Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A question about the earned cabins for the groups

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

A question about the earned cabins for the groups Empty
PostSubject: A question about the earned cabins for the groups   A question about the earned cabins for the groups Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 2:43 pm

Nina,

I have a question, hope I"m not over stepping the boundaries here. What is going to happen with the "free" berths the groups earn for the Christmas and Inaugural sailings. I know the first one goes to you because you're the TA and group leader but, IF we earn more than that how is that going to work?

Nick
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: A question about the earned cabins for the groups   A question about the earned cabins for the groups Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 4:16 pm

Nick,

I can't believe you asked that question...talk about stepping over the line! eek

JUST KIDDING!!! Actually, it is a very good question and will depend on just how many TC's are earned and what other amenities are available. Here are some of my thoughts...

*The TC's will be divided equally among the group in the form of OBC

*It will go toward reducing everyone's final payment equally

*We'll give it to the Captain to thank him for his service

*We'll have a drawing and it will be awarded to one lucky member of the group

*We'll use it to fund the "Nick, Eddie & Andy Hour"

*We'll use it to fund a group dinner at Todd English or a cocktail hour etc.

Once the space comes out and the first booking rush is over I will be spending an evening crunching numbers. I will look at the amenity points available to "spend" along side what is offered. I will do the math to figure out what is going to be the most valuable to the group. For example,

If we can get $100.00 OBC for the same "cost" as 2 bottles of wine & canapes it is a better value to go for the OBC as the wine would only cost 40-50 dollars if purchased out right and canapes don't cost $50.00 either!

Sometimes, the cruise line enables the agent to use the points to buy the right to significantly reduced rates if they are sailing with a group of more than 50 passengers. If I don't have to use any of the TC's all of that money can go toward OBC or reduced prices or whatever.This often uses quite a few points but can at times be worth it if the value of the TC's to the group overall, out weigh the value of the points.

If there are multiple options with the same or close value I will put it up to a vote on the board.

My husband and I often work together on groups with more than 25 people because the work load can be significant and we usually put in several hours a day each while onboard working for the group. Because of this we will need to have someone to watch our girls when the children's program is not open. We will of course be paying for all the expenses of our family and do not expect any of the TC's or reduced rates to cover that. However, we will need to supplement our personal cabin cost with either 1-2 tc's depending on the pricing or with points for the reduced rates. We are expecting to cover our own transportation, hotel, taxes, tips, port charges etc out of our own wallet because we are getting a semblance of a vacation out of this and would have those expenses regardless.

*Please note: I will be doing my very best to bring the most value to the group without any concern to personal expenses or even profit (I am at least hoping to break even but if not, we'll have a great vacation with our family anyway!). That is my promise to you all.

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions please let me know!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com

PostSubject: Re: A question about the earned cabins for the groups   A question about the earned cabins for the groups Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 5:32 pm

That's cool ImNotWorthy Thank you great leader
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A question about the earned cabins for the groups   A question about the earned cabins for the groups Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 5:40 pm

I like the OBC idea!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A question about the earned cabins for the groups   A question about the earned cabins for the groups Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 5:47 pm

I like either the OBC or final payment reduction across the board.

Nina, now I have a question, say we have some great amenities points and OBC is part of the package (without the group TCs being included). And let's say everyone votes for the OBC in addition to what is being included. Are you going to be allowed to advertise it that way?

In other words, say Nick and Marina want to put up a poster in their office or Ajani wants to promote us in his blog or if I want to share this information with friends and associates, will we be allowed to advertise the additional onboard-credit?

Derek
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: A question about the earned cabins for the groups   A question about the earned cabins for the groups Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 6:07 pm

Derek,

It will depend how sure of a thing the amenites are. Some depend on a certain number of passengers being maintained others depend on what category you are booked in. When pricing and amenites come out I can create a general promotional flyer that I can mail out to everyone for passing around. It will list starting prices, itinerary, dates as well as a blurb about the extras such as:

Book during one of our sales the first weeks of May, July & August and receive up to $300.00 OBC and 50% off your deposit.

Other amenites may include additional OBC or extra dicounts depending on final group size. The larger the group the better the benefits so book your cabin today!

Or when we have a confirmed amenity..

Other amenities included when booking this sailing include an ADDITIONAL $150.00 OBC, invitation to an exclusive cocktail party and dinner at Todd English with the group!

(That would be if we had a very nice sized group and great amenity points!)
Back to top Go down
Down The Shore Guy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Down The Shore Guy

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: A question about the earned cabins for the groups   A question about the earned cabins for the groups Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 8:27 pm

I'll be promoting, that much you can count upon.
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: A question about the earned cabins for the groups   A question about the earned cabins for the groups Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 8:59 pm

For anyone that would like to promote this sailing at work, church or to friends and family email/PM me with your address and I will send you some flyers once they are ready. If you think there would be interest, I can create some "Pre-reserve" flyers for you to pass out now.
Back to top Go down
Andy The Sailor Man
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Andy The Sailor Man

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: A question about the earned cabins for the groups   A question about the earned cabins for the groups Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 6:37 pm

Sounds great Nina
Back to top Go down
Dee
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Dee

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-12-20

PostSubject: Re: A question about the earned cabins for the groups   A question about the earned cabins for the groups Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 9:33 pm

I have another question or should I say comment, I'll be more than happy to post the flyer at work but, you might want to put on your office hours so you're not getting called all hours of the evening.
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: A question about the earned cabins for the groups   A question about the earned cabins for the groups Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 11:38 pm

***Announcement****

"Sneak Preview" flyers are now created and available. (See Below)

If you would like to print one out and post it up at work please email or PM me your email address and I will send it as a word.doc

If you would like them printed and snail mailed to you please send me your address and number of copies requested. The printed/emailed copies include pictures.

Sneak Preview Invitation!

Christmas Cruise on Cunard’s
Queen Mary 2
to the Caribbean in 2009

Christmas on Cunard is something special, from the beautiful decorations, special dinners and themed balls to the wonderful itinerary and attentive service. Perfect for singles, couples and the whole extended family you will never be bored on QM2 the largest ocean liner ever built!

Although the typically 14nt. sailing hasn’t even been officially released, the Cunard Cruisers at www.cruisefreekforum.com are already revving up for this wonderful getaway to the places where palm trees sway and the sand is warm between your toes. Pre-reservations are currently being accepted for all cabin categories. For your choice of prime cabins and locations send in your request early!

Booking with the group will afford you these special bonuses:
5% discount on pricing, reduced deposits, special invitations to group functions, optional private shore excursions and depending on final group size, extra amenities such as ship board credit, additional discounts or wine will be included.

The group is also putting together an optional pre-cruise package showing off some of the best New York City* has to offer. The pre-cruise package will include:

· 1 night accommodation in a deluxe Eastside property such as the Library Hotel

· Ticket to the Radio City Christmas Spectacular

· Invitation to dinner at a local restaurant

· Transportation via motor coach to the ship

For more information visit the Cunard board at www.cruisefreekforum.com or contact the group’s Travel Coordinator - Nina of Ambiance Travel, by email or phone:
Nina@ambiancetc.com ~ PH: 1-616-405-6950
Mon-Fri 10am-5:30pm - Sat 11am-4:30pm – Sun Closed

*We have unconfirmed reports that the QM2 will indeed be returning to New York in 2009 for the Holiday Sailing. For updates please visit the boards or email Nina to sign up for the newsletter.
Back to top Go down
Queen of the Seas
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Queen of the Seas

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: A question about the earned cabins for the groups   A question about the earned cabins for the groups Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 11:45 am

Nina, in your experience what type of amenities do you think we're looking at? Something like a bottle of wine or more like wine and onboard credit?

Also, I'm a bit confused about the sale. Is onboard credit a given during the sales period? In other words, say we aren't getting onboard credit as part of the normal package, will it be included if we book during the sale time?
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: A question about the earned cabins for the groups   A question about the earned cabins for the groups Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 11:52 pm

From what I have seen offered to holiday sailings in the past we can expect either OBC of about $50-100 per person or 2-4 bottles of wine.

OBC during the cruise sales are $100.00 for inside, $200.00 for balcony and $300.00 for grills. These are guaranteed and in addition to other amenities if booked during the sale (Unless Cunard changes the rules between now and when the space comes out, not likely).

The larger the group the more TC's we earn which will provide the group with additional perks/amenities or discounts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A question about the earned cabins for the groups   A question about the earned cabins for the groups Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 1:29 pm

Ok everyone, you heard our wonderful leader - now get out there an P-R-O-M-O-T-E
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A question about the earned cabins for the groups   A question about the earned cabins for the groups Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A question about the earned cabins for the groups
Page 1 of 1