Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cunard Fashions

Go down 
+39
Cruiseram
flowers
Jfultz81
HelenB
Admin
Wildewoman
vlscruiser
JJ2sail
cruiseforme
Rita NYC
Nigel
Andy The Sailor Man
VJMorrow
Cruising Diva
dream2cruise
Cruise Liner Fan
Kindlychap
NOB
Shelia
Eddie's Wife
NYC PD
Dawns from NJ
Katherine O
Shipmate
First Timer
Gerri
BB
Dr Donna
Dee
JeanMarie
The Sophisticated Cat
Westchester Cruiser
Loves 2 Cruise
4 Leaf Clover
Pam M
Down The Shore Guy
AmbianceTraveler
Leanna N
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage

Cunard Fashions - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 9:18 am

Ok ladies, let's get things back to normal in here Very Happy Where else are you gals planning to go shopping before the July 1st sailing?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 10:32 am

Nick are you coming shopping with us? Wink
Back to top Go down
Cruising Diva
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Cruising Diva

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 11:53 am

Hi everyone, I'm not a true regular on this board but, I do sail Cunard and thought I'd lend further insight. I'm a comfort gal and believe that I don't have to sacrifice comfort for the sake of fashion.

Here's an example of something I would wear on a Causal Evening:
Cunard Fashions - Page 6 R4324610
Back to top Go down
Cruising Diva
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Cruising Diva

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 11:56 am

For semi-formal
Cunard Fashions - Page 6 Blacka10
Back to top Go down
Cruising Diva
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Cruising Diva

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 11:57 am

And formal night:
Cunard Fashions - Page 6 04510010
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 12:11 pm

ImNewHere OK I didn't need to look far to get the answers to my questions regarding the proper dress code. It looks like I have casual and semi-formal covered but will need something long for formal. I have been looking for a reason to buy a long gown (I've always loved wearing them) for quite a while now and it looks like I've got one now Very Happy The last long gown I bought was my wedding dress back in 1990.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 12:26 pm

Kathy, Don't worry about packing. You'll be amazed at what you can get into a suitcase and still stay under 50 pounds. I was able to pack into a single suitcase and carry-on for a 12 day transatlantic that included 3 formal nights. Even though I cruise Royal Caribbean I love to dress for formal night. This was also in the early spring on the northern route so I didn't pack a single pair of shorts. I have found that my dresses usually take up less room than anything else and depending on the material can actually travel better than some of my casual day time wear. I tend to look for dresses in jersey knit as it doesn't wrinkle. The worst wrinklers (is that a word?) I've found are cotton camp style shirts.

The hardest packing problem for me has always been shoes. I always want to take about 10 pair but can usually manage to get it down to 3 or 4.
Back to top Go down
Leanna N
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Leanna N

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 12:30 pm

I'm the same way Barb - shoes are my downfall. I literally spend hours trying to limit myself to 3 or 4 pair but, somehow, I always end up with 6 or 7 pair of shoes in my bags Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 12:37 pm

To me,all those 3 pics look like what I would wear on a RCCL chip for formal night..............they all look formal to me..... affraid
Back to top Go down
Pam M
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Pam M

Number of posts : 97

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 12:47 pm

Well I see there was a lot of excitement on the Cunard boards this morning...

Hi Girls, I'm Pam, welcome to those who just joined our Cunard family! Here are my rules of thumb for Cunard:

Formal Night = Gown
Semi-Formal = Tea Length
Casual = A dress I would wear to dinner at a local restaurant or a nice pants suit

Does that simplify things a bit?
Back to top Go down
Loves 2 Cruise
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Loves 2 Cruise

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 1:20 pm

To help end this great shorts or no shorts debate, I searched through webshots and found this:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1261110746043261172GcoeBb

Clearly people DO wear shorts on QM2. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Loves 2 Cruise
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Loves 2 Cruise

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 1:31 pm

I'm trying to remember if this was lunch or breakfast but, you can clearly see people DRESS DOWN during the day. I think most will agree these folks are dressed casually.

Cunard Fashions - Page 6 Dining10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 1:41 pm

I had no doubts that people wore shorts after all Cunard does go to the Caribbean. Though with the state of my legs now affraid I tend towards capris even when it's in the 90's. I hate getting older!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 8:32 pm

Curvy Gal Cruises wrote:

Nope just wondering how much my better half is going to charge on our cards Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:08 am

Nick Needs To Know wrote:
Curvy Gal Cruises wrote:

Nope just wondering how much my better half is going to charge on our cards Very Happy

Don't worry Nick, we'll make sure Leanna gives the cards a healthy workout!
Back to top Go down
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 5:11 pm

Donna Marie,
All three are beautiful! I really love the blue dress. One of the many wonderful things about Cunard is dressing-up.
Betsy
Back to top Go down
VJMorrow
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
VJMorrow

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 11:09 pm

On my most recent NCL cruise I wore workout clothes for my fitness walks (and by the way still gained a few pounds on the cruise Crying or Very sad ) and would keep them on for morning trivia or breakfast at the buffet. I plan on packing them to walk on the QE2 in October, however I would rather change right after my walk in that case. Partially because it is a TA and there is plenty of time, and also because we are dining in PG and I don't want to wear them in the restaurant even during the day.

I am thinking that on Cunard when you see people in shorts or running pants during the day they are wearing them for a short period of time rather than all day long until dinner, at least that has been on my experience which has been limited to TAs. Caribbean cruises may be another scenario.
Back to top Go down
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 7:45 pm

There were a lot of shorts being worn during our Caribbean voyage in Jan. We were in PG and only saw a few in the dining room with shorts on though.

PS: hi Ginny! cute pup! DoggieBreak
Back to top Go down
VJMorrow
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
VJMorrow

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 10:05 pm

534 wrote:
There were a lot of shorts being worn during our Caribbean voyage in Jan. We were in PG and only saw a few in the dining room with shorts on though.

Hi Betsy....Thanks! That's Prada, named as such because she is an Italian Greyhound whose markings make her appear that she is wearing shoes. I know I am going a bit OT but this is a fashion thread.... Wink
Back to top Go down
Andy The Sailor Man
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Andy The Sailor Man

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 5:18 pm

Hey Nick, you have those bow ties you showed us a few months ago. Our newest members might enjoy them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leanna N
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Leanna N

Number of posts : 150

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 5:28 pm

Oh please Andy, don't encourage him!! Razz
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 5:46 pm

bluejay2fly wrote:
534 wrote:

Hi Betsy....Thanks! That's Prada, named as such because she is an Italian Greyhound whose markings make her appear that she is wearing shoes. I know I am going a bit OT but this is a fashion thread.... Wink

I love it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 6:43 pm

I'll be darned if I can find that link but, this will give everyone the idea Wink

Cunard Fashions - Page 6 768-3810
Back to top Go down
Nigel
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Nigel

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 6:53 pm

I might get one of those for New Year's Eve Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 7:09 pm

Why do I have the feeling that Nick found a protege? affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cunard Fashions
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next