Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cunard Fashions

Go down 
+39
Cruiseram
flowers
Jfultz81
HelenB
Admin
Wildewoman
vlscruiser
JJ2sail
cruiseforme
Rita NYC
Nigel
Andy The Sailor Man
VJMorrow
Cruising Diva
dream2cruise
Cruise Liner Fan
Kindlychap
NOB
Shelia
Eddie's Wife
NYC PD
Dawns from NJ
Katherine O
Shipmate
First Timer
Gerri
BB
Dr Donna
Dee
JeanMarie
The Sophisticated Cat
Westchester Cruiser
Loves 2 Cruise
4 Leaf Clover
Pam M
Down The Shore Guy
AmbianceTraveler
Leanna N
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage

Cunard Fashions - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 2:09 pm

Since I’m one of the very few people at my office today I did what every good woman would do when faced with spending the day in the office with nothing much to do. Yes I went shopping! I purchased my first formal since my wedding gown in 1990. Christina will be happy since I purchased it a Saks and I’m happy because I got a great deal! A $480 dress for $115. Here’s a link to a picture of it:

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/include/Zoom.jsp?PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524446184239&FOLDER<>folder_id=282574492708047&ASSORTMENT<>ast_id=1408474399545537&bmUID=1230742114570
Back to top Go down
HelenB
Resident Expert Family Cruising
HelenB

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 2:19 pm

Very pretty! I like the style!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mommycruises.com

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 6:14 pm

Barbee524 wrote:
Since I’m one of the very few people at my office today I did what every good woman would do when faced with spending the day in the office with nothing much to do. Yes I went shopping! I purchased my first formal since my wedding gown in 1990. Christina will be happy since I purchased it a Saks and I’m happy because I got a great deal! A $480 dress for $115. Here’s a link to a picture of it:

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/include/Zoom.jsp?PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524446184239&FOLDER<>folder_id=282574492708047&ASSORTMENT<>ast_id=1408474399545537&bmUID=1230742114570

A shopper after my own heart, don't you love I love you finding deals like that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 6:15 pm

HelenB wrote:
Not sure if anyone is interested, but Barrie Pace is having a sale right now, plus they have 25% off orders of $200 or more and 35% off orders of $400 or more.

http://www.barriepace.com/bp/

Their clothes are really expensive but of the best quality. I've picked up a number of sale/clearance items from them in the past. Oh yeah, and did I mention that they have some gorgeous formalwear? I am waiting for the price on this one to come down...

Cunard Fashions - Page 9 FW08_F93BN_F_OCT

Oh yeah this dress screams Tina Very Happy The color, the style - and she wears it extremely well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 6:22 pm

Ok ladies, I need opinions - I'm looking at this one for myself but, I'm afraid it looks to "bridesmaidy". Opinions?

Cunard Fashions - Page 9 _5552410
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 6:46 pm

Cunard Fashions - Page 9 Cruisedresses1

Marina, I'm wondering too what is appropriate. Unfortunately, I gave away the blue dress in this picture, never worn even once. (I know duuh, never thought I would get this dressy).

Will the black dress be ok for the more formal night or do I need to find something more like a ball gown to wear?

Neither my sister or I feels comfortable with bare shoulders on a dress. Im hoping the black one will be ok. It is a designer label dress, but very understated. You cant really tell that the whole bottom part is a overlay because its the same pattern as underneath, just shear. Does this look formal enough for me to wear on the July 4th QM2 cruise? Im still cruise dress shopping. I bought two dresses so far, one I like better than the other, I hope to wear on the cruise too.

Last edited by flowers on Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cruiseram
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Cruiseram

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 6:47 pm

I think it is a beautiful dress, very elegant. I did not think it looked like a bridesmaid dress at all.
Back to top Go down
HelenB
HelenB

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 7:38 pm

Marina, I think there are 2 things that give it a 'bridesmaidy' feel. First is the color. Second is the lace in the center.

By themselves, I suspect that it would be fine, but in conjunction with each other it gets bridemaidy/mother of the bride. My suggestion would be to get it in a different color (if available) or remove the lace in the middle (perhaps replacing with another fabric, or, if you are daring, leaving it bare).

Regardless, it is a very elegant dress!
Back to top Go down
HelenB
HelenB

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 7:46 pm

Flowers,

I can't really tell with the black dress lying on the floor. Is it
possible to show a picture of someone wearing it (not necessarily you
if you don't want to). The way it drapes makes a big difference, as
well as how visible the collar (if any) is.

One way to make a dress fancier is to add fancy accessories. Wearing a
glamorous pair of shoes, jewelry, etc. can do a lot to add lustre to a
dress.

If you find a shoulder-baring dress you like, you could always combine
it with a wrap or one of those gauzy evening jackets, like these:

Cunard Fashions - Page 9 Dress1

Cunard Fashions - Page 9 Dress2

HTH!

Last edited by HelenB on Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 7:55 pm

Marina - does the gown you're looking at come in a darker color perhaps navy or burgundy? Peach would wash you out due to your skin tone with that color of peach. A dark color would make it look more elegant and less like a bridesmaid dress and, it would compliment your skin tone much better Wink But, you're getting much better at this - you must be listening Very Happy The style will flatter your "apple" shape and the neck line will help give you the appearance of being taller. You're on the right track! cheers

Flowers
- it's hard to tell from the photo, are both dresses full length gowns? In Cunard terms formal = full length gown, although I have seen tea-length worn too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 8:15 pm

Ladies if you go over to the Fourth of July thread, I put some photos of people (who I don't know Razz ) and two of our own Nina and James up so you can see typical Cunard Formal wear:

People I don't know on Cunard Formal Nights

https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com/cunard-f26/4th-of-july-2009-t680-360.htm

Nina and James
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com/cunard-f26/4th-of-july-2009-t680-375.htm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 9:24 pm

Well I was looking at a dress but the hemline is all wrong lol!
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 9:28 pm

HelenB wrote:
Flowers,

I can't really tell with the black dress lying on the floor. Is it
possible to show a picture of someone wearing it (not necessarily you
if you don't want to). The way it drapes makes a big difference, as
well as how visible the collar (if any) is.

One way to make a dress fancier is to add fancy accessories. Wearing a
glamorous pair of shoes, jewelry, etc. can do a lot to add lustre to a
dress.

If you find a shoulder-baring dress you like, you could always combine
it with a wrap or one of those gauzy evening jackets, like these:

HTH!

Hmmmm, sounds like your first reaction though is it isn't dressy enough. I'm not really the sophisticated, elegant look type. I do good to put on a little bit of make up and karen and I generally have both been wearing flats. I have always been the tomboy type and not the glamour elegant type. No elegant hairstyle either to dress things up. Fine hair that tends to not stay in hair styles beauty shops do unless it is pinned to death. Having trouble, but luckily got lots of time.

thanks for your reply.
Back to top Go down
HelenB
HelenB

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 9:49 pm

flowers wrote:

Hmmmm, sounds like your first reaction though is it isn't dressy enough.

To be fair, I've never been on a Cunard cruise. I'm just going by other formal events I have attended. Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 10:35 pm

HelenB wrote:

HTH!

Im more the basic black dress kind of girl,but I really like that purple one..
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 10:49 pm

HelenB wrote:
flowers wrote:

Hmmmm, sounds like your first reaction though is it isn't dressy enough.

To be fair, I've never been on a Cunard cruise. I'm just going by other formal events I have attended. Embarassed

I wore the black one on the Caribbean Princess and didn't feel out of place, but Cunard sounds dressier.
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 10:51 pm

PH8 wrote:
HelenB wrote:

HTH!

I love the purple one too, but dont think I have quite that figure lol! I'd sure wear it if I could be that thin by the July 4th cruise .... maybe later on I can look like that Very Happy geek
Back to top Go down
mytee4ever
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 6:34 pm

PH8 wrote:
HelenB wrote:

HTH!

I love this one! The color is awesome. Okay, I'm a sucker for purple, but it is still a great dress.

Towanda
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 10:09 pm

Cunard Fashions - Page 9 BlackWhite

Still looking, this one is my size, but usually a top like this kinda gaps around the arm pits on me, I dont fill the top up enough lol and my upper arms would show which I didnt want. I was thinking something like this with cap sleeves for the black and white ball for me. Its thigh length. Hard to find the sleeves I want, so I could get this one, but would want something gauzy to wrap around the top? This looks dressy enough to me. I dont want too many flounces.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 11:09 pm

That looks good for casual night or is it elegant casual?????????? HELP!!
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 11:56 pm

PH8 wrote:
That looks good for casual night or is it elegant casual?????????? HELP!!

Oh ooo, I was thinking for the black and white ball selection. Formal. It was listed under formal/black when I was doing a cross check to get ideas. Back to the drawing board.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 1:10 am

well, dont ask me................never been on Cunard,but I think balls require ball gowns.....Long .......

Its probably formal for Carnival or RCCL.......But I dont think for the QM2,esp since you said its thigh high!! Thats short!
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 11:21 am

PH8 wrote:
well, dont ask me................never been on Cunard,but I think balls require ball gowns.....Long .......

Its probably formal for Carnival or RCCL.......But I dont think for the QM2,esp since you said its thigh high!! Thats short!

Thanks, back to looking. You are probably right, I need to only be looking at long dresses. Hadn't thought of that. Having trouble finding something. Wishing now I had gotten a Calvin Klein I saw in peach with cap sleeves. Darn, gone. Im not even sure there will be anyone to dance with, so chances are I wouldnt stick around the Black and White ball anyway, but thought I'd come prepared. Luckily we got lots of time. Just hard to find something Im happy with. Ill have lost about half the weight I want to still lose by then, so I can't even go try it on now, having to guess at size. That makes it even harder when I can't get something too form fitting. .... oh to be 20 again when everything fit and head turning on me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 1:33 pm

flowers wrote:
Cunard Fashions - Page 9 BlackWhite

Still looking, this one is my size, but usually a top like this kinda gaps around the arm pits on me, I dont fill the top up enough lol and my upper arms would show which I didnt want. I was thinking something like this with cap sleeves for the black and white ball for me. Its thigh length. Hard to find the sleeves I want, so I could get this one, but would want something gauzy to wrap around the top? This looks dressy enough to me. I dont want too many flounces.

Oh dear... This would appropriate for casual elegant night which is Cunard's version of casual night. You would be pushing your luck for semi-formal night but, it isn't appropriate for a formal evening. I know not everyone has the budget to shop at stores such as Saks but, lots of great gowns can be found at stores such as Macy's and Dillards - especially when there is a sale taking place!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 1:34 pm

flowers wrote:
PH8 wrote:

Thanks, back to looking. You are probably right, I need to only be looking at long dresses. Hadn't thought of that. Having trouble finding something. Wishing now I had gotten a Calvin Klein I saw in peach with cap sleeves. Darn, gone. Im not even sure there will be anyone to dance with, so chances are I wouldnt stick around the Black and White ball anyway, but thought I'd come prepared. Luckily we got lots of time. Just hard to find something Im happy with. Ill have lost about half the weight I want to still lose by then, so I can't even go try it on now, having to guess at size. That makes it even harder when I can't get something too form fitting. .... oh to be 20 again when everything fit and head turning on me.

Actually, Cunard has gentlemen hosts who are dance partners for single ladies Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cunard Fashions
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next