Number of posts : 62
Age : 50
Location : NYC
Reputation : 0
Points : 0
Registration date : 2007-10-10
|Subject: NYC Visitor Tips - Ask Away Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:29 am|| |
For those who don't me, I'm Victor and as you can see I work for New York City as a Police Officer. If anyone has any questions about visiting NYC, I'll be more than happy to answer. In the meantime, I'd thought I'd post some frequently asked questions and concerns about visiting NYC.
- Finding a Bathroom: First things first. If
you have to go to the bathroom, try a Barnes & Nobles, or a
Starbuck's Coffee. Both usually have reasonably clean bathrooms, but
your mileage may vary. At Starbuck's you'll need to ask for a key,
maybe even buy something.
- Avoid empty subway cars, ride with many people or in the conductor's car (usually the middle car of the train).
- Never display large amounts of cash out in the open.
- Don't keep your wallet in the back pocket of your pants or in a backpack. Moving the wallet to the front pocket of your pants will reduce your chance of being pick-pocketed.
- Be aware of your wallet or purse in commotions Pick pockets often use helpers to create a disturbance nearby.
- Telephone information from a payphone is free.
Simply dial 555-1212 on any pay phone and ask for the number of the
business or person you are looking for. You don't need to put in any
|The Sophisticated Cat|
Number of posts : 74
Location : New England
Reputation : 0
Points : 0
Registration date : 2007-09-06
|Subject: Re: NYC Visitor Tips - Ask Away Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:03 pm|| |
Vic, what a great and thoughtful idea! Are there any subway lines to avoid?
Number of posts : 889
Location : Midwest USA
Reputation : 22
Points : 69
Registration date : 2007-09-05
|Subject: Re: NYC Visitor Tips - Ask Away Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:53 pm|| |
Great advice and tips! Thanks for posting.So this means we get a police escort to the Music Hall?
Cunard Commodore Agency
"Hopelessly lost when not planning a cruise."www.ambiancetc.comNina@ambiancetc.com
- Time to book your cabin on the Cunard group cruises!
Disney Board Host
Number of posts : 42
Location : USA
Reputation : 6
Points : 6
Registration date : 2008-02-07
|Subject: Re: NYC Visitor Tips - Ask Away Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:34 am|| |
Thank you so much for the information. As a person that has only rode a subway once (in Boston) I would never have known they had a conductors car to ride in. I would probably have gone into the empty car and prayed.
Thats very good to know
Disney Travel Specialist
Toll Free: 877-300-5865
|Down The Shore Guy|
Number of posts : 262
Location : Jersey Shore
Reputation : 12
Points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-12
|Subject: Re: NYC Visitor Tips - Ask Away Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:46 pm|| |
Victor, what precinct? I have a friend who works up in the Bronx in the 40th.
|Subject: Re: NYC Visitor Tips - Ask Away || |