Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hotels in Rome?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
luvcruising
Carnival Host
Carnival Host
luvcruising

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-08-16

Hotels in Rome? Empty
PostSubject: Hotels in Rome?   Hotels in Rome? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 4:35 pm

Anyone have any hotel suggestions for Rome?

Cathy
Back to top Go down
http://www.luvcruising.com

Hotels in Rome? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotels in Rome?   Hotels in Rome? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 8:14 pm

Cathy,

Any particular area of Rome? We've stayed at the Regina which is right on Via Veneto, here's the link: http://www.baglionihotels.com/pages/hp_roma.jsp but, it's pricey, you're paying for location.
Back to top Go down
NYC Cruiser
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Hotels in Rome? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotels in Rome?   Hotels in Rome? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 6:23 pm

We've stayed in the Crown Plaza over by the Vatican, it's a quiet place to escape the craziness of Rome!
Back to top Go down
DCDuncan
Resident Expert - Italy
Resident Expert - Italy
DCDuncan

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Hotels in Rome? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotels in Rome?   Hotels in Rome? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 3:26 pm

I lived in Rome for a number of years, just let me know what area interests you most and, I'll point you in the right direction for hotels and/or pensiones. Ciao!
Back to top Go down
luvcruising
Carnival Host
Carnival Host
luvcruising

Hotels in Rome? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotels in Rome?   Hotels in Rome? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 3:57 pm

Thanks everyone! I just booked a 10 Day Holland America cruise from Rome, round-trip in May 08, for a young couple (25 & 34) & need a hotel that's not too pricey & also in good proximity to the cruise terminal, if possible. scratch I love to get personal recommendations, especially when I haven't been there myself!

Thanks again,
Cathy
Back to top Go down
DCDuncan
Resident Expert - Italy
Resident Expert - Italy
DCDuncan

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Hotels in Rome? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotels in Rome?   Hotels in Rome? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 4:39 pm

luvcruising wrote:
Thanks everyone! I just booked a 10 Day Holland America cruise from Rome, round-trip in May 08, for a young couple (25 & 34) & need a hotel that's not too pricey & also in good proximity to the cruise terminal, if possible. scratch I love to get personal recommendations, especially when I haven't been there myself!

Thanks again,
Cathy

Cathy,

Unfortunately, Civitavecchia, which is the cruise port for Rome, is a good hour's drive from Rome and they aren't one in the same. If they only need a hotel for overnight then there are a few in Civitavecchia that would serve them well for just one night. My personal favorite in Civitavecchia is Hotel Giorgio. Then there is the less pricey but still not cheap Hotel Traiano. If they don't mind Hostel style accommodations there is the B&B Susanna in Civitavecchia but, I'm not sure they have a website. There is also a penisone called Casamica, again, I don't think they have a website but, it's clean but the rooms aren't big. I've stayed at Casamica a few times myself and, for a night or two, it's a good choice for those on a budget.

If they want to stay in Rome, let me know and I'll steer you towards the cheaper hotels, in good locations that won't break the bank for them such as the Jolly Hotels.

Hope this helps a bit. And if you need more info, let me know!

John
Back to top Go down
luvcruising
Carnival Host
Carnival Host
luvcruising

Hotels in Rome? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotels in Rome?   Hotels in Rome? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 5:52 pm

Thank you so much, John! This is just what I needed! I forgot that Rome was that far away from the port. I haven't been to Italy since 1983, & went to Florence & Venice, both of which I loved. We stayed in pensiones in both, which was fine for me at that age.

I'll check with my customers & see what they think.

Again, thanks for your help!

Cathy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hotels in Rome? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotels in Rome?   Hotels in Rome? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hotels in Rome?
Page 1 of 1