Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 9:12 pm

PH8 wrote:
Wow...........some weather you had there Patti.............BUT wanna bet it was even worse in another part of Cleveland?? Rolling Eyes Seriously,glad the guys got the tree down before it fell!! Question for you.how many NEXTCRUISE threads are there?? affraid Jeez..........I think there should be one sticky for it!

My vote is for the Rhapsody........my biggest reason is more credits!! Very Happy
No doubt it was worse over there.

You noticed that also. I thought the threrad I started said it all. I agree with the sticky.........it should be on the front page where everyone sees it. I'm getting tired of repeating myself.

Oh Yeah...........almost forgot........at 8:35PM we had an EARTHQUAKE. I was sitting at the computer and the whole house shook. At least this time I felt it. Last time we had one I was cutting the grass.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 9:14 pm

Boy Patti, you and LJ are very lucky that there wasn't any damage to either house...Stay safe...Thanks for the BD wishes...Later, Jill Cool

Up Next: Fr 11/09, Solstice 2/10, Oasis 10/10, Holiday Mystery Cruise 12/10
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 PolarBearBanner1
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 9:19 pm

Action packed week Patti......glad all is well in the long run........Sorry the weather had to get there, hoped it would dissipate before it got that far!!

Jen.....keep taking the airborne and hope u don't get sick.

Jean..I'd do Rhapsody too......we did her when she was in Galveston and loved it. (didn't care for the LA but that's another story)

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 9:46 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
Action packed week Patti......glad all is well in the long run........Sorry the weather had to get there, hoped it would dissipate before it got that far!!

Jen.....keep taking the airborne and hope u don't get sick.

Jean..I'd do Rhapsody too......we did her when she was in Galveston and loved it. (didn't care for the LA but that's another story)

jul Smile
The winds actually were worse after midnight..............so we are so glad that the tree was taken down without incident.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 10:16 pm

Hi all... let's see if I can catch up...

Jean #2, congrats on your half-dom! Does that mean you are just a U-citizen instead of a US-citizen? Very Happy

Sheila, I think I missed your departure, but am hoping you have a great time!

Jul and Patti, we also have been getting bad weather, although nothing like you've had! Lots of tornadoes in the surrounding towns, but nothing but some rain here. All the snow is finally gone (well, there are still a few minor piles in places)

Jean #1, we've haven't sailed on the Millenium class, but have sailed the X Horizon, Century and Galaxy. I think you'd probably like them! We didn't find them very different than RCCL truth be told. Not as many pool games, but some great dancing bands, fabulous Martini bars and almost no pesty announcements for Bingo, Art auctions etc. Yes, a little more sedate crowd, but not boring by any means. We were "elite" the last time we sailed them and were offered some nice behind the scene tours/cocktail parties, got the coupon book (which is just a page of tear off coupons). I can't remember for sure, but I think we had some food aka strawberries or snacks delivered to the cabin one night. No CL, no bal discount, but not a bad deal if the price is right. If we ever get to NZ/AUS, I think I'd have to pick the cruise with the best itinerary. A friend of mine spent 3 weeks doing a land tour via RV... they enjoyed NZ much more than AUS, but I think it's different when doing a land tour than cruise...

Jill, HAPPY B-DAY!!!! Party

I probably missed someone else... sorry, you are in my thoughts, if not my typing fingers!
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 10:35 pm

Party HappyBirthday Party

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JILL

Patti - Sheeeeeeeesh...what a day you had. Glad everything is ok now.

Jean - Decisions, decisions....I'd get on a cargo ship if I was able to go to NZ or AUS!!! Have to agree with Patti about Hurdy Gurdy, that would add several points to Rapsody for me, and of course as someone mentioned...more credits, CL, etc. Hope Fido mends quickly, and as long as Carmen is not in pain, gimpy is ok.

Jul - Saw pics on the news, you were veeeeeeeeeery lucky.

Hope everyone's weather is improving. Cleveland must be under 10 feet of snow, no posting from there....must be shoveling snow instead of the usual $#&%.
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 10:47 pm

Wow Patti....an earthquake in Ohio???!!!!! That's weird. We get them out here often, but I don't think that I have ever heard of one in Ohio. What was the Richter scale on it?
Oh Jean, I am envious...I would so love to do a cruise to NZ....it is my old stomping grounds...love the place, love the people....have had many a layover there! We have friends that live in Auckland and we once spent 3 weeks with them touring the North and South islands. Hope you get to stop in their wine country area which is Nelson/Picton. Much like Calif. wine country except for all the sheep. Milford Sound is a fjord and that area is much like parts of Alaska. That is at the very southern part of the so. Island. Christ Church is an amazingly lovely old city.
If you like lamb, have it there as there is not any finer lamb anywhere...and have it onshore, not the ship.
Used to have a great time shopping there as well as we used to get $1.70 NZ for our dollars...especially great for Duty Free. I am sure that no longer is true.

This is one trip that I will be green with envy...take a light sleeping tab when you get on the plane as it will be an allnighter and put in ear plugs and you should be fine with the 11 hour trip to Auckland. That is if it is non-stop. Some go through Hawaii.

I have been to Australia too, but I am in the camp of liking NZ better. However, there is a lot of fun to be had in Aust. As a crew we went up to Hunter Valey which I believe is North of Sydney(I wasn't driving) and that is their wine country.
Got to hold a Koala in Brisbane, and we both fed the "Joeys" baby kangeroos, had a trek into the outback and had Billy tea ....lots to see and do.
YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!!
...and did I say that I love it "Down Under"?????

Hugs, Mar~
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 10:51 pm

Wow Patti....an earthquake in Ohio???!!!!! That's weird. We get them out here often, but I don't think that I have ever heard of one in Ohio. What was the Richter scale on it?
Oh Jean, I am envious...I would so love to do a cruise to NZ....it is my old stomping grounds...love the place, love the people....have had many a layover there! We have friends that live in Auckland and we once spent 3 weeks with them touring the North and South islands. Hope you get to stop in their wine country area which is Nelson/Picton. Much like Calif. wine country except for all the sheep. Milford Sound is a fjord and that area is much like parts of Alaska. That is at the very southern part of the so. Island. Christ Church is an amazingly lovely old city.
If you like lamb, have it there as there is not any finer lamb anywhere...and have it onshore, not the ship.
Used to have a great time shopping there as well as we used to get $1.70 NZ for our dollars...especially great for Duty Free. I am sure that no longer is true.

This is one trip that I will be green with envy...take a light sleeping tab when you get on the plane as it will be an allnighter and put in ear plugs and you should be fine with the 11 hour trip to Auckland. That is if it is non-stop. Some go through Hawaii.

I have been to Australia too, but I am in the camp of liking NZ better. However, there is a lot of fun to be had in Aust. As a crew we went up to Hunter Valley which I believe is North of Sydney(I wasn't driving) and that is their wine country.
Got to hold a Koala in Brisbane, and we both fed the "Joeys" baby kangeroos, had a trek into the outback and had Billy tea ....lots to see and do.
YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!!
...and did I say that I love it "Down Under"?????

Hugs, Mar~

Hugs, Mar~
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

PostSubject: It wasn't me   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 10:54 pm

ThreadHiJack I promise, I did not post twice..count number is the same...Weird way this thread is acting tonight!
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 10:57 pm

Susan....I love "U citizen"....that's funny! roflmao
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 11:20 pm

Only 5 more posts......mmmmmmmmmmm can I do this tonight???

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 11:25 pm

Mar, it was a 3.1 on the scale which is probably a miniscule jolt compared to what you all get out there. We actually get them quite often, but normally they go unnoticed.

Jean, I forgot to mention that we have sailed on Celebrity Summit, I guess the sister to Millie. The food, I must say was slightly better than Royal and the desserts were to die for. I did not like their version of the Windjammer. It was one long cafeteria line........very poor design. Much stuffier than Royal and on formal night you were requested to stay dressed that way all evening.

But, as Susan said............go for the itinerary. NZ is much greener and the ports we visited were not a metropolis like Melboure and Sydney. Loved Hobart and Dunedin.

Whatever your choice...............you can't go wrong doing a cruise.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 12:44 am

Catch everyone tomorrow...Have a good evening

Lil Sis you can do it HappyHappyJoyJoy ...Later, Jill Sleep

Up Next: Fr 11/09, Solstice 2/10, Oasis 10/10, Holiday Mystery Cruise 12/10
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 PolarBearBanner1
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 1:51 am

YEEEHAW..........Have a trip booked....and not a working one HappyHappyJoyJoy

We are going to fly to LV then drive to LA and spend 5 days there and drive back to LV to fly home........CANNOT WAIT!!!.......I can feel the sand between my toes!!.....

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 1:53 am

My pet deer is back out here eating again.........I told dh we are going to have to have our dd come over and take care of her while we are gone!!
Good thing she lives next door!!!

j
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 1:53 am

k...........Now I'm close enuff I GOTTA DO IT
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 1:54 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 2:39 am

Way to go, Jul! Congratulations If I hadn't gone back & edited so darned many posts over the past few months, I'd be there too, but I guess I need to step up the pace, LOL.

Thanks for all the feedback. I'm not sure Hurdy Gurdy would be a plus for me - would I get thrown in the brig for slapping the Captain if he put his hands on me? On the other hand, I recall that Reyno said that HG wanted him onboard, and that would definitely be a plus for Mrs. Robinson! LittleDevil
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 10:40 am

cruiseforme wrote:
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Congratulations Julie!

Since it's the AM mimosa's for everyone!

I have a way to go, I should probably get busy between now and next Friday.

d
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 11:18 am

cruiseforme wrote:
My pet deer is back out here eating again.........I told dh we are going to have to have our dd come over and take care of her while we are gone!!
Good thing she lives next door!!!

j

Gee Julie all we have are armadillos and while pretty funny to watch they're kind of stupid!

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 11:25 am

Morning.........

Cheers CONGRATS JUL!! Cheers ...Mimosas sound good to me........ever have champagne and cranberry juice?? Had that on a RCCL ship and it was really good.......

Earthquake?? Tornadoes?? Hope the weather gets better for you Patti..we had one earthquake when I lived on Long Island.....shook the bed....it was certainly eye opening....

Watched Regis this morning...........Howie mandel is co hosting........he was talking about his RCCL cruise........and you know what a germaophobe he is?? he said RCCL is so clean!! Good publicity for them,huh!!

Jean-I can not believe you have another cruise coming up again.........better you and Jill,you guys should just sell your homes and live on the sea! Pirate
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 11:41 am

PH8 wrote:
Watched Regis this morning...........Howie mandel is co hosting........he was talking about his RCCL cruise........and you know what a germaophobe he is?? he said RCCL is so clean!! Good publicity for them,huh!!

WOW, for Howie to say RCCL is clean IS really good publicity. Did he say which ship he was on?

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 1:21 pm

Jul............CONGRATULATIONS MATE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I missed Howie this morning............but saw him on Jay Leno last week. He kept talking about Royal Caribbean and everytime he mentioned the name of the cruise line Leno said..."another free cruise"!!

I'm sure he didn't stay in an aft cabin on deck 8!!
roflmao

Going out to lunch today and then getting my hair trimmed. Have a wonderful day and will be back later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 2:28 pm

frudutx wrote:
PH8 wrote:

WOW, for Howie to say RCCL is clean IS really good publicity. Did he say which ship he was on?

d

Brilliance Dec 21st....12 nighter.......he didnt say but found that info on CC....
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 3:06 pm

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 2984795350033870675sxxlTd_th
This is for you Diane...Danny sends his love!

Whoa an eathquake...sounds like many happenings over there

Have a great trip Juls...have a little something for you to look at...
http://community.webshots.com/album/562044561gtvHaz

Monk Seal swam into our lagoon (the Disney stile one, where folks snotkle & pattle boat) and began her supper feeding. Eatin the eels, playing ball with a puffer fish. I got there at the end of her romp & smapped the photos posted...soooo cool

We ate at Roy's last night.....OMG it was good!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Royal Caribbean :: Royal Caribbean All Aboard! (Roll Call) :: 2007-
Jump to: