Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Cunard Fashions

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Leanna N
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Leanna N

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Cunard Fashions - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 11:36 am

Ok girls, time to get serious about shopping for July 1st. Has anyone found anything for formal nights yet or are you going with what is already in your closet?
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 1:05 pm

I'm going with a couple things in my closet and also planning on buying some new ones. I won't start shopping though until after the baby is born though and really not seriously until I am either A. Back to my normal weight or B. A month before we leave!

"Hopelessly lost when not planning a cruise."

www.ambiancetc.com
Nina@ambiancetc.com - Time to book your cabin on the Cunard group cruises!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com
Kindlychap
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 3:29 pm

Don't forget that what is right for one ship may not be right for another. There are far more prom dresses seen on QM2 than QE2, for example.

Matthew
Back to top Go down
Cruise Liner Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 3:38 pm

Matthew,It is good to read your posts here.I am no longer allowed on that Cunard critic website and you probably remember me as Cedric 1902.Here I refer to myself as Cruise Liner Fan.Regards,Jerry
Back to top Go down
dream2cruise
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
dream2cruise

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 3:56 pm

is there a good website for evening gowns??. I love elegant gowns. Please help.
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 5:05 pm

Kindlychap wrote:
Don't forget that what is right for one ship may not be right for another. There are far more prom dresses seen on QM2 than QE2, for example.

Matthew

Unfortunately, with QE2 leaving in November we will no longer be able to take her into consideration when chosing an appropriate gown and must focus on what is appropriate for QM2 and QV.

As for gowns, do a google search for "evening gown" and you will pull up a host of websites. I normally shop for style ideas online but then buy locally so don't have a website recommendation that I've tried myself. Although, I am tempted to buy this one from Nordstrom:
Cunard Fashions - Page 5 _5680884

www.ambiancetc.com
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 5:36 pm

First timer going on QM2 and the thought of dressing right is making me a little nervous...........

Formal night==gown......semi formal=simply cut gown?? Truthfully,I dont have alot of gowns and will need to buy some..........but Im not quite sure the difference in the two mentioned above......

I can see having to fly and keep weight restrictions is going to be one big challengs.........
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 6:51 pm

Don't stress it out! I'm sure you will see lots of pictures of dresses that the rest of us gals like, bought or want to buy over the next several months and will give you a good idea of what to wear. If you find a dress you like but want a second opinion just post a picture here and we will help you out Smile

www.ambiancetc.com

Last edited by AmbianceTraveler on Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:03 pm

Thanks again............
Back to top Go down
Kindlychap
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:06 pm

AmbianceTraveler wrote:
Kindlychap wrote:

Matthew

Unfortunately, with QE2 leaving in November we will no longer be able to take her into consideration when chosing an appropriate gown and must focus on what is appropriate for QM2 and QV.

As for gowns, do a google search for "evening gown" and you will pull up a host of websites. I normally shop for style ideas online but then buy locally so don't have a website recommendation that I've tried myself. Although, I am tempted to buy this one from Nordstrom:
Cunard Fashions - Page 5 _5680884
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:09 pm

Question.......what different kind of styles are there amongst the ships?? You say,you wear something for QE2 but not on the QM2??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:26 pm

PH8 wrote:
Question.......what different kind of styles are there amongst the ships?? You say,you wear something for QE2 but not on the QM2??

QE2 is considered the grand dame of the fleet, for many, the grand dame of the cruise world, and, people do tend to dress a little more on QE2. Let me see if I can think of a way to get across the difference... The only way I can describe it is that QE2 is more "British" in every sense. Ladies often wear hats and gloves... It's just more formal. Maybe Nina or one of the other ladies or even gentlemen can do QE2 more justice than I am right now. I hope I helped a bit though.
Back to top Go down
dream2cruise
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
dream2cruise

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:30 pm

I don't know, that signs more "stuffy" than elegant
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:30 pm

More than likely I'm not joining you for 4th of July but, I am going on the Christmas 2009 sailing and, personally, I'm eyeing this gown for Black and White night

Cunard Fashions - Page 5 Nmt1qh10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:32 pm

asanchez1961 wrote:
I don't know, that signs more "stuffy" than elegant

Bingo! Wink You just nailed it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:36 pm

Now this is something I would probably get this one (or something like it) for one of the casual nights

Cunard Fashions - Page 5 _5690210
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:37 pm

And perhaps something like this for Semi-Formal night

Cunard Fashions - Page 5 Mag10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:39 pm

Hope those help give a mental image. Keep in mind, I do work in fashion (I work in Saks Fifth Avenue but, I'm back in the offices, however, I do get employee discounts cheers ) and these are really rough guidelines, don't take them as hard fast rules Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:42 pm

Christina, you have made excellent points and have given some wonderful examples for dresses.

BTW, we will have to come and visit you on our shopping trip in July!

www.ambiancetc.com
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:43 pm

Absolutely! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dream2cruise
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
dream2cruise

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:47 pm

that black and white gown is absolutely gorgeous, I work on 6th avenue and Avenue of the Americas, I'm going to have to stop at the store. I anything that is evening elegance.
Back to top Go down
Kindlychap
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:53 pm

FormerlySanFranBayCruiser wrote:
QE2 is considered the grand dame of the fleet, for many, the grand dame of the cruise world, and, people do tend to dress a little more on QE2. Let me see if I can think of a way to get across the difference... The only way I can describe it is that QE2 is more "British" in every sense. Ladies often wear hats and gloves... It's just more formal. Maybe Nina or one of the other ladies or even gentlemen can do QE2 more justice than I am right now. I hope I helped a bit though.

I disagree with your suggestion that she is more "British" - whatever that means. QE2 is international and cosmopolitan. Hats are NOT seen at dinner. Gloves only very occasionally. I don't think Nina can't help you on this one. She's never set foot on QE2.

QM2 is considerably more relaxed. Just look at how informal the dress code is on a transatlantic. TWO elegant casual nights! QE2 just doesn't do elegant casual save for very late departures and overnights. Not on normal sailings.

But one thing she isn't is stuffy.

Matthew

Last edited by Kindlychap on Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:40 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Removal of Moderators awkwardly phrased modifications. Replacement for possibly overhasty dismissal at start of post.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 9:51 pm

Pictures say a thousand words...thanks Christina...
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 10:07 pm

My dear Matthew, I may not have had the pleasure of meeting the beautiful QE2 in person but that doesn't mean I am completely ignorant of her style and essence. Personally, I think the grand ship herself would be more appalled to find that someone might chose not to sail her or her sisters due to hearing an opinion that distracts from the pure joy of ocean travel by giving too narrow of a view point on what is acceptable to the majority of those who chose to sail with her.

Those who love the Cunard product and have not lost a delight in what is offered onboard to cynicisim or pickiness naturally do not want it to give way to the types of things that make the mainstream lines mainstream. Personally, I would rather see people more dressy than not but more so I would like to see them having a good time and making wonderful memories onboard these beautiful ships. If they enjoyed themselves it would almost guarantee future voyages to learn more about the Cunard ways and traditions and "fix" anything that they found not to be in keeping with what they found onboard.

So loosen your tie a little because you never know, you might even enjoy being more friendly to those around you Smile

www.ambiancetc.com

Last edited by AmbianceTraveler on Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dream2cruise
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
dream2cruise

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 10:10 pm

well said, you go girl.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cunard Fashions
Page 5 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Cunard-
Jump to: