Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Review of Carnival Conquest - January 20, 2008

Go down 
AuthorMessage
luvcruising
Carnival Host
Carnival Host
luvcruising

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-08-16

Review of Carnival Conquest - January 20, 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Review of Carnival Conquest - January 20, 2008   Review of Carnival Conquest - January 20, 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 5:46 pm

Cruise Line: Carnival

Ship: Conquest

Itinerary: Montego Bay, Jamaica, Georgetown, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Mexico

Sailing Dates: 1/20/08 - 1/27/08

Departure City: Galveston, TX

Cabin Category: Oceanview Cabin, Category 6A

Hometown: Fort Worth, TX

How I booked (directly or with a travel agent): Booked by me (travel agent)

My experiences:
This is a beautiful ship!! This was a Group cruise I booked for my family for my parents' 60th Wedding Anniversary! We had 6 cabins total, but had great amenities - $100 Onboard credit per cabin, Bottle of champagne & chocolates per cabin, Carnival totebag per person.

We were supposed to have VIP check-in since my hubby & I are in Carnival Vacation Club ( which is turning out to be useless!), but only got it after nicely complaining - they let my 80 & 84 year old come with us. Has anyone else used Carnival Vacation Club?

This was my 2nd time on this ship - the other time was Feb 07. We had 3 OV Cabins on Deck 2 (mine was 1 of them), 2 Inside cabins on Deck 9 & 1 Balcony Cabin on Deck 9. Our cabin was comfortable, clean & quiet. The crew we came into contact with was mostly cheerful, helpful, friendly. The Cruise Director, Mark Price, was great, as was his staff. The food in the Dining room was really good - my favorites are the Chateau Briand, lobster tail, veal parmigiana, the famous WARM CHOCOLATE MELTING CAKE was`awesome, as usual! I was a bit disappointed that the lobster tail was smaller than last year & they had added 3 or 4 broiled shrimp, which were really good, but not lobster! The buffet food was good, as well.

The entertainment was good, something for just about everyone juggling . I love the trivia games & the Newlywed-Not so Newlywed Game, which my parents were in & they did really well! The Mardi Gras deck party was fun, too. I didn't see the Comedian this time, but heard he was good. The magician, "Deja - the Diva of Deception" was OK, but I'd like to see someone else next time.

The first 2 days of the cruise were fairly rocky - high winds & rough seas that we didn't have last year. Otherwise the weather was good except for when we got near Galveston, we had to stop & drop anchor because the Port of Galveston was closed due to heavy fog! We couldn't even dock until about 11:30 that morning!

In Jamaica, we went on the Semi-submersible excursion, but were disappointed in how murky the view was & the lack of sea animals - the only way we saw fish was when the diver threw food in the water. In Grand Cayman we rented a van & my husband drove us around for hours ( & we survived!) eek We stopped at Rum Point for lunch & the beach. This was a cool place to relax, take in the ocean & beach. Our food was great! I would recommend stopping there. In Cozumel we just went to the close shopping area visible from the dock.

We had a fun cruise! Please let me know if you need anymore info!

Cathy Wooley

luvcruising.com

uCruiser.com Ticker
Back to top Go down
http://www.luvcruising.com

Review of Carnival Conquest - January 20, 2008
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Carnival Cruises :: Carnival Cruise Reviews-
Jump to: