online, but you will need specific travel dates for the round-trip.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Airline Ticket Question   Airline Ticket Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Airline Ticket Question
Page 1 of 1