Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Genesis - Questions and Answers for Host Ivanova

Go down 
+4
Ugly Betty Fan
Trish
Miriam R
Travel Geek
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Travel Geek
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Travel Geek

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-08-16

Genesis - Questions and Answers for Host Ivanova Empty
PostSubject: Genesis - Questions and Answers for Host Ivanova   Genesis - Questions and Answers for Host Ivanova Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 6:33 pm

I thought I'd start this thread for Questions and Answers specifically about the inaugural sailing on Genesis...

I'll start:

1) Are we going to have any special organized group meetings such as a meet and greet or something similar?

2) What are the chances of getting amenities points for this sailing since we're competing against other groups like Cruise Critic who pull more weight with Royal Caribbean than our brand new board here?
Back to top Go down
Miriam R
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Miriam R

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Genesis - Questions and Answers for Host Ivanova   Genesis - Questions and Answers for Host Ivanova Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 6:44 pm

I'd like to know what we can expect on an Inaugural like this one. Will there be a ceremony? Any special gifts?
Back to top Go down
Trish
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Trish

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Genesis - Questions and Answers for Host Ivanova   Genesis - Questions and Answers for Host Ivanova Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 12:00 pm

Does Royal Caribbean offer reduce deposits for groups? For example, if you book into a Carnival group early enough, the inital deposit can be as low as $25 per person with the remaining deposit to follow in a few weeks. Any chance there will be something like this from Royal Caribbean?
Back to top Go down
Ugly Betty Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Ugly Betty Fan

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2007-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Genesis - Questions and Answers for Host Ivanova   Genesis - Questions and Answers for Host Ivanova Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 12:12 pm

My question goes back to the amenities, say we don't get any, can we still form our own group cocktail hour?
Back to top Go down
Cruiser Brooke
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Cruiser Brooke

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Genesis - Questions and Answers for Host Ivanova   Genesis - Questions and Answers for Host Ivanova Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 11:16 am

Do you know if Genesis will have more suites than Freedom and Voyager Class ships?
Back to top Go down
Josh
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Josh

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Genesis - Questions and Answers for Host Ivanova   Genesis - Questions and Answers for Host Ivanova Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 4:59 pm

I'd like to know what special features they plan to unveil....
Back to top Go down
Kenny's CoWorker
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Genesis - Questions and Answers for Host Ivanova   Genesis - Questions and Answers for Host Ivanova Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 6:37 pm

My question is how are the earned cabins/berths for the tour conductor going to be handled?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Genesis - Questions and Answers for Host Ivanova   Genesis - Questions and Answers for Host Ivanova Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 10:50 pm

I'm going to start backwards and work my way back up the thread...

Kenny's Coworker: how are the earned cabins/berths for the tour conductor going to be handled?
I will need the first two tour conductor berths for my room for myself and my assistant ... after that I'm contemplating several options ... one is to use two berths as a fundraiser for a charity ... another idea is to give two away as an incentive drawing prize (i.e. for everyone who books & deposits by a certain date will be entered in a drawing to have two tour conductor credits credited towards their room) ... if anyone has specific suggestions, please email your ideas to me at susan@shipsntripstravel.com

Josh: special features they plan to unveil
Once RCCL announces anything - it will be posted on Cruise Freeks

Cruiser Brooke - more suites than Freedom/Voyager class ships?
We do not know yet, but once we have concrete details from RCCL it will be posted on Cruise Freeks

(Ugly Betty I'm not skipping you, but I'll answer your question along with Travel Geek's)

Trish - reduced deposits?
Unfortunately no. RCCL and Celebrity changed their group policies a few years ago. From the time we block group space normally we have 90 days to book rooms with passenger names and full deposits (i.e. $250 per person for 7 night sailings). But for specific room number requests and suites, we need to deposit immiediately in order to be able to hold the space longer than 30 days. As of right now I have not heard of them implementing stricter policies for the inaugural. Because it'll be popular, I doubt they'll loosen up on the policies.

Miriam - special ceremonies, gifts?
The assumption is that there will be something special to commemorate the sailing, but until RCCL announces more we don't know exactly what.

Travel Geek - meet & greet, amenities?
Once the group is formed and we have some rooms booked into the group, we can submit our formal request for an onboard meet & greet. I've already had discussions with the Groups Dept about this, and they have said they'll work with us to make it work.

As for amenities, they've offered amenity points on past inaugurals and the thinking amoung the Group Dept reps is that they'll probably offer some kind of amenity points on this inaugural as well. No clue how many, but we might get something. Also I will be booking this through a large host agency that has a lot of pull with RCCL, so I'm confident we won't be looked at as small fish compared to Cruise Critic. Wink

I'm also looking at some ways to include some extra goodies above and beyond anything that we can get through RCCL.

And Ugly Betty Fan, to answer your question, yes if there are no amenity points we will still have a group gathering of some sort ... cocktail party or otherwise. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ascot Scott
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Genesis - Questions and Answers for Host Ivanova   Genesis - Questions and Answers for Host Ivanova Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 4:34 pm

Any idea of when Royal Caribbean will open Genesis for booking? Will it happen when they release the 2009 sailings or will it be later?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Genesis - Questions and Answers for Host Ivanova   Genesis - Questions and Answers for Host Ivanova Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 5:15 pm

Scott,

We don't know yet - they are still working on the final itineraries and ports of call - there's also a little issue of a name Wink The res reps have told me it would be a logistical nightmare for them if the itineraries opened for booking fore the ship name is announced.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genesis - Questions and Answers for Host Ivanova   Genesis - Questions and Answers for Host Ivanova Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Genesis - Questions and Answers for Host Ivanova
Page 1 of 1